Anthroposophical Guidelines - 7

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2007
      7. We find man as an ensouled, spiritual being placed in this earthly
      and outer-earthly world. As long as he is in the earthly element,
      which contains the lifeless, he carries his physical body with him;
      when he develops the forces which insert the living from the cosmos
      into the earthly, he has an etheric or life-body. This contrast
      between the earthly and the etheric has been completely overlooked by
      modern thinking. For this reason, the most irrational views about the
      etheric have ensued. Fear of losing one's self in the fantastic has
      prevented discussion of this contrast. Without consideration of this
      contrast, however, no insight into Man and World is possible.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2011