Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: sex

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 24, 2004

      Paulina wrote:

      > This is news to me and I'e been studying RS for over thirty years. He
      > was remarkable silent on the subject of sex, so I can only assume you
      > have read something I have not. How about backing up your statement here
      > with the Steiner reference?

      I have also read this by RS but don't remember the reference. What he said
      was that love should not be confused with sexuality, and that when
      sexuality and love blended, it was a very coincidental happenstance - and
      then he said something about a train hitting something on the track or a
      similar metaphor. It would be useful if someone with better memory could
      look it up and quote it.

      Steiner also echoed Thomas Aquinas when he indicated that sex was for
      reproduction only, and that a marriage licence was no ticket to sexual
      excesses between two people. Thomas Aquinas wrote under the subject title
      "On Fornication" that every emission of semen that is not an endeavor to
      cause pregnancy, is a sin against nature. (I don't remember seeing a
      comparable reference by Aquinas to the female orgasm however, but in the
      PoF, Steiner says that the woman trades the pleasure of sexual intercourse
      with the pain of childbirth.)

      So Steiner was indeed "a prude" in at least two of his incarnations.

      Tarjei
      http://uncletaz.com/
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 58 of 58 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hello Brad, Dottie, all interested,

        Thanks for your posts on Sex, Science, Parthenogenesis, the Copies of
        Christ (etheric, astral) body, and so on in light of our sciences of
        gene manipulation today (that particular terror).

        Brad and Dottie, you speak of the need for discovery of the Grail and
        our inner connections (six degrees of separation, that we can
        discover among souls).--I agree, and yet am also concerned more and
        more about how the Grail legends are cast in European terms and
        epistemology. Europe is great. No problem. And yet Europe is not all
        there is. I've been incarnated in the Americas and wonder what is the
        equivalent (or different) way of knowing, understanding that comes
        out of the Americas (and within the Americas, of course, there is
        also great diversity...and that raises further questions for another
        day, perhaps).

        The Grail? The Cauldron? The Chalice? The Native American pot (or
        pots?). Blood? The feminine? Menstruation? (That instead of, or
        besides, war?) Blood and the Crucifixion?

        Also, the matter of generation? Through sex and sperm-egg, or through
        the lips, Word, Vulva. The Creative Word? The Matriarchal line
        (something for men and women)?

        Videotape? Ahrimanic Vulva? Ahrimanic lie?

        Lots of questions.

        I may be slow to read mail since I will be away for a few days, but
        will check in when I return.

        Be well!
        elaine