Anthropoopic "Corrections"

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2007
      Robert in "correcting" Tom's presentation of Steiner's social ordering
      analogous to the human organism wrote:

      "So, the correct analogy puts the economic
      social sphere in correspondence to the head-
      nerve system and the cultural sphere in
      correspondence to the metabolic-limb system.
      (And the legal-political sphere corresponds to
      the rhythmic system.)"

      According to Gary Lachman, who's done more research regarding Steiner
      than anyone here, Tom is entirely right.

      Robert also referred to the strange curiosity, "Jesuitic-Hermetic
      occult stream" Those two streams have about as much in common as
      Islamic fundamentalism and contemporary feminism...G
    • Robert Mason
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
        To "gaelman58", who wrote:

        >>According to Gary Lachman, who's done more
        research regarding Steiner than anyone here,
        Tom is entirely right.<<

        Robert writes:

        So, let's hear exactly what Mr. Lachman said.
        I'm all ears . . . uh, eyes.

        "gaelman58" wrote:

        >>Robert also referred to the strange
        curiosity, "Jesuitic-Hermetic occult stream"
        Those two streams have about as much in common
        as Islamic fundamentalism and contemporary
        feminism...<<

        Robert writes:

        Maybe I might have said *Jesuitic-Hermetic
        occult streamS*. But the important point is
        that they are similar enough to be hyphenated.
        It seems clear enough that they have in common
        an opposition to progressive evolution toward
        the Consciousness Soul and beyond, and they
        both have a proclivity for black magick and
        Roman Catholicism. The would-be anonymous
        Tomberg seemed to think they had plenty in
        common; he brought them together in his own
        system of "spiritual exercises".

        But OK; I'm willing to learn. At the risk of
        starting yet another dismal, dreary Tomberg
        thread, I'll ask: just what is the difference
        between "those two streams"?

        With dread,

        Robert Mason

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Simone
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
          I'm sorry to meddle in this discussion, but here's Manson's quote:

          "…she wrote those words long before Tomberg openly joined the
          Jesuitic-Hermetic occult "stream"."

          Did he mean "Jesuitic stream and Hermetic occult stream" or "Jesuitic
          and Hermetic occult streams" (meaning Jesuitic occult stream and
          Hermetic occult stream) or he meant what is written, that is,
          "Jesuit-Hermetic occult stream"?
          In any case, I don't think it's up to Gaelman to explain in what they're
          different but instead it's up to Manson to show what their similarities
          are, since it seems to be common sense they're quite different: it's
          like asking someone to explain the difference between a fire engine, a
          butterfly and a Band-Aid strip.

          Simone

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Robert Mason
          <robertsmason_99@...> wrote:

          > To "gaelman58", who wrote:
          >
          > >>According to Gary Lachman, who's done more
          > research regarding Steiner than anyone here,
          > Tom is entirely right.<<
          >
          > Robert writes:
          >
          > So, let's hear exactly what Mr. Lachman said.
          > I'm all ears . . . uh, eyes.
          >
          > "gaelman58" wrote:
          >
          > >>Robert also referred to the strange
          > curiosity, "Jesuitic-Hermetic occult stream"
          > Those two streams have about as much in common
          > as Islamic fundamentalism and contemporary
          > feminism...<<
          >
          > Robert writes:
          >
          > Maybe I might have said *Jesuitic-Hermetic
          > occult streamS*. But the important point is
          > that they are similar enough to be hyphenated.
          > It seems clear enough that they have in common
          > an opposition to progressive evolution toward
          > the Consciousness Soul and beyond, and they
          > both have a proclivity for black magick and
          > Roman Catholicism. The would-be anonymous
          > Tomberg seemed to think they had plenty in
          > common; he brought them together in his own
          > system of "spiritual exercises".
          >
          > But OK; I'm willing to learn. At the risk of
          > starting yet another dismal, dreary Tomberg
          > thread, I'll ask: just what is the difference
          > between "those two streams"?
          >
          > With dread,
          >
          > Robert Mason

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • tmasthenes13
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <sim1di@...>
            wrote:

            > I'm sorry to meddle in this discussion, but here's Manson's quote:
            >
            > "…she wrote those words long before Tomberg openly joined the
            > Jesuitic-Hermetic occult "stream"."

            .. . but instead it's up to Manson to show what their similarities
            > are,
            =======================

            What is it with these Freudian, Jungian or Steinerian slips of the
            keyboard? Or is it something more sinister?

            First Robert Mason spells out "Anthropoopic" in the subject line.

            Then Simone twice refers to Robert as "Manson" not "Mason."
          • winters_diana
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
              >Then Simone twice refers to Robert as "Manson" not "Mason."

              I caught that too . . .
              Maybe all you anthro-astrally inclined souls can tell me if there is
              some crazy conjunction of the planets this week?
            • doybia
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2007
                There has been some odd behavior on some other lists, too. But I doubt
                it is the planets. Undoubtedly some evil force is invading peoples
                minds and bodies and making them stare at illusionary pictures that go
                around and around and around..........

                Bush or Cheney?
                DeborahK
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "winters_diana"
                <diana.winters@...> wrote:

                > >Then Simone twice refers to Robert as "Manson" not "Mason."
                >
                > I caught that too . . .
                > Maybe all you anthro-astrally inclined souls can tell me if there is
                > some crazy conjunction of the planets this week?

              • write3chairs
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13" wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <sim1di@>
                  > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > I'm sorry to meddle in this discussion, but here's Manson's quote:
                  > >
                  > > "…she wrote those words long before Tomberg openly joined the
                  > > Jesuitic-Hermetic occult "stream"."
                  > >
                  > .. . but instead it's up to Manson to show what their similarities
                  > > are,
                  > =======================
                  >
                  > What is it with these Freudian, Jungian or Steinerian slips of the
                  > keyboard? Or is it something more sinister?
                  >
                  > First Robert Mason spells out "Anthropoopic" in the subject line.
                  >
                  > Then Simone twice refers to Robert as "Manson" not "Mason."

                  I'm looking above me, wondering ... WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!

                  Tee hee. ;)

                  Jennifer
                • Simone
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
                    Gee, I apologize the confusion with Robert's family name, it is to
                    blame in my weak attention on names, so, it's just mental laziness,
                    not a Freudian slip, I couldn't even remember who was
                    "Manson", I had to google it to refresh my memory.
                    Sorry,
                    Simone

                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
                    <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13" wrote:
                    >
                    > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <sim1di@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > I'm sorry to meddle in this discussion, but here's Manson's quote:
                    > > >
                    > > > "…she wrote those words long before Tomberg openly joined the
                    > > > Jesuitic-Hermetic occult "stream"."
                    > > >
                    > > .. . but instead it's up to Manson to show what their similarities
                    > > > are,
                    > > =======================
                    > >
                    > > What is it with these Freudian, Jungian or Steinerian slips of the
                    > > keyboard? Or is it something more sinister?
                    > >
                    > > First Robert Mason spells out "Anthropoopic" in the subject line.
                    > >
                    > > Then Simone twice refers to Robert as "Manson" not "Mason."
                    >

                    > I'm looking above me, wondering ... WHAT IS THAT SMELL?!
                    >
                    > Tee hee. ;)
                    >
                    > Jennifer

                  • tmasthenes13
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
                      wrote:

                      > Gee, I apologize the confusion with Robert's family name, it is to
                      > blame in my weak attention on names, so, it's just mental laziness,
                      > not a Freudian slip, I couldn't even remember who was
                      > "Manson", I had to google it to refresh my memory.
                      > Sorry,
                      > Simone
                      >========================

                      Simone,

                      No need to apologize. The fact that you made this spelling out of
                      complete innocence and ignorance made it all the more meaningful to my
                      discussion with Robert.

                      As Frank would say: "out of the mouths of babes . . . "

                      Tom
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 8, 2007
                        <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                        > As Frank would say: "out of the mouths of babes . . . "

                        That was Shakespeare or Jesus..or somebody. But thanks anyway.