races disappearing

  • DByron
    Message 1 of 125 , Mar 16, 2004
      Perhaps this argument is old territory. My understanding of Steiner's
      views on reincarnation and human development is that individuals
      incarnate into different racial lineages in order to eventually develop
      a full depth and range of capacities. For those who believe in one life
      only, I suppose an comparable analogy would be the cognitive benefits
      gained from the study of different cultures and their languages, all of
      which can be enhanced by travel and friendships with those raised in a
      milieu different than one's own. It doesn't seem likely to me that
      incarnating repeatedly in the same hereditary stream would allow for
      balanced development in the long term, just as living solely within a
      single isolated provincial community would be a hindrance to living a
      full life today.

      I've always understood Steiner to mean that the reincarnating Ego is not
      bound to any particular racial group but rather chooses to incarnate
      into different hereditary lineages in order to grow. Why would Steiner
      then, or anyone else with a similar regard for the function of the races
      in human development, want to see any of them disappear? It only makes
      sense that it is a too-strong attachment or over-identification with any
      particular blood group *over time* that is unhealthy, not the spendid
      variety of human existence made possible by different races and
      cultures. To lose a race seems to me to be an even more profound a loss
      for a reincarnationist than for one-life-only thinkers, who are limited
      as they believe to the experience of only their hereditary line.
      A worldview that includes this understanding of reincarnation has no
      place for wanting any race or culture to cease to exist.

      My 2 cents,
      Deborah
      Message 125 of 125 , Apr 27, 2004
        > Raymond:
        > But what has this sort of thing to do with the debate at
        > > hand?

        Dottie
        > Wanted to know where you were coming from with your comments that
        > seem to point that you think Staudenmaier correct that Dr. Steiner
        > was a racist? Do you consider that to be true? I have other
        questions
        > but I guess I would like to have these questions answered regarding
        > the doctrine before I go on further.

        Raymon, can you answer the question above sometime soon? Do you think
        Dr. Steiner was a racist? Have you read Staudenmaiers Eco paper? And
        if so have you checked the references to realities of the Doctors
        work? And if so have you not noted the two or three word quote with a
        Staudenmaier interpretation of said quote as if the Doctor stated
        such himself?

        And if you do consider Dr. Steiner a racist what the hell are you
        doing following such a man? Do you agree with any aspects that you
        consider racist in Dr. Steiners work? Do you find yourself outside
        the mainstream of Anthroposophy according to how others view his
        work? What is the most important aspect of the Doctors work you think
        serves the future of humanity? How do you feel about Sophia making
        her reappearance center stage?

        Come on Sophia,