Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] on ahriman

    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 29, 2008

      I am thinking of the saying 'I am in this world but not of it' and how that relates to finding oneself in the temporal/transitory versus the eternities of a thing. Yet if we consider this without the thinking heart we can find ourselves in the abstractions of things. So how does one fully enter into their body and have the spirit walk it in all ways? Is not this the question of Easter?

      Here we can judge any other religion or a people for not entering into or coming to understand the Christ principle. And we can feel sorry for this one and that. However if we our very own selves do not find a way to walk this body, to ever be seeking to embody the Christ principles how much more enlightened are we for having the knowlegde that Christ did walk the Earth, that He did come to reverse the Fall, to show man the way towards developing the Ego?

      Sure, we can talk and be humble and gather our selves together like little nice sheep who all find one another and support one another in our efforts etc. But whoa is to them that have the capacity to rise to the inklings of the Spirit Self instreaming from the Sixth Epoch and do not. For it is they that have the capacity to lead man by example that can truly make a difference in this world at this time.

      All good things,

      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 29, 2008

        What I am wanting to say is not that it is whoa because someone else is going to be given us a whoopin rather it is our own selves that is going to give a 'whatfor' to what we had hoped to accomplish here on earth during this period of time.

        All good things,

        Dottie

        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 29, 2008

          http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080429/ap_on_el_pr/obama_pastor

          Well, I like Reverend Wright. I think we need a little of him every day. I am glad he is out in the spotlight and I think he highlights also Obama's lack of moral courage to meet this issue fairly straight on: to hell with politics come high or hell water.

          Obama woulda earned my highest respects if he had dealt with this differently. I woulda thought 'now here's a man that's not going to throw his friend into the pit for speaking a truth that is understood in the black community. But he didnt'. But I believe his wife woulda done it differently. That's why she woulda had my vote, I trust her to speak her mind clearly on these types of issues. Unfortunately now married to Obama she is compromised in this situation.

          I can see however that Obama would be offended that his Pastor/friend would continued to speak out even though it could bring more heat to his campaign and ruin its chances of truly being a clear front runner. I get that. But when you put God first you and you have integrity, you can trust your thoughts on this issue will be heard. He speaks about bridging the gap but he through his own Reverend over the wall.

          All good things,

          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 29, 2008
            What I find interesting is the reactions of the media -- I'm watching CNN, I don't get Fox or the others -- I listen to the chosen guests of Larry King, and they keep saying that Wright's utterances are so terrible and despicable and so on -- but are they really? In fact, it's not about race like they claim, it's about grassrot Afro-American perspective on history and politics, which is very reminiscent of A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.

            They call it anti-Semitic to say that Israel is a terrorist state. But that's a political statement, not a racial one, aimed at Zionist hawks and a military out of control, not Jews. And they find it so shocking to hear Wright echo Malcolm X when he says that with 9-11, the chickens come home to roost. How awful, how unpatriotic and unamerican. But look at history -- it began with the 1953 CIA coup in Iran, and even before that with the mischief of the British Empire in the Middle East. And there's "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins to tell the rest of the story, so the chickens did indeed come home to roost with 9-11.

            It's the utter ruthless brutality of American history highlighted by Wright that the media are denying, and the present brutality of US foreign policy so well analyzed and explained by Noam Chomsky and others. In my opinion, Jeremiah Wright has been too supportive of Louis Farakhan, although it's understandable because they're both on the south side of Chicago as black spiritual leaders, but Farakhan is outrageously racist and divisive and hateful. But Wright's Farachan-apology is a very, very small piece of his message, although he seems to be playing it to get back at Obama for opposing him. The media, however, are quoting Wright out of context to make him look racist, by playing the same clips over and over again -- pretty much the same way the hole dwellers are playing the Doctor.

            And Obama -- of course he has to denounce Wright and play along with the media hype, otherwise he wouldn't have a shot at the White House. He needs the corporate support and the Pentagon support and all that. And he will continue powerplay in the Middle East, business as usual what US foreign policy is concerned with a few twists that make him one little notch better than his two competitors. And he's the least scary of the three.  Hillary worries me, spooks me, with her obvious powerthirst and ambition. McCain has a dark and sinister side, say those who know him, that we have hardly seen. And everybody says over and over and over that he's such a hero, has rendered such wonderful and heroic service to his country -- for what? Bombing Vietnamese civilians! He was shot down and captured on his 23rd killing-and-maiming bombing mission in North Vietnam. Why was this such a wonderful service to the United States? How has the US benefited from that? The US was condemned by the world and booted out of that country. If he earned his heroic status in captivity, there are plenty of innocent folks at Guantanamo who certainly qualify as heroes.

            Just some thoughts,

            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 29, 2008

              Tarjei, one has to have ambition and drive to fufil their destiny. One has to have and take initiative to accomplish their tasks. Hillary, as a woman, is judged for this. She's smart, she's quick, she's tight, and she aint perfect. But neither is anyone else. I am not trying to sell you on Hillary but I appreciate a woman with a sword who doesn't let the men speak for her heart. She speaks it, ugly or pretty, she speaks it.

              He is a back board man. He's marshmellow for what we need at this time. We need a strong leader to lead in this moment not just call for change, but one who, when they roll up their sleeve it aint for no photo op.

              All good things,

              Dottie

              p.s. If he truly was about change, real change, he would not have thrown his pastor over. He woulda stood with moral courage, just as Bill Clinton failed to make a stand for Lani Davis, showed no moral courage, so did Obama make the same mistake.

              Message 6 of 30 , Apr 30, 2008
                Dottie, you wrote:

                "One has to have and take initiative to accomplish their tasks.
                Hillary, as a woman, is judged for this."

                My concern about Hillary's powerthirst has nothing to do with her
                gender. I would have said exactly the same thing if she was a man. If
                others are judging Hillary on the basis of her gender, that's
                completely beside the point.

                Jeremiah Wright has the spotlight today, and it looks like he's
                behaving like an ass. And hearing Obama's reaction, it seems Wright is
                indeed acting like an ass. (I'm not talking about his views and
                opinions specifically, but his play for the media.)

                Message 7 of 30 , Apr 30, 2008
                  Well, I think its genious of the angelic world to have this spotlight today with Reverent Wright. That's what I think. He's clearly highlighting the huge rift within the fabric of America that looks like its not getting any better. He's outing Ahriman in my view. He's using his time wisely. He's not doing this for himself rather he is speaking as a whole what is living within the black community as a deep mistrust of white America.

                  He didn't ask to be put in that spotlight but he has now chosen not to let the opportunity that is knocking on the door to be pushed aside. I think he thought this out very deeply. I do not think it something he frivously chose to do. I think he weighed the consequences of his actions against what was not said in the suppposed 'race' speech offering by Obama. And the black communities deeper issue facing them won out. Clearly.

                  The Pastors here are all upset because in their words 'he is ruining the best chance to get a black man in the Presidency. Well screw that. It ain't about whether a black man is in office its about people with integrity to work to uplifting the whole without any back room board games going on. And one that has a backbone to deal with other issues as well. He aint no Jack Kennedy that is for sure. No matter the faults of Bobby and Jack their stance on this issue moved this country foward to where it needed to be.

                  There are strong adversarial forces here trying to keep the rich on top which requires to keep others down. Mostly it is about education. It is disgusting to see what is being produced out of poverty and no educational opportunities that take place in the inner cities. One has got to come to some understanding of something more than 'if I can do they can do it'. It's despicable Tarjei. Absolutely despicable.

                  I am riding down the streets and all I see are young black kids from the system, foster care system on the street. Disgusting. Dispicable. And we're over in other countries trying to 'set them straight' when in our own backyard we can not spend decent money on education to change the status of the inner cities around? Disgusting. Billions of dollars on a war and no hospitals in the inner cities worth the paper their written on? Disgusting. While we're out their chasing to do 'God's work' in other countries we fail to see what we can be doing here at home, in this country.

                  Obama had a clear opportunity to bridge and soothe Rev. Wright's soul and those of others. But he chose to cut and run. Not surprised. And now you watch the people of color having to settle for less because 'he just couldn't say the truth without getting elected'. Well *&%^$# that.

                  Hillary has kept her self small in the Senate. She's kept her nose to the grindstone and has garnered the respect of the Republicans and the Democrats for not showboating herself all over the place. She has worked real hard. She has clearly crossed the aisle to finding real working compromises that many on the left don't like, well so what. She's finding the balance and I can appreciate that. When you say 'powerthirst' I just don't understand what you are speaking of. She has since a child wanted to be of service. It has taken the political route. She married a man who had similar longings as she. And together they climbed the ladder of their longings to make a difference, to have a life that has some meaning, has something they have chosen to offer the world out of their own strivings and thinkings and feelings. And they're both really really smart. I mean it wasn't given to them and if anything they had to fight like hell to keep moving into the arena
                  of service. And they are regular everyday people who do care about those that others have written off in a very big way.

                  My 2cents,

                  > "One has to have and take initiative to accomplish
                  > their tasks.
                  > Hillary, as a woman, is judged for this."
                  >
                  > My concern about Hillary's powerthirst has nothing to
                  > do with her
                  > gender. I would have said exactly the same thing if she was
                  > a man. If
                  > others are judging Hillary on the basis of her gender,
                  > that's
                  > completely beside the point.
                  >
                  > Jeremiah Wright has the spotlight today, and it looks like
                  > he's
                  > behaving like an ass. And hearing Obama's reaction, it
                  > seems Wright is
                  > indeed acting like an ass. (I'm not talking about his
                  > views and
                  > opinions specifically, but his play for the media.)
                  >
                  > Tarjei

                  > (Yahoo! ID required)
                  >
                  > mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  Be a better friend, newshound, and
                  Message 8 of 30 , Apr 30, 2008
                    Well, if Rev. Wright hadn't basically called Hillary a spoiled racist
                    bitch, I would have recommended for you to suggest a Hillary-Jeremiah
                    ticket. Now wouldn't that be a sight :)

                    Message 9 of 30 , Apr 30, 2008
                      Well, he's welcome to his opinion of her and I still can deeply appreciate what he is saying: the messenger is not always going to be perfect, as he is just a human being striving however.

                      I have said many times if Obama's wife was running she'd have my vote. That's moral courage walking straight at ya.

                      :)

                      Message 10 of 30 , May 1, 2008
                        I think this article addresses what my thoughts are on regarding what Reverend Wright is trying to get across in his best way that he can personally. We never know who will be the messenger but the message must still come forth at its given time.

                        There is a great mistrust within the black community and rightfully so. I do wish that Obama cared more about building the bridges between what Reverend Wright and a large portion of the black community believe instead of running for President. That position, if he had taken it, would have gotten my vote. I have to remember that he too is being challenged to see what stand he will take for the ongoing evolution of our consciousness.

                        http://www.latimes.com/news/columnists/la-oe-brooks1-2008may01,1,7050453.column

                        All good things,

                        Be a better friend, newshound, and
                        Message 11 of 30 , May 1, 2008
                          Dottie, you shared:
                          http://www.latimes.com/news/columnists/la-oe-brooks1-2008may01,1,7050453.column

                          This is the interesting part:

                          "With a campaign message emphasizing unity and hope, the last thing
                          Obama needs is his former pastor running around espousing views most
                          other Americans find offensive and deluded, such as the conviction
                          that the U.S. government started the HIV/AIDS epidemic, or the
                          suggestion that U.S. foreign policy is little different from terrorism."

                          What's interesting is that they keep throwing two particular
                          statements, or claims, into one and the same basket. This is being
                          done repeatedly in all the media, as if they're trying to ridicule the
                          last statement by gluing it together with the first. Of course there
                          may be conspiracists among us who think of HIV/AIDS as a CIA plot
                          against Afro-Americans -- the Farakhanian anthro-babblers who blame
                          all such things on Jews -- but for the purpose of informed reasoning
                          and common sense, the first statement is false while the second is
                          absolutely true: US foreign policy is indeed state terrorism par
                          excellance. It is not experienced as such by the Europeans, nor by
                          China or India or Japan or even Russia, because these are the allies
                          seated around the table of the rich and the powerful. But for other
                          parts of the world, Latin America and the Middle East in particular,
                          the US has always played the role of a bully and a terrorist. John
                          Perkin's book "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" will testify to
                          that, plus analyses by Robert Fisk and Noam Chomsky and many many others."

                          So this is a good way to ridicule any such critique of American
                          politics and history, by lumping it together with the idea that
                          HIV/AIDS was intentionally let loose by the US govt on its own people,
                          (as if the privileged rich should somehow be immune from catching the
                          virus).

                          Well, I'm not going to add any more political comments what the
                          election campaign is concerned. I like Barack, and Michele too btw, I
                          don't like Hillary. I used to kind of like Bill, but I don't like her.
                          Their politics are so similar that all it boils down to is who do you
                          like or not like, end of story.

                          Cheers,

                          Tarjei
                        • robin wolfe
                          Message 12 of 30 , May 1, 2008
                            Dear Tarjei,

                            I am really glad Wright is around to squawk as much as he can and I hope people actually hear him.

                            I was working on the floor below where they isolated the Aids virus in 1984 at the National Cancer Institute. I walked through the labs on the sixth floor where they had the hoods for the culture medium they where growing the virus in.

                            I am not black, however I have certainly experienced racial prejudice myself. The issue for the study you are referring to was feeding on ignorance. Education is a great divider. Sure it is more difficult for someone who does not have alot of money to get educuation, but properly motivated one can learn and do anything. I certainly didn't have familial support to go to college, but I did anyhow.

                            I don't like Hillary either. I do like Obama, but I am afraid he won't win against Hillary. If she gets in I fear for this country in a big way.

                            Blessings,

                            Robin

                            Message 13 of 30 , May 2, 2008
                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, robin wolfe
                              <rwsherbs@...> wrote:

                              > Dear Tarjei,
                              >
                              > I am really glad Wright is around to squawk as much as he can and I
                              hope people actually hear him.

                              I agree, especially in the face of all the insiduous propaganda that
                              sneaks into every conceivable kind of sentimental humanitarianism.
                              There's this talk show we get with ex-Marine Montel Williams, and he's
                              got all these very nice women on his show, who are writing sweet
                              letters to the troops to support them. And this type of stuff is very
                              comforting and meaningful to those soldiers who are in mortal danger
                              all the time, we all know that. And they keep saying it's not a
                              political statement, only support, being supportive.

                              This is such a lie, because the political statement is being made very
                              explicitly. The letters are thank you letters. It's thank you for
                              keeping us safe, thank you for making sure we have our freedom at
                              home, and even thank you for making sure we are a united country!

                              Isn't that political? It's about oil, so the thank you could have been
                              say, thank you for trying, unsuccessfully so far, to keep the prices
                              down at the pump, at an astronomical cost to us taxpayers, an
                              unbelievable waste of lives, and untold suffering. But it has nothing
                              whatsoever to do with national security or terrorism or keeping
                              freedom or keeping the country united! They were saying the same thing
                              about Vietnam! Has anybody in America lost their freedom or become
                              less safe because the Vietnam war was lost? Is the US a less united
                              country because of that?

                              And this is the type of propaganda that's most common, when they say
                              it's not about politics but about supporting the troops, when it's so
                              humanitarian and loving and all that. But the best way to support the
                              troops is to take them out of their uniforms immediately and leave the
                              control of the Middle East to the people who live there. If they stop
                              messing with the Arabs, the most fanatical among them will stop
                              messing with the West.

                              Message 14 of 30 , May 3, 2008
                                I wrote:

                                > This is such a lie, because the political statement is being made very
                                > explicitly. The letters are thank you letters. It's thank you for
                                > keeping us safe, thank you for making sure we have our freedom at
                                > home, and even thank you for making sure we are a united country!
                                >
                                > Isn't that political? It's about oil, so the thank you could have been
                                > say, thank you for trying, unsuccessfully so far, to keep the prices
                                > down at the pump, at an astronomical cost to us taxpayers, an
                                > unbelievable waste of lives, and untold suffering. But it has nothing
                                > whatsoever to do with national security or terrorism or keeping
                                > freedom or keeping the country united! They were saying the same thing
                                > about Vietnam! Has anybody in America lost their freedom or become
                                > less safe because the Vietnam war was lost? Is the US a less united
                                > country because of that?

                                http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/america.html

                                America you don're really want to go to war.
                                America it's them bad Russians.
                                Them Russians them Russians and them Chinamen. And them Russians.
                                The Russia wants to eat us alive. The Russia's power mad. She wants to take
                                our cars from out our garages.
                                Her wants to grab Chicago. Her needs a Red Reader's Digest. her wants our
                                auto plants in Siberia. Him big bureaucracy running our fillingstations.

                                (From "Anerica" by Allen Ginsberg)