Why can't a holer be more like an anthro?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      One of our undercover double agents and intelligence officers just informed us that a notorious holer, Diana Winters, At mumsnet, is babbling all over the internet, in corners I wouldn't care to thread, that anthroposophy is a religion and that Waldorf schools are only fronts to in secret spread anthroposophy.

      Well, to paraphrase Henry Higgins a little bit:

      Diana is irrational, that's all there is to that!
      Her head is full of cotton, hay, and rag!
      She's nothing but an exasperating, irritating,
      vacillating, calculating, agitating,
      Maddening and infuriating hag!

      We could always continue, of course, and call the song, " Why can't a holer be more like an anthro? "

      Why can't a holer be more like an anthro?
      Anthros are honest, so thoroughly square;
      Eternally noble, historic'ly fair;
      Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat.
      Well, why can't a holer be like that?
      Why does ev'ryone do what the others do?
      Can't a holer learn to use its head?
      Why do they do ev'rything their fellows do?
      Why don't they grow up- well, like the anthros instead?
      Why can't a holer take after an anthro?
      Anthros are pleasant, so easy to please;
      Whenever you are with them, you're always at ease.
      Would you be slighted if I didn't speak for hours?
      PICKERING
      Of course not!
      HIGGINS
      Would you be livid if I had a drink or two?
      PICKERING
      Nonsense.
      HIGGINS
      Would you be wounded if I sang a hymn to flowers?
      PICKERING
      Never.
      HIGGINS
      Well, why can't a holer be like you?
      One anthro in a million may shout a bit.
      Now and then there's one with slight defects;
      One, perhaps, whose truthfulness you doubt a bit.
      But by and large we are a marvelous sect!
      Why can't a holer take after like an anthro?
      Cause anthros are friendly, good natured and kind.
      A better companion you never will find.
      If I were hours late for dinner, would you bellow?
      PICKERING
      Of course not!
      HIGGINS
      If I mentioned Steiner's birthday, would you fuss?
      PICKERING
      Nonsense.
      HIGGINS
      Would you complain if I said Steiner was a jolly fellow?
      PICKERING
      Never.
      HIGGINS
      Well, why can't a holer be like us?
      [To Mrs. Winters]
      Mrs. Winters, you're a holer...
      Why can't a holer be more like an anthro?
      Anthros are decent, such regular chaps.
      Ready to help you through any mishaps.
      Ready to buck you up whenever you are glum.
      Why can't a holer be a chum?
      Why is thinking something holers never do?
      Why is logic never even tried?
      Straight'ning up their websites is all they ever do.
      Why don't they straighten up the mess that's inside?
      Why can't a holer behave like an anthro?
      If I was a holer who'd been to a school,
      Been hailed as a savant and called wise and cool;
      Would I start weeping like a bathtub overflowing?
      And carry on as if my home were in a tree?
      Would I start lying and never allow the truth to be showing?
      Why can't a holer be like me?

      Well, about anthroposophy being taught in Waoldorf schools and all that crap,  check out chapter 10 of the Easton-biography  (The Founding of the Waldorf School):

      http://uncletaz.com/easton/ch10.html

      It is worth mentioning here that Steiner, even in his opening address, made it clear that the school was not and never would become a school for teaching Anthroposophy. The teachers would work from an anthroposophical impulse and out of the knowledge of Anthroposophy that they had acquired, including knowledge of the threefold nature of the human being. But they would tell the children nothing of what lay behind their teaching. Even in the religious classes that were given in all German schools in the 1920s no anthroposophical concepts were taught. A Catholic priest taught the Catholic children and a Protestant pastor taught the Protestant children. Those parents who were neither Catholic nor Protestants could choose for their children a general nondenominational Christianity course given by one of the regular school teachers, which might of course be somewhat influenced by the anthroposophical orientation of the teacher. In the early years of the school it became, as it turned out, by far the most popular of the three religious courses!

      Cheers,