Re: Melancholics, Rejoice! The End is Nearer!

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 25, 2007
      Tarjei wrote:

      >Because if you try to spiritualize
      > science and make pseudo-science and quack-science into legit science,
      > we'll lie, cheat, steal, murder and do anything in our power to stop
      you.

      > Tarjei

      Funny, the word Science means "to know" for the most part (if you like
      getting intellectually dizzy, you could Ask Peter Staudenmaier what it
      means) but the science establishment doesn't seem to KNOW anything
      when it comes to living as a human being, much less do they know
      anything about the ability that they hap-hazardly use to derive what
      is deemed knowledge.

      From the horses mouth:

      "A human being is part of the whole called by us universe, a part
      limited in time and space. We experience ourselves, our thoughts and
      feelings as something separate from the rest. A kind of optical
      delusion of consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us,
      restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few
      persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from the
      prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living
      creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty… The true value of a
      human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in
      which they have obtained liberation from the self. … We shall require
      a substantially new manner of thinking if humanity is to survive.
      (Albert Einstein, 1954)".

      "If, then, it is true that the axiomatic basis of theoretical physics
      cannot be extracted from experience but must be freely invented, can
      we ever hope to find the right way? I answer without hesitation that
      there is, in my opinion, a right way, and that we are capable of
      finding it. I hold it true that pure thought can grasp reality, as the
      ancients dreamed. (Albert Einstein, 1954)".

      All the quacks (takes one to know one) and anti-quacks will probably
      go on quacking to infinity ad-nauseum. In the mean time, a few people
      will be learning to really THINK. Sad thing is that history has shown
      that fixed paradigm's usually have to die with those who flaunt them.
      So "teach your children well" my dear friends, whilst we wait
      patiently for traditionalism to die a slow and boring death.

      http://www.spaceandmotion.com/Most-Simple-Scientific-Theory-Reality.htm

      I think the ideas expressed on this page a great step forward in
      unifying alot of sectarianism in our world. It still doesn't talk
      about the finger stirring the soup, but it does give the soup a
      unanimously liked smell and taste.

      Mike