Re: Lt. LaQue & the Generalissimo

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

      ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

      > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
      > >
      > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
      > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
      > >
      > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
      > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
      > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
      > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
      > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
      > to the bottom (sic) of it.
      > Blessings on both your tsks.
      > P.P.I.

      Your Holiness,

      You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
      one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
      seniority issue.

      If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
      Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
      DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
      in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
      in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

      I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
      regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
      and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
      for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
      which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
      membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

      Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
      involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
      beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
      Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
      course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
      of the Steiner Internet era.

      Generalissimo Tomaso
    • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
        Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
        than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
        of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
        teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
        your all's beeswax.

        Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
        promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
        water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

        ??LaQ
      • carol
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

          Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

          Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

          Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

          In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

          Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

          At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

          Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

          Carol.

          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

          > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
          > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
          >
          > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
          >
          > DeborahB

        • JoAnn Schwartz
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
            --- LaQ wrote:

            > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
            > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
            > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
            > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

            Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

            Sgt. Sweetpea

            "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel