sex

  • Mike Helsher
    Message 1 of 58 , Mar 20, 2004
      Was RS a prude?

      I remember rummaging through some the scant archives on the S98 list when I
      first joined and reading some great threads on RS's take on sex and
      sexuality.

      As a matter of fact, Frank asked me what my take on sex was when I first
      joined that list. If I remember right, I said that it was a fun feel-good
      experience that I share with my wife, but that I didn't think that it had
      much of anything to do with love.

      Funny story:

      I started a twelve step group meeting with a bunch of friends that was to
      meet on Friday nights. For a format we chose a topic meeting. We wrote down
      all kinds of wonderful topics that we thought would be good to talk about,
      and put them in a can, so that some one could choose blindly and destiny
      might be fulfilled.

      Well, a couple of years went by and the meeting was a regular stop for about
      15 people who always crowded into a Friendlys restaurant afterward.

      One night out of the topic can came "SEX" and we all looked around and
      grinned and moaned and rolled our eyes, until someone said: "Can't we just
      cheat this once and choose a different topic." We all agreed to try again in
      hope of a lighter topic, when out of the can comes "Remorse."

      By now we were all big-eyed and open-mouthed and someone said, "well we
      aren't going to get off easy tonight, and both of those topics go together
      for me."

      So there was the topic of the meeting: "Sex and remorse."

      Well, you got to remember that no one comes to a Twelve step group because
      their life is just peachy. Every one shared some deep dark sexual secrets
      and experiences that revolved around the topic. The honesty was
      gut-wrenching to say the least.

      After the meeting, every one was quite drained and we all just went straight
      home. Only one person showed up at our familiar rendezvous and she told us
      the next week that she had to eat alone.

      Truth and Love

      Mike
    • elaineupton2001
      Message 58 of 58 , Jul 1 9:40 AM
        Hello Brad, Dottie, all interested,

        Thanks for your posts on Sex, Science, Parthenogenesis, the Copies of
        Christ (etheric, astral) body, and so on in light of our sciences of
        gene manipulation today (that particular terror).

        Brad and Dottie, you speak of the need for discovery of the Grail and
        our inner connections (six degrees of separation, that we can
        discover among souls).--I agree, and yet am also concerned more and
        more about how the Grail legends are cast in European terms and
        epistemology. Europe is great. No problem. And yet Europe is not all
        there is. I've been incarnated in the Americas and wonder what is the
        equivalent (or different) way of knowing, understanding that comes
        out of the Americas (and within the Americas, of course, there is
        also great diversity...and that raises further questions for another
        day, perhaps).

        The Grail? The Cauldron? The Chalice? The Native American pot (or
        pots?). Blood? The feminine? Menstruation? (That instead of, or
        besides, war?) Blood and the Crucifixion?

        Also, the matter of generation? Through sex and sperm-egg, or through
        the lips, Word, Vulva. The Creative Word? The Matriarchal line
        (something for men and women)?

        Videotape? Ahrimanic Vulva? Ahrimanic lie?

        Lots of questions.

        I may be slow to read mail since I will be away for a few days, but
        will check in when I return.

        Be well!
        elaine