Response to Rick re The Father

  • golden3000997@cs.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
      Rick wrote:

      > Steiner made mention that Jehovah was called the "Father" not because he is
      God the Father as you point out but because when we descend back to earth for
      each incarnation we pass through the elliptical sphere of the moon; the
      sphere of Jehovah. He gives us physical form, the forces that build our
      physical/mineral bodies and is perceived in a sense as our Father.

      Yes, but not by Christ. Christ did not refer to Jehovah as "my Father".
    • Tarjei Straume
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
        At 15:29 30.11.2003, Christine wrote:

        >Yes, but not by Christ. Christ did not refer to Jehovah as "my Father".

        "Again there was a period of quiet study and concrete examination of
        Anthroposophy before I saw Dr. Steiner in Stuttgart on my return from a
        journey to Switzerland. What stands out in my memory is a conversation
        about the Gospel of St. John. I said something to the effect that the
        revelational character of this Gospel semed to me to be strongly indicated
        by the fact that in the passages on death spoken by Christ before His
        Departure, the word "Father" occurs where one would have expected the word
        "Death". Rudolf Steiner looked at me with interest. "So you have discovered
        that? I had to travel a much longer occult path before I discovered it. Of
        course one sees it then from a rather different point of view. But it is
        certainly possible also to get at such truths purely by the path of religion."

        - Friedrich Rittelmeyer, "Rudolf Steiner Enters My Life".

        Tarjei
        http://uncletaz.com/
      • golden3000997@cs.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
          OK, but what does this have to do with the Jehovah/ Father question per se? I
          still don't know of any place where he actually uses the Name Jehovah (YHWH,
          etc) or even Adoni, but then again, I'm not sure of the original Aramaic.

          > in the passages on death spoken by Christ ***** before His Departure,****
          (which Departure, the Ascension?) the word "Father" occurs where one would
          have expected the word "Death"<

          And the whole passage that you have shared, while beautiful, leaves a lot to
          interpretation. They are discussing very specific words of Christ and I can
          think of a couple of possible meanings. It seems like more of an illustration of
          the fact that there is more than one way to access the Gospels, rather than a
          specific explanation of Bible text.

          I find the expression in the Noli Mi Tangere "do not touch me for I am not
          yet ASCENDED to my FATHER" to be particularly mysterious. "Ascended to my
          Father" to equal the drawing up of atomic matter into the Christ Archetype is what I
          understand it to mean, but the actual use of those words is still a
          puzzlement to me.

          Anything more specific after that particular passage? : )
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
            I am reading a book called Genesis Meditations and it
            is by Neil Douglas Klotz. He also wrote The Hidden
            Gospel where he translated the Aramaic into English.
            It must be one of my most favorite books. This
            particular book looks at the three relgions of the
            middle east and their translations of Hebrew and
            Aramaic.

            Anyway, Klotz quotes Jesus as using the term Alaha and
            more specifically translates 'malkuta d'Alaha as
            usually translated as "Kingdom of God'. However the
            term is feminine gendered and technically shall be
            called Queendom of God. In relating this term 'Alaha',
            he states that " Alaha was not a god sitting somewhere
            above one in a private heavenly penthouse, but rather,
            as the word states, Divine Unity, the Being that
            included all beings and without which nothing would
            exist. And these are direct interpretations of the
            Aramaic language regarding Jesus' words in the
            Gospels.

            He speaks of the Elohim as the One and Many. I will
            have to find how he calls the other gods as I read
            through.

            All good things,
            dottie

            --- golden3000997@... wrote:
            > OK, but what does this have to do with the Jehovah/
            > Father question per se? I
            > still don't know of any place where he actually uses
            > the Name Jehovah (YHWH,
            > etc) or even Adoni, but then again, I'm not sure of
            > the original Aramaic.

            Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
            http://companion.yahoo.com/
          • Tarjei Straume
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 30, 2003
              At 02:22 01.12.2003, Christine wrote:

              >And the whole passage that you have shared, while beautiful, leaves a lot
              >to interpretation.

              Please share.

              >Anything more specific after that particular passage? : )

              I don't remember RS being more specific about it.

              Tarjei
              http://uncletaz.com/
            • Richard Distasi
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
                You are right Christine. What was meant, and I should have been more explicit, was that the Hebrew people spoke of Jehovah as the "Father". When Christ spoke of the Father He spoke of God the Father as well as the Ego; "the Father and I are one."

                rick distasi

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003

                  THE FATHER:

                  Throughout the course of my readings of Steiner's lectures I have often come across different renderings of the term ‘Father’.

                  He has used it in referring to:

                  1)The Father Being of the Holy Trinity.

                  2) The Ground and Foundation of the realm of Matter.

                  3) The Father can also be a reference to one's own Ego. During His healing miracles and "raising of the dead" Christ said at times that they were done for the Glory of the Father or in other words the Initiation of the Ego. "I and the Father are One" is a reference to the connection between Christ and the human Ego.

                  4)Jehovah is referred to as the Father of our physical body; when we pass through the Moon sphere for our next incarnation we pass through the sphere of Jehovah to receive our new born physical body.

                  5) The Father is also a reference to Cosmic Space. Also, Steiner refers to the entire spiritual hierarchies as the Father; "I and the Father are One"; once again said by Christ.

                  6)The term Father is also applied to those who have achieved the attainment of the seventh level of Initiation. The fifth level is referred to as one with the people, i.e. Israelite, Persian etc. The sixth level is referred to as a Sun Initiate or Sun-Hero.

                  7) The Father is a term that is applied to the aspect of Death. This will be presented and explained more fully later from Steiner’s lectures.

                  rick distasi