Fercher von Steinwand and Mani

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2008
      Research question to all:

      Does anyone have any info about a possible
      connection between the Austrian poet Fercher
      von Steinwand and the Spirit who was Mani?
      There may be some info in an article in *Der
      Europaeer*, Vol. 6, Num. 6: "Lenker der
      weissen Loge der Deutschen" by Andreas Bracher.
      I don't have the text, and I could hardly
      read it anyway; it's auf deutsch.

      Robert Mason

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 19, 2008
        To All:

        I have posted photos of four book pages that
        are relevant to this question:
        <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7RxYFiCKki843B6eZWWkqKdPtYg1WfwemQPX6o_To42aIdCE6aMu2jITnF6TmcmKGII3f5w7ujHGmlBxIFtHS7uHxzSWEuad9d_qN/P2120030%5B1%5D.JPG>
        <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7R7QCYXKki843-qCfNTTe0aUsOafozdOcRzi58IXFJ3O3jyRpR0qoTMY38xIzH_V_a_wAseVb7nm-YQBqwvzPrrX8mCYqG4Jyz8Bs/P2120031%5B1%5D.JPG>
        <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7R_mNPgOki843nzaUWotiJGULmqcrlBv2--P5cdaanC8ipfAbLBBz6Vr0k3i4pr2XYS2SAvYada0OgdKYGmvuwr_9JFrnVpnd_h7G/P2120032%5B1%5D.JPG>
        <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7Rxgk0Ziki843CDY2lsuGimKG3d4riI7g_JPpruUJa2WNkiYci8_O4Yz7aA29D5AxAZIu0aY_DiUxUj9amXK50lIVIGJ20kV2_t94/P2120033%5B1%5D.JPG>
        (Unhappily, I don't know the title or author
        of this book.

        The first photo especially is dark and blurry,
        but the others are not quite so bad. I guess
        the legibility depends a lot on the quality of
        one's visual display. Perhaps some pixel-
        people here might do some light-blasting or
        something to make the text more readable. But
        it is in German.

        There's info in there somewhere, for whoever
        can dig it out.

        Robert Mason

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • Robert Mason
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 20, 2008
          OK, these URLs for those photos should work for
          everyone:

          <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage1.jpg>
          <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage2.jpg>
          <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage3.jpg>
          <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage4.jpg>

          They're from the book "Fercher von Steinwand, Fackeltraeger
          des Geistes" by Friedrich Zauner, Verlag am Goetheanum.

          RM

          Be a better friend, newshound, and
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 20, 2008
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason wrote:

            > To All:
            >
            > I have posted photos of four book pages that
            > are relevant to this question:

            Hi, Robert! Could you please clarify the question?
            I saw the new images you sent. Thank you.

            Jennifer

            <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage1.jpg>
            <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage2.jpg>
            <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage3.jpg>
            <http://www.geocities.com/robertsmason_99/fercherpage4.jpg>

            > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-
            7RxYFiCKki843B6eZWWkqKdPtYg1WfwemQPX6o_To42aIdCE6aMu2jITnF6TmcmKGII3f5
            w7ujHGmlBxIFtHS7uHxzSWEuad9d_qN/P2120030%5B1%5D.JPG>
            > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7R7QCYXKki843-
            qCfNTTe0aUsOafozdOcRzi58IXFJ3O3jyRpR0qoTMY38xIzH_V_a_wAseVb7nm-
            YQBqwvzPrrX8mCYqG4Jyz8Bs/P2120031%5B1%5D.JPG>
            > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-7R_mNPgOki843nzaUWotiJGULmqcrlBv2--
            P5cdaanC8ipfAbLBBz6Vr0k3i4pr2XYS2SAvYada0OgdKYGmvuwr_9JFrnVpnd_h7G/P21
            20032%5B1%5D.JPG>
            > <http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/cF-
            7Rxgk0Ziki843CDY2lsuGimKG3d4riI7g_JPpruUJa2WNkiYci8_O4Yz7aA29D5AxAZIu0
            aY_DiUxUj9amXK50lIVIGJ20kV2_t94/P2120033%5B1%5D.JPG>
            > (Unhappily, I don't know the title or author
            > of this book.
            >
            > The first photo especially is dark and blurry,
            > but the others are not quite so bad. I guess
            > the legibility depends a lot on the quality of
            > one's visual display. Perhaps some pixel-
            > people here might do some light-blasting or
            > something to make the text more readable. But
            > it is in German.
            >
            > There's info in there somewhere, for whoever
            > can dig it out.
            >
            > Robert Mason
          • Robert Mason
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 21, 2008
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
              <write3chairs@...> wrote:
              > Hi, Robert! Could you please clarify the question?

              To Jennifer:

              My original question was just asking for general
              information:

              I had seen some e-talk that Fercher may have been
              a reincarnaion of Mani, and that RS called upon his
              spirit when the proto-Nazis threated Steiner physically.

              RM
            • Robert Mason
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2008
                To All:

                I still haven't found any information that
                directly connects Fercher with Mani, but I have
                found some statements that RS made about
                Fercher. For instance:

                (*Riddle of Man*: "Pictures from the Thought-
                Life of Austria") "I learned to know him
                [Fercher] at the end of the 1880's in Vienna
                and for a short time associated with him
                personally."

                (*The Story of My Life*: "Chapter: VII") "I
                consider the fact that I came to know Fercher
                von Steinwand as one of the most important
                events of my youth; for his personality acted
                like that of a sage who reveals his wisdom in
                genuine poetry. . . . in the play of
                countenance, in every gesture of Fercher, I saw
                the essence of a soul which could only have
                been formed in the time from the beginning of
                the Christian evolution, while Greek paganism
                was still influencing this evolution."

                It is evident that Steiner considered Fercher
                to be a very significant spirit: meeting him
                was "one of the most important events of my
                youth"; I would assume that RS did not make
                that statement lightly. And what RS says about
                Fercher's previous incarnation is consistent
                with the place and time of Mani's life.
                Probably Steiner knew more than he was saying
                explicitly here -- only hinting at something
                very important?

                Elsewhere Steiner said something solemn and
                momentous in connection with Fercher:
                (*Mysteries of Light*: "Lecture III") ”I once
                read aloud here from this same platform a
                thesis of Fercher von Steinwand, that German-
                Austrian poet, who in the sixth decade of the
                19th century expressed his opinion about the
                future of the German people. The lecture is
                noteworthy because it was given before the
                ruling King of Saxony and his ministers. In
                this sixth decade — those who were there at the
                time heard it — Fercher von Steinwand said that
                his German people is predestined some time in
                the future to play a role somewhat like that
                which the Gypsies were playing then. It was a
                deep glimpse into the evolution of humanity
                which Fercher van Steinwand had."

                Apparently RS was endorsing Fercher's prophecy.
                And Steiner was really "hitting on all
                cylinders" at the time; he had a clear view of
                the future. In the same lecture he made this
                grave prophecy: "Let the kind of teaching that
                prevails in our universities continue for
                another three decades, let social questions be
                treated as they are now for thirty years more,
                and you will have a devastated Europe." He
                said this in December, 1919; of course the
                prophecy was fulfilled in less than thirty
                years.

                And Fercher was not the only one to make this
                prophecy. Bondarev wrote (in *The Crisis of
                Civilisation*): "Rudolf Steiner warned that
                the situation might come where the Germans are
                driven out of their native land and scattered
                over the entire earth. If we understand the
                dark spirit that rules in our time, we can say
                that the realization of this plan is already
                conceivable. It is enough to activate the
                radical Right-wing parties in Germany a little
                and unleash a corresponding campaign in the
                world-press - and under general expressions of
                approval the Morgenthau-Plan will be realized,
                or the Germans will be scattered over the other
                lands and continents.* {*There is a statement
                by Goethe to Wilhelm Riemer, the teacher of his
                son August, containing the following: "Who
                knows - destiny will beat them (the Germans)
                because they betrayed themselves and did not
                want to be what they are. It will scatter them
                over the earth like the Jews. - And rightly so!
                For the best of them live in exile and only in
                exile, in dispersion, will they develop the
                wealth of good that lies within them, for the
                benefit of the nation, and be the salt of the
                earth!" And Trithemius of Sponheim writes in
                *De septum mundum regnatibus Archangelis*: "The
                descendants of Lohengrin ... will be numbed and
                destroyed ... The Germans, scattered throughout
                the world like gypsies, will have to muster all
                their strength to retain culture for the earth
                as pupils of Michael ..." (translation from the
                Latin by Karl Luttenberg, 1943; Publisher's
                Note).}"

                I once mentioned this prophecy to a German
                Anthroposophist, and he replied that the
                Germans are already scattered like Gypsies. I
                think he was probably referring to the massive
                emigration of Germans to places such as the USA
                in the past few centuries. But I don't think
                that this emigration was the scattering
                that Fercher, Steiner, Goethe, and Trithemius
                were predicting. For one thing, that
                emigration was already well underway when
                Fercher spoke and practically completed when
                Steiner spoke; for another, it was not
                emptying Germany of Germans; and for another;
                the German descendants in the USA have not
                remained Germans as the Gypsies have remained
                Gypsies.

                It seems that this "scattering" still lies in
                the future. Germany has already been crushed
                and made powerless; she is effectively ruled by
                her enemies, and her people have mostly been
                "re-educated". The best products of her spirit
                (Goetheanism and Anthroposophy) have not
                reached fruition in the wider society, and are
                struggling even to survive. The hatred of the
                true German spirit is still such that her
                enemies on Earth (e.g. some that we know on the
                English-speaking Internet as the "Waldorf
                Critics") are loudly and energetically
                agitating against Anthroposophy. . . . And, if
                we take Steiner's warning seriously, it is
                apparent that this hatred has yet to do its
                worst against the German people themselves:
                Mid-Europe will be emptied of Germans and the
                survivors will be scattered like Gypsies. And
                why not? Germany is almost disarmed in
                relation to the rest of the world. Even
                Pakistan now has enough nukes to turn Germany
                into a radioactive desert.

                Sad, sobering thoughts.

                Robert Mason

                Looking for last minute shopping deals?
              • lightsearcher1
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2008
                  Pretext:

                  Robert Mason <robertsmason_99@... wrote:

                  > And Fercher was not the only one to make this
                  > prophecy. Bondarev wrote (in *The Crisis of
                  > Civilisation*): "Rudolf Steiner warned that
                  > the situation might come where the Germans are
                  > driven out of their native land and scattered
                  > over the entire earth. If we understand the
                  > dark spirit that rules in our time, we can say
                  > that the realization of this plan is already
                  > conceivable. It is enough to activate the
                  > radical Right-wing parties in Germany a little
                  > and unleash a corresponding campaign in the
                  > world-press - and under general expressions of
                  > approval the Morgenthau-Plan will be realized,
                  > or the Germans will be scattered over the other
                  > lands and continents.

                  [...]

                  > I once mentioned this prophecy to a German
                  > Anthroposophist, and he replied that the
                  > Germans are already scattered like Gypsies. I
                  > think he was probably referring to the massive
                  > emigration of Germans to places such as the USA
                  > in the past few centuries. But I don't think
                  > that this emigration was the scattering
                  > that Fercher, Steiner, Goethe, and Trithemius
                  > were predicting...

                  > It seems that this "scattering" still lies in
                  > the future...

                  = = = = = = = = =

                  Post-text

                  Do not be so sure. If the Morgenthau Plan
                  was sufficient to constitute "radar screen
                  material," then the out-scattering of Europeans
                  and the resultant hollowing out of a cultural
                  region as is happening apace would certainly
                  be considered of equally momentous significance.

                  June 6, 2007
                  THE WASHINGTON TIMES

                  Europeans' Flight from Europe
                  by Paul Belien

                  Last year more than 155,000 Germans emigrated from their native
                  country.

                  Since 2004 the number of ethnic Germans who leave each year is
                  greater than the number of immigrants moving in. While the emigrants
                  are highly motivated and well educated, 'those coming in are mostly
                  poor, untrained and hardly educated,' says Stephanie Wahl of the
                  German Institute for Economics.

                  In a survey conducted in 2005 among German university students, 52
                  percent said they would rather leave their native country than remain
                  there. By 'voting with their feet,' young, educated Germans affirm
                  that Germany has no future to offer them and their children.

                  As one couple who moved to the United States told the newspaper Die
                  Welt: 'Here our children have a future in which they will not have to
                  fear unemployment and social decline.'

                  There are two main reasons why so-called 'ethno-Germans' emigrate.
                  Some complain that the tax rates in Germany are so high that it is no
                  longer worthwhile working for a living there. Others indicate they no
                  longer feel at home in a country whose cultural appearance is
                  changing dramatically.

                  The situation is similar in other countries in Western Europe.

                  Since 2003, emigration has exceeded immigration to the Netherlands.
                  In 2006, the Dutch saw more than 130,000 compatriots leave. The rise
                  in Dutch emigration peaked after the assassinations of Pim Fortuyn
                  and Theo van Gogh.

                  This indicates that the flight from Europe is related to a loss of
                  confidence in the future of nations which have taken in the Trojan
                  horse of Islamism, but which, unlike the Trojans, lack the guts to
                  fight.

                  Elsewhere in Western Europe immigration currently still surpasses
                  emigration, though emigration figures are rising fast.

                  In Belgium the number of emigrants surged by 15 percent in the past
                  years.

                  In Sweden, 50,000 people packed their bags last year -- a rise of 18
                  percent compared to the previous year and the highest number of
                  Swedes leaving since 1892. In the United Kingdom, almost 200,000
                  British citizens move out every year.

                  Americans who think that the European welfare state is the model to
                  follow would do well to ponder the question why, if Europe is so
                  wonderful, Europeans are fleeing from it. European welfare systems
                  are redistribution mechanisms, taking money from skilled and educated
                  Europeans in order to give it to nonskilled newcomers from the Third
                  World.

                  Gunnar Heinsohn, a German sociologist at the University of Bremen,
                  warns European governments that they are mistaken if they assume that
                  qualified young ethnic Europeans will stay in Europe.

                  'The really qualified are leaving,' Mr. Heinsohn says. 'The only
                  truly loyal towards France and Germany are those who are living off
                  the welfare system, because there is no other place in the world that
                  offers to pay for them...It is no wonder that young, hardworking
                  people in France and Germany choose to emigrate,' he explains.

                  'It is not just that they have to support their own aging population.
                  If we take 100 20-year-olds [in France or Germany], then the 70
                  [indigenous] Frenchmen and Germans also have to support 30 immigrants
                  of their own age and their offspring. This creates dejection in the
                  local population, particularly in France, Germany and the
                  Netherlands. So they run away.'

                  On Monday Francois Fillon, the new French prime minister, said
                  that 'Europe is not Eldorado,' emphasizing that his government
                  intends to curb immigration by those who only seek welfare benefits.

                  'Europe is hospitable, France is an immigration country and will
                  continue to be so, but it will only accept foreigners prepared to
                  integrate,' he stressed. Europe cannot afford to be 'Eldorado' for
                  foreigners any longer, because it has stopped being 'home' for
                  thousands of its own educated children, now eagerly looking for
                  opportunities to move to America, Canada, Australia or New Zealand --
                  white European nations outside Europe.

                  While the fertility rate in France is 1.9 children per woman, two out
                  of every five newborns in France are children of Arab or African
                  immigrants.

                  In Germany (fertility rate 1.37) 35 percent of all newborns have a
                  non-German background. Paradoxically, fertility rates in Turkey,
                  Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, etc., are lower than among immigrants from
                  these countries in Europe.

                  'A woman in Tunisia has on average 1.7 children. In France she has
                  six because the French government pays her to have them,' Mr.
                  Heinsohn explains.

                  'Of course, the money was never intended to benefit Tunisian women in
                  particular, but French women will not touch this money, whereas the
                  Tunisian women are only too happy to...For Danish and German women
                  the welfare benefits are too low to be attractive. Not so for the
                  immigrants. So, what we see in England, France, Germany and the
                  Netherlands are immigrant women who take low-paid jobs which they
                  supplement with public benefits. It is not a fantastic income but
                  sufficient for them,' he said.

                  Europe's welfare system is causing a perverse process of population
                  replacement. If the Europeans want to save their culture, they will
                  have to slay the welfare state.

                  = = = = = = = =

                  August 23, 2007

                  196,000 out, 574,000 in: Record numbers leaving Britain for new life
                  abroad - as immigration to UK soars

                  http://tinyurl.com/2tpphk

                  = = = = = = = = =
                • Robert Mason
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
                    To "lightsearcher":

                    Thanks for all that info. I had known that
                    there is a demographic crisis in Europe, but I
                    hadn't known that so many Germans were fleeing
                    to places such as the US. I had recently heard
                    that some German home-schoolers were fleeing to
                    the UK; an unlikely refuge, perhaps. But the
                    US seems to be going the same way that Western
                    Europe is going, and we may even get there
                    before they do, wherever "there" may be. In
                    recent months I've been hearing that the "smart
                    money" is getting out of the US.

                    But I'mnot sure I get what you meant by
                    *radar screen material*; could you clarify?

                    Robert Mason

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs