Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Samhain/SJ

  • JoAnn Schwartz
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      Ah, Gaelman me dear, I spent the night in quiet spaces,
      communing with my beloved dead.

      Nothing scary about it, as it turns out, but grace in
      plenty.

      As the chant goes,

      Call the names of your ancestors, and they will come...
      Call the names of your descendants, and they will come...
      Remember that we are all one...

      As ever,
      JoAnn

      --- gaelman58 wrote:

      > Sister Jo: I hope you enjoyed yourself last night...and
      > were properly grateful for the contributory Black Irish
      > "juice" supplied to the Night by my forbears...as a child
      > I heard this often enough..."Oi'm a soyentific man but
      > Oi'll tell ye about the wun toime I met with the
      > Ould Woman of Binevenagh...". She gave him a book, the
      > inside cover of which read, "Read me through but use me
      > not, or hell and damnation will be your lot".
      >
      > You'll remember my post about the Voodoo woman. That gal
      > gave me a similiar book...but the caveat was at the end.
      > Maybe that's the appeal of Catholicism, eh?...the spooky
      > bits...one specific time out of many, an extraordinary
      > thing happened...a woman called it "grace"
      > but it sure as hell looked like magic to me...musing on
      > the delights of milk and honey....Gman

      ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2007
        Sister Jo, you'll remember that once I said I'd wish you'd post more
        often...I'm still of that opinion but I also have come to surmise that
        perhaps a public list isn't the best place to give forth about one's
        experience and view of reality.

        I believe you have knowledges that are worth sharing with some
        folks...but, of course, there's that caveat about the casting of pearls.

        I happen to be reading a section of Steiner's indications about
        individuals drawn to Anthroposophy and their karmic connections to
        paganism. There are connections and there are CONNECTIONS, eh?...far
        more the "who" of things as opposed to the "what"...with grace flowing
        from beings...as well as kindness.

        I understand our current relationships with other people have
        implications for the world of the Angeloi...one stream ascending the
        other descending...I can't tell you I have a great deal of insight
        into that...but I can tell you that as I get older I seem to be drawn
        to certain individuals that I would have had damned little in common
        with as a younger man.

        I'm thinking of Maurice Chevalier and "I'm so glad that I'm not young
        any more"...an aspect of that is simply the observation that there are
        women...and there are WOMEN...the former are those that one must
        listen to because of convention...the latter are those that one can
        learn from...

        So, here's lookin' at you, kid....Gman

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, JoAnn Schwartz