Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Economic Sphere

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
      And now we can see how Charlemagne figures into this all as the King of the Francs, the crowns bestowed upon the Kings, so who is King 'Charles VII really, crowned by Jeanne, and then the looking upon the French Revolution.

      If we look at the dates of King Charles VII's birth and death we see a direct connection to the Magdalene and Sophia.

      Born: Feb. 22, 1403
      Crowned: July 17, 1429
      Died: July 22, 1461

      All good things,
      Dottie

      dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:
      Hey Friends,

      I've found a small reference regarding Rudolf Steiner's 'Threefold Social Order' and the French Revolution. This got me to thinking about...well actually I had been thinking of these things on the same day, about the healing of the economic sphere. And then when checking up on this over at wiki I find a reference to the divine rights of Kings and then also to Gilgamesh, who was considered the first King of Kings. Now that's kinda interesting to me.

      And when we look at how Jeanne d'Arc saved the King and France from England's control we find also how the French Revolution overthrew the Catholic Church as leader of the state and therefore its hold on the rights and money spheres. So now I can have a connection between the ongoing biographies of Jeanne d'Arc and Rudolf Steiner. I kept wondering how this Grail Bearer is connected to Rudolf Steiner. I was wondering how St. Odilie had a connection to Rudolf Steiner. And it seems to me they are never on the earth at the same time! They kinda finish each other's work or rather maybe it can be said that they advance the goals of the cosmic beings towards mans ongoing evolution.

      So to the idea of healing the economic sphere. Well it occurs to me that we can see the transformation of how our inner souls look when we look at what buildings we keep creating that speak of a worst state of fallen money then has ever occurred before. Our buildings bespeak of the further degredation of our souls as a whole. No matter that we are doing well etc. no, our souls can be seen in the buildings and in the things we participate that require us to have some sort of transaction in the economic sphere. Even in our books and pages we can see where man is trying to short change nobility by using nature in such a way that does not ennoble nature but denigrates it.

      What to do, what to do....is the question I think? How do we really turn this boat around, this boat of our souls, not only as individuals but also as a collective? We have pieces here and pieces there but not a cohesive plan to do this. I think there is one Anthroposophist, if he is one, who can pull this together as a leader. I think Orland Bishop can do this. I've only spoken to him once, and briefly at that, but there is something about this man that can encourage the world to move our moral imagination into action.

      Ahriman is using Lucifer. This is what we can expect as more and more people experience Christ in the etheric. I have just experienced Ahriman playing chess, switching back and forth trying to figure out what the best way was to fool a person. I observed this personally. And he can use whatever image there is to his advantage to where the human being, if he has not taken himself, his antipathies and sympathies in hand, succumbs to confusion. The exercises in Rudolf Steiner's work are so very very important if we are to play this game with him. We play but are not aware mostly, but we are definitely playing it, unconsciously or not. The exercises strengthen our resolve to withstand the challenge. It is a very serious matter on all counts.

      All good things,
      Dottie

      p.s. We catch the attention of Ahriman at some point while walking this path of spiritual science. If we are humble, not martyrdom humble or pollyanna humble, but humbled by life and our own failures and love of Christ, we can withstand him. It is our task to withstand him. Our work with the 8 fold path (Larynx) strengthens our ability to meet him with the Christ love that surrounds this earth as its aura.

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
        Hi Sandor,

        The Eight Fold path is something found in Rudolf Steiner's Guidance in Esoteric Training book. This Eight Fold path is directly related to the work on the larnyx for the future. However it so helps us today in working with our fellow man and on our antipathies and sypmathies directly. For me it is a very big work for the Manichean students living in our time. I was putting the weekly portions up here recently before I became pretty ill. Maybe I shall begin again. I know for me they really helped me to work on developing my being living in this physical world with all the trials and tribulations that are wont to come.

        In relations to building and money it seems to me that Ahriman uses this sphere to help greed set in upon man. He is the part of the Mystery of Golgotha that was not healed, or so relates Rudolf Steiner. I do not know this for myself, however I am gaining a feel for this as I encounter Ahriman in life. As I contemplate Ahriman in the money sphere I can see how when man looks around him he has nothing to inspire him onward and upward as in the old days. The hold Ahriman has on us over money is seen everywhere. And he uses this greed, and not necessarily always through greed, to keep more money for ourselves and less for the world. So when we hoard for ourselves we end up giving very little to anyone else. And the buildings are a direct view of what has become when we try to hoard money and use nature to make money so we can keep more of it.

        The idea that man does not live by bread alone is really interesting when we further wonder what needs to be healed and how we do it in right relationship. It's not about martyrdom rather about meeting the challenge of Ahriman in the money sphere.

        All good things,
        Dottie

        Albert Sándor <montek@...> wrote:
        Would listening to uplifting music and singing, reading/hearing spiritual books certify for "the work on the 8 fold path ?"

        What is this, anyway ... I guess it is in one of Steiner's books, one I did not study yet.

        PS. I find your assertion of inner being and architecture quite interesting. I am just about to understand organic architecture (I am an architect). The same thing what happens with spiritual books ... as I re-read them from time to time, the more meaning and livelyness I find in them.

        With respect and love

        Sándor Albert
        Romania

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
            <dottie_z@...> wrote:

            > Hey Friends,
            >
            > I've found a small reference regarding Rudolf Steiner's 'Threefold
            Social Order' and the French Revolution. This got me to thinking
            about...well actually I had been thinking of these things on the same
            day, about the healing of the economic sphere.

            Although the topic itself is complicated like all topics involving
            Steiner's ideas, the basic principle involved here is quite simple:

            From the French Revolution came the slogan "Liberté, égalité,
            fraternité" -- Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity. And according to
            Rudolf Steiner's threefold social order, the spiritual-cultural sphere
            (including education, scientific research, religion, arts, music,
            theater etc.) should be characterized by Liberty, the rights sphere
            (the courts, the law, human and civil rights) should be characterized
            by Equality, and the economic sphere should be characterized by
            Fraternity.

            It's easy to see that the mix-up and confusion of these spheres has
            contributed to unhealthy social forms. Communism endeavored to impose
            **equality** on economics, capitalism has made the idea of **liberty**
            govern economics. After the fall of Communism and the rise of
            globalization, these economics of liberty have led to what the Italian
            economist, journalist and author Loretta Napoleoni calls "rogue
            economics" in her latest book: "Rogue Economics: Capitalism's New
            Reality":

            http://tinyurl.com/3ddjvg

            LORETTA NAPOLEONI: Rogue economics is a sort of umbrella under which
            we find the criminal economy, the illegal economy, but also those gray
            areas, gray areas where there is not a proper regulation, where there
            is not legislation for the economy. Now, these gray areas in this
            particular crisis are being created by globalization. Now, this
            happens generally when there are great transformations. We have seen
            it during the Industrial Revolution, but we also have seen it during
            the crisis in 1929. The economy suddenly starts moving faster than
            politics, and politics can't manage to keep pace with it, so it can't
            manage to regulate the economy. So, the current crisis is the product
            of the 1990s, of the easy money, cheap credit of the 1990s.

            LORETTA NAPOLEONI: Yes, of course, the US economy it is a rogue
            economy. All Western economies at the moment are rogue economies, for
            the simple reason that politics has lost control of the economy.