Lt. LaQue & the Generalissimo

  • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
      Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
      than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
      of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
      teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
      your all's beeswax.

      Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
      promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
      water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

      ??LaQ
    • carol
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

        Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

        Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

        Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

        In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

        Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

        At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

        Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

        Carol.

        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

        > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
        > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
        >
        > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
        >
        > DeborahB

      • JoAnn Schwartz
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
          --- LaQ wrote:

          > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
          > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
          > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
          > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

          Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

          Sgt. Sweetpea

          "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel