Re: German anthropop youth movement

    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "ottmar12" <ottmar12@...> wrote:

      > Yes, I agree, that they would say things like "Well since Rudolf
      > Steiner was a product of
      > his times, and he was Central European, coming from a strong Judeao-
      > Christian belief system (remember Steiner was baptized Catholic),
      > then his view of Christianity and the entire
      > Christo-centric foundation of anthroposophy is as much a product of
      > his specific time."

      Those people seem to be doing historical revisionism with regard to Rudolf Steiner's biography. Peter S has been presenting Steiner as a young atheist of all things before he was "converted" by theosophy; these people portray him as a Catholic, perhaps based upon false rumors spread by his theosophical opponents after his break with the organization.

      In the fifth lecture of "The Fifth Gospel  " (GA #148), the Good Doctor commented on these rumors:
      "You see, we already have enough enemies and they act in a quite peculiar way. I don't wish to speak of this now, perhaps you already know about it from reading the "Newssheet". You also know the strange fact that there are people who have been saying for a long time now that what I teach is infected with all kinds of dogmatic Christianity, even with Jesuitism. Especially certain followers of the so-called Adyar-Theosophy talk in the worst way about this supposed Jesuitism, as well as many more hateful, unscrupulous things. And a certain source claiming outrage at the narrow-mindedness and perversity of our teaching, then completely falsified it. A man from America learned our teaching over a period of many months, wrote it down, brought it to America in a watered down version and then published a Rosicrucian Theosophy, which he copied from us. [The reference is to Max Heindel – ed.]He says that he learned a lot from us, but that he was then called by the masters and learned more from them. He was silent about the fact that he took the more profound things from my unpublished lecture cycles. One could accept that such a thing could happen in America One could, like Hillel, remain meekly silent – even when it spreads to Europe. Those who are most enraged at us here make a translation and in the translation say: Although there is also a Rosicrucian world view in Europe, it is narrow-minded and Jesuitical, and it can only thrive in the pure air of California.

      "Well, that's enough! That is our enemies' method. We can look at these things not only calmly, but also with compassion – but we may not close our eyes to them. When such things happen, then care must be taken by those who for years indulged such people who acted without scruples. I would really prefer not to speak about such things, were it not necessary in the service of truth. One must see everything with clarity."

      ( -- Rudolf Steiner: "The Fifth Gospel  ", Christiania, Norway, October 5, 1913, GA #148)
      One little note here: I know that it says "Oslo" all over the Steiner archives online, but the truth is that there was no Oslo until 1924, only months before Steiner passed away! That's when the parliament decided, without consulting the people of the capital at all -- which makes the name-change ipso facto illegal and invalid imho -- to change the city's name, because Christiania had originally been named after King Christian IV of Denmark-Norway in 1624, so going back to the ancient Old Norse name was some sort of nationalist impulse, but it should never ever have happened because folks in this part of the country don't know how to say it, they persistently mispronounce it -- including 99  per cent of media people -- by saying "Oshloo", which is terrible and horrible. Now, to make matters even more complicated, the name of the city was changed from Christiania to Kristiania in 1878, so the Fifth Gospel lectures of 1913 were actually held in Kristiania, Norway.

      > HPB gave the
      > example, when there was a fight between Christian and Indian-oriented
      > members in the London Lodge she proposed (ordered?) that there should
      > be 2 lodges, Steiner follow the same principle: differentiation
      > instead of centralisation, in Stuttgart there were I think 4
      > lodges/Zweige at Steiner's time.

      Who needs lodges these days? For what purpose? Are there anthroposophical lodges around, like masonic lodges? Well, I'm content with the Lodge of Planetary Aunts and Uncles, where I don't need membership as long as Uncle Taz tells me everything that's going on there. (You've got to be an elf to get in there anyway.)

      The Arch-Villain in The Lodge of Planetary Aunts and Uncles

      Message 52 of 52 , Dec 10, 2007
        Hi Ottmar,

        What I wonder Ottmar is where people say things that
        are rumor or gossip without putting up the other
        persons point of view, ie. Sergei Prokofieff's, on the
        comment that he took something from Mr. Tomberg.

        Rudolf Steiner often said he was accused of just
        taking things from other streams and that this was not
        true. In fact the critics use this point exactly to
        say he 'stole' from other spiritual streams. So for me
        it's always so important to know what the person being
        accused thought of such a thing. Is it possible that
        he too had already come to this information on his own
        and then saw it in another's work and was validated
        from it? Or did he take it and not say rightly that he
        took it? It's always so crucial to have what the other
        person things on such things or what they have to say
        about it.

        I think it fair before spreading rumors. And it is
        spreading rumors in the sense that the other person
        can not defend themselves or make their notes known.
        And I don't think things happening like that are fair.
        Although I do trust they happen all the time, I know
        that as a spiritual science student I am ever learning
        how quick fire is spread and how quick I may have to
        backtrack. And so I have to think twice always and
        some times three times and sometimes I still make the
        mistake of putting someone else in a badlight from
        someone else's comments.

        You offered this up about Sergei and Mr. Tomberg and
        then someone asked Tom what he thought and he
        republished it on this list and who knows how many
        rooms this will run through.

        We did a funny experience one time in one of Dennis
        Klocek's workshops. Two people on two different sides
        of the room started out with a sentence shared only
        with them. They then told the next person and that
        person told the next person and so forth on down the
        line. Can you imagine what it ended up like at the end
        of the line? Well, let me tell you, it was so funny by
        the time it reached me I could not tell it without
        being in hysterics to the person next to me. Somehow I
        did say it to the next person with tears in my eyes
        and that person could not send it on down to the next
        person as well. It was just too funny.
        So we stop and we say what we heard and then the
        person who heard it first told us what the sentence
        was originally. It was so different we laughed for
        days on end. And that's what happens to rumors.

        All good things,

        === message truncated ===

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?