Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: German anthropop youth movement

    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 1, 2007
      You see why I love you so much Taz:)

      Taz:

      <http://lochmann-verlag.com/buecherseite%20eingang%20autoren.htm>

      [<http://www.lochmann-verlag.com/Mit%20vereinten%20Gegensaetzen%20Nr.%2027.pdf>]

      mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      Message 52 of 52 , Dec 10, 2007
        Hi Ottmar,

        What I wonder Ottmar is where people say things that
        are rumor or gossip without putting up the other
        persons point of view, ie. Sergei Prokofieff's, on the
        comment that he took something from Mr. Tomberg.

        Rudolf Steiner often said he was accused of just
        taking things from other streams and that this was not
        true. In fact the critics use this point exactly to
        say he 'stole' from other spiritual streams. So for me
        it's always so important to know what the person being
        accused thought of such a thing. Is it possible that
        he too had already come to this information on his own
        and then saw it in another's work and was validated
        from it? Or did he take it and not say rightly that he
        took it? It's always so crucial to have what the other
        person things on such things or what they have to say
        about it.

        I think it fair before spreading rumors. And it is
        spreading rumors in the sense that the other person
        can not defend themselves or make their notes known.
        And I don't think things happening like that are fair.
        Although I do trust they happen all the time, I know
        that as a spiritual science student I am ever learning
        how quick fire is spread and how quick I may have to
        backtrack. And so I have to think twice always and
        some times three times and sometimes I still make the
        mistake of putting someone else in a badlight from
        someone else's comments.

        You offered this up about Sergei and Mr. Tomberg and
        then someone asked Tom what he thought and he
        republished it on this list and who knows how many
        rooms this will run through.

        We did a funny experience one time in one of Dennis
        Klocek's workshops. Two people on two different sides
        of the room started out with a sentence shared only
        with them. They then told the next person and that
        person told the next person and so forth on down the
        line. Can you imagine what it ended up like at the end
        of the line? Well, let me tell you, it was so funny by
        the time it reached me I could not tell it without
        being in hysterics to the person next to me. Somehow I
        did say it to the next person with tears in my eyes
        and that person could not send it on down to the next
        person as well. It was just too funny.
        So we stop and we say what we heard and then the
        person who heard it first told us what the sentence
        was originally. It was so different we laughed for
        days on end. And that's what happens to rumors.

        All good things,
        Dottie
        --- ottmar12 <ottmar12@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > translated into
        > > English. In that book you find an English
        > translation of the
        > original
        > > text, which was written in the old Church-Russian
        > language. Perhaps
        > > that English and the Dutch versions are the only
        > versions published
        > in
        > > a modern western language.
        > >
        > > Some years later Prokofieff also published a book
        > where the theme of
        > > Kitesh [or Kitezh] plays an important role, but he
        > presents the idea
        > > of Kitesh as his own idea but in fact it's
        > Valentin Tomberg's idea,
        > > expressed more than 50 years earlier! That's a
        > moral and
        > intellectual
        > > no no of course, but Prokofieff trusts that his
        > readers don't know
        > > Tomberg's essays and books. And thus he
        > acknowledges that Tomberg is
        > > an occultist or esotericist who is able to find
        > something of that
        > size.
        > >
        > > (Kitesh is, Tomberg says, the mythos, the
        > spiritual essence of the
        > 6th
        > > post-Atlantian period: a whole town, like the new
        > Jerusalem is
        > lifted
        > > into heaven, just like Goethe's Faust is the
        > mythos for the 5 th
        > > period: one person struggles for knowledge and
        > liberation and
        > Oedipus
        > > for the 4 th period.)
        > >
        > > Of course Prokofieff can fascinate many people
        > with his tremendous
        > > knowledge/memory of quotations, but sometimes he
        > makes unjust use of
        > > them, turns and twists them until they fit into
        > his ideas. Herbert
        > > Wimbauer, an interesting author and lecturer wrote
        > a book about it
        > >
        > > Der Fall Prokofieff, (The Prokofieff Case)
        > > http://www.geisteskind.de/Wimbauer.htm
        > >
        > > Wimbauer withdrew from the public in the mid 80s,
        > but for
        > Prokofieff's
        > > `style' he broke his silence in 1995. (Wimbauer
        > has nothing to do
        > with
        > > Tomberg friends.)
        > > I like Prokofieff for his love and dedication to
        > Rudolf Steiner and
        > > his work.
        > >
        > > (I don't want to insult or slander Prokofieff or
        > any of his
        > > friends/adherents. I beg your excuse if you felt
        > like this. I only
        > > wanted to help to give a balanced view of that
        > prominent member of
        > the
        > > Anthr. Soc. He advanced the studies of many anthr.
        > students by his
        > > big books.)
        > >
        > > I often asked myself what have Prokofieff,
        > Bondarenko, Beljy,
        > > Kobylinskij-Ellis in common, can I recognize

        === message truncated ===

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?