Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: You are the Toaster

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 28, 2008
      Well Carol,

      Interesting that you assume so much about me, and that you choose to further you own line of thinking instead of trying to meet me half way. Or at least trying to consider what might have brought about the poem that I wrote (The sea of Love). You think that I don't know "negativity"? I'm reading your posts, and it takes one to know one wouldn't you say?

      No doubt that we need to pay attention to the forces of stupidity (evil). But I just think and feel that the overload of of steinerific Horor is just a little out of balance here and so I take to the more positive side at the moment. And yes we couldn't have one without the other. So you choose to accentuate caution for the overly lucerfiric/ ahrimanic ideal. Good. Right now I feel obligated to think about Love. Love as resonance; Like being in tune. And no not like a fluffy lucerfiric new agey weirdo. More like someone that has had his ass burned in the fires of hell, so now he's got a great wealth of contrast so as to gage from.

      The basis of this universe is well-being. Steiner corroborated this in his description of God as "unalloyed Love". You seem to like to pay attention to the thralls of wisdom and might. And Bradford dips his pen in the ink of love on occasion, but his overactive imagination sometimes scrawls all over the inscriptions. But you both flounder IMO, and at the same time show some great insight. Same with me and most everybody I think. Is there an end to learning and growing? do you know all that there is to know Carol? Bradford?

      You wrote: "where one learns to accept the risks and perils because Christic humility AND SACRIFICE is
        recognized and prized".

      Nicely said. I think there is a general misconstrued idea of "sacrifice" swimming around in the group-think that usually involves very unhappy goats. But  I believe that "sacrifice" is giving up something of a lower ideal or vibration, for something better. From a thinking perspective, we throw our most cherished concepts into the fire, and wait for what always comes back What comes back for me is Love that knows no bounds. So that's what I talk about these days.

      You didn't mention anything about "Reverence" Carol! That seems to me to be a major ingredient for initiation form a steinerific perspective. Why so vague in that area?

      Warm regards

      Mike Helsher
      http://www.michaelhelsher.lifesuccessconsultants.com/
      http://www.thewealthguardian.com/

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2008
        Mike:"You didn't mention anything about "Reverence" Carol! That seems to
        me to be a major ingredient for initiation form a steinerific
        perspective. Why so vague in that area?"

        Mike, I thought Christic humility and sacrifice incorporate it.

        Mike: "to consider what might have brought about the poem that I wrote
        (The sea of Love)."

        You want me to comment on YOUR poem, so intimate to your inner
        experience?

        Well, Mike. I don't know, I don't know if that's 'proper'.

        Alright.

        I'm guessing that you are recounting your journey through adulthood.
        How into your 30s you finally get 'sardined' within the mechanisms of
        outward 'society'. And then you hit 40 + (?), and you are finally
        'allowed' to free yourself of being fully engaged in the mechanisms of
        outward society which had managed to this point, to 'consume' all of
        your spirit energy while supplying you no inner nourishment (perhaps
        conditions of your life offered no room for this) yet offered much
        'angst' nourishment for your inner soul.

        It was at this (approx) age, that nature allowed you enough inward
        justification to take hold of what 'the 30s years' had dissallowed of
        you. 'A last drop' of the (former) sea of Love; your childhood; your
        fountain of youth; your youthful, romantic idealism which Spirit imbues
        to all, but which the demands of outward 'reality' manage to effectively
        rob.

        It seems to me that the 'Love' of your poem is Spirit Life. And that
        you've caught, in the knick of time, so it would seem, and from the
        corner of your eye, the promise of Spirit life which you once knew
        quite fully (in childhood likely and thereafter, diminishing).

        But Mike, I find in your own descriptions, that your use of the word
        'resonance' is remnant from 'the world of machine'. (This alarms me).

        To find a 'whole universe' in a 'last drop of the sea of Love' seems a
        little odd to me, to be quite honest. I would feel more comfortable if
        'in the last drop' you recognised something of an astral element- a
        living astral presence- your personal angelic being.

        It would seem to me that this would link you back to the 'sea of Love'
        which was your's before 'angst' grew with increasing intensity within
        your soul. But you know Mike, living as a man in outward society, in
        America especially, means interacting 'outwardly' and gathering a lot
        of impressions, 'a lot of goods'. I seems that you did the work of an
        extraverted 'man'.

        I guess now that you have a chance at 'Spirit Life', you'll have
        occasion to sift through your 'goods' and organize them all within your
        VERY INDIVIDUAL body of wisdom.

        (Your inner 'riches' which by the way, you may 'spend' where you will
        and wish. Hopefully you would not be so fooled as to pour it all out
        into the 8th sphere...)

        Hope this is helpful, all the best, Carol.

        ________________________________________________________________________\
        ____________
        > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Mike Helsher wrote:

          > do you know all that there is to know Carol? Bradford?

          I know tit for tat, and that's that!

          Jennifer, who you didn't ask ;)
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2008

            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "carol" wrote:

            > But Mike, I find in your own descriptions, that your use of the word
            > 'resonance' is remnant from 'the world of machine'. (This alarms me).

            confused

            Sorry to butt in but I am curious about this alarm you mention!

            Jennifer