ReConnection

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
      Frank: I'm probably the only one here valuable to you with respect to
      the story...if someones gives you strokes for that effort, they'll not
      be doing you much good...you can write, e.g. the Darwin article...but
      this?...this is something that's best left unimagined...this is
      probably on a par with stuff you wrote when you were in, say, 10th grade.

      That "the Church screwed my little psyche up" has been done to death,
      eh?...on the other hand, if you want to push the "goddess" angle maybe
      a fictional appeal to sentiment is the best way...you ain't gonna get
      it out of Steiner....Gman
    • winters_diana
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2008
        gaelman:

        > Frank: I'm probably the only one here valuable to you with respect to
        > the story...

        Maybe *something* will make you finally valuable to Frank.

        >if someones gives you strokes for that effort, they'll not be doing
        >you much good...you can write, e.g. the Darwin article...but
        >this?...this is something that's best left unimagined...this is
        >probably on a par with stuff you wrote when you were in, say, 10th
        >grade.

        <cough> You forget, we've had a look at "Irlandais."
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
          <gaelman58@...> wrote:

          > Frank: I'm probably the only one here valuable to you with respect
          > the story..

          Wrong again, Gman. I don't give a fiddler's fuck about what you think
          of the story - which btw, was emminently predictable. However, your
          reaction was a great help - like when the Church condemns books and
          films like The DaVinci Code - more people go to them. In this case see
          what happens: I geat a great review from Bradford, who considers it
          luciferic and ahrimanic at the same time - can't get any better than
          that. And Dottie likes the picture - oh well.
          Thanks anyway,
          Frank
        • gaelman58
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
            <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
            > <gaelman58@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Frank: I'm probably the only one here valuable to you with respect
            > > the story..
            >
            > Wrong again, Gman. I don't give a fiddler's fuck about what you think
            > of the story - which btw, was emminently predictable. However, your
            > reaction was a great help - like when the Church condemns books and
            > films like The DaVinci Code - more people go to them. In this case see
            > what happens: I geat a great review from Bradford, who considers it
            > luciferic and ahrimanic at the same time - can't get any better than
            > that. And Dottie likes the picture - oh well.
            > Thanks anyway,
            > Frank

            "I don't give a fiddler's fuck about what you think"...sure you
            do...like every writer you think about what people have to say about
            your work...and I know you'd probably agree that the piece wasn't one
            of your best...probably that it wasn't very good.

            Have it your way if you'd like...it isn't good enough to be banned by
            anyone. What would be then?...something that hits them where they
            live...something that rocks the Rock...something with a dash of
            Aquinas, a dash of our Man's epistomolgy...maybe something about the
            ruin of a well regarded professor at a renowned Catholic university
            who finds that obvious flaw in the Catechism...make him a drunk and a
            womanizer for general readability...that stuff always helps...

            You try something like that....I guarantee, you'll get help...or
            what's a heaven for?...Gman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
              <gaelman58@...> wrote:

              > "I don't give a fiddler's fuck about what you think"...sure you
              > do...like every writer you think about what people have to say about
              > your work...and I know you'd probably agree that the piece wasn't one
              > of your best...probably that it wasn't very good.

              I misspoke. I *do* care what you think about it, cause others will
              think: Jeez, if Gaelman doesn't like it, it *must* be good.
              f.
            • winters_diana
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 4, 2008
                >Have it your way if you'd like...it isn't good enough to be banned by
                >anyone. What would be then?...something that hits them where they
                >live...something that rocks the Rock...something with a dash of
                >Aquinas, a dash of our Man's epistomolgy...

                Darn, just when we thought you'd at least got the spelling down.
              • gaelman58
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
                  <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58"
                  > <gaelman58@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > "I don't give a fiddler's fuck about what you think"...sure you
                  > > do...like every writer you think about what people have to say about
                  > > your work...and I know you'd probably agree that the piece wasn't one
                  > > of your best...probably that it wasn't very good.
                  >

                  > I misspoke. I *do* care what you think about it, cause others will
                  > think: Jeez, if Gaelman doesn't like it, it *must* be good.
                  > f.

                  Frank: But that wouldn't be good...because then only you and I will
                  "know" it isn't very good...G.