Re: Aristotelians and Platonists

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Olmsted"
      <sa.olmsted@...> wrote:

      > All this talk about Platotelians got me remembering something Brian
      Gray at
      > RSC said at a conference on this very matter. It was kind of off
      the cuff
      > and a long while ago but I think he said that there were some who had
      > "special" incarnation circumstances that were in both streams. He said
      > these people tended to sit on the sidelines and lob bombs into the
      movement.
      > I thought it made sense: Categorizers needing a dramatic push, or
      dramatists
      > thinking they could channel the chaos with some well placed fireworks.
      >
      > For what it's worth...
      >
      > >Val here pointed out something I missed. You were right about the
      > >streams being over and under, but that's all ancient history now
      > >because both streams are now incarnated together, as Dr. Steiner
      > >predicted for the end of the 20th century.
      >
      > >And boy oh boy, do we have scores to settle!!!
      >
      > >Tom
      >=========================

      Hi Scott,

      Thank you so much for your contribution here. I certainly more than
      resemble that remark. It kind of fits me to a "T", doesn't it? The T
      for Tom!

      Plus Brian Gray and I were classmates together back when both of us
      were attending Rudolf Steiner College in the early 80's, so, from that
      spirit-rich environment, I also learned exactly which sacred
      proportions of which alchemical "gunpowder and nitroglycerine"
      elements, as it were, to custom make those projectiles for later use.

      Let's just say that Brian Gray would have many more stories to tell
      about me than I would about him, only because he behaved so goodly
      while I behaved so badly. And it's human nature to remember much more
      vividly the "behaving badly" stories than the "behaving goodly"
      ones.

      So here I had built up this stockpile of "Platotelian" WMD's but was
      so frustrated because I really had no outlet for my destiny calling.
      And then, in the mid 90's, along came the Internet.

      And I've been in "hog heaven" ever since.

      By the way, Scott, since you brought this up, maybe you could act as a
      kind of unofficial scorekeeper. To be karmically fair, I should lob
      grenades equally into both camps. I would request you to let me know
      if you feel I am bombing too much of one side and too little the other.

      On the other hand, perhaps equality is an abstract ideological
      consideration because my own sense is that I throw the bombs where
      they are karmically needed, and that means that I may have to
      concentrate on one camp for a long time.

      Anyway thanks again for unlurking. I hope my Scorpionic destructivity
      will be right kind of spiritual demolition work that opens up the
      forum and the field for some new anthroposophical thinking and insights.

      Tom
    • Simone
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
        Tom, for the sake of my highlights, yesterday you were more Aristotelian
        than Aristotle himself, ready to settle thousands-year-old scores with
        the Platonists, today the bomb-logger-Platotelian cap fits you… Oh,
        Man, know thy Stream!!!
        Frau Dok

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
          Tom:
          Anyway thanks again for unlurking. I hope my
          > Scorpionic destructivity
          > will be right kind of spiritual demolition work that
          > opens up the
          > forum and the field for some new anthroposophical
          > thinking and insights.

          What an ego Tom. To actually think planned demolition
          is your very own task as it will 'open up thinking and
          insights'. That's what they say about Joel so I
          imagine you get to stand behind him. We all know how
          uncomfortable that has been for you, him being the
          leading anti anthroposophist of his time here in the
          states supposedly and you just playing second fiddle.
          Why not try for freedom Tom, instead of doing the
          bidding of your ego.

          All good things,

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        • winters_diana
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
            Another post typical of Dottie, whom some of you think of as
            excelling at "heart thinking." This post just tells who she thinks is
            cool and who is not, and taunts an individual for being not as cool
            as someone else. This is immaturity, not spirituality.

            > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

          • doybia
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2007
              I'm not sure Tom wants to know his stream. He wants to be a STREAM
              or perhaps a BOMB. Modesty and humility are not Tom's strengths, so
              sad.
              DeborahK

              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <sim1di@...>