Cheers to Tom, hello to everyone, my Angel, good news

  • Simone
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2007
      Tom,

      Nice to meet you. Most here know me, at least old members, I was an
      active posting member 3 years ago (time flies when you're getting
      close to 40's) but had to stop due to real life demands. Every now
      and then I take a look at the list, usually there isn't anything
      interesting enough to keep my attention so it's just a glance but
      lately I've reading it daily and you are the reason – it also could
      be  Michaelmas forces still in action, same that brought me here in
      the first days of October, 2004.

      Everything else is still the same: Uncle Taz posts Bob Dylan lyrics
      and teases Diana, Bradford posts articles on politics and comments on
      how amazingly they match his views and theories, Dottie is upset with
      someone and writes 10 posts a day, Frank posts are short and funny,
      Carol is the troll of the season (tough I don't think she's a troll),
      Mike H aggress with Uncle Taz in whatever, Mike T is disguised as a
      magician but still can't spell, Deborah speaks with opportunity and
      cleverness, JoAnn is musing and Gaelman is incomprehended and
      incomprehensible. I miss Danny, S. Hale and others who disappeared
      for different reasons, including Harvey who wrote me one of the 2
      welcome messages I got by then – excuse me to mention the other was
      written by my dearest Uncle Taz, who place Norway in my map – maybe
      it was a sign, a notice that Norway was coming to stay.

      But now Tom, you are there and AT is shinning again: your posts are
      so interesting, smart, funny, you truly make me laugh – please keep
      them coming! I am not able to regular posting, I'm going back to the
      lurking mode, it's just to show my appreciation and I'm sure I'm
      speaking for dozens of lurkers who also love to read you. Whether
      it's a game for you, it doesn't matter, you argue so brilliantly and
      such a humor your posts are a show for themselves.

      I take this opportunity to send to all you AT folks this link where
      you can watch a bit of my daughter working – http://www.lovaas.com/   -
      in the left down corner you hit "Click to play video" – she's a
      little girl with short brown hair – well, she's the only little girl
      in the video (no, I don't think it makes any bad photographing
      children) and this little verse to Michael I found somewhere in the
      internet:

      Oh, Michael, mighty quiet lord,
      Michael! – fell with your swift sword
      The dragon in his ebon lair
      Who feeds upon my pain;
      Teach me to dare,
      Again and yet again.

      Hugs,

      Simone

      ps: Anthros in Brazil sent me good news: Anthroposophical medicine
      has been recognized as a specialty and taught in regular medical
      school – last month it was opened an ambulatory exclusively for
      practicing and teaching of Anthroposophical medicine in one of the
      most traditional and influent schools of medicine in Sao Paulo.  I
      wonder what critics would think about it. I'll try to upload the
      file, tough it's in Portuguese, it's just that it can't be said I
      made it up. Oh, maybe Frank already knew about it.

      ps2: While I was writing it I got an email from a friend here in LA
      who found out she's sick and asks help. It's amazing that even when
      you aren't practicing, you've tons of opportunities of being helpful,
      what no other doctorship could offer you. I wonder what I did between
      incarnations to get this blessing, that's how I see it. I've set up
      in mind that once my main life task which is saving my daughter is
      concluded, I got to get back to Brazil and pay my debts. A bit of
      self-absorption doesn't hurt.
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" <sim1di@...>
        wrote:

        > Tom,
        >
        > Nice to meet you. Most here know me, at least old members, I was an
        > active posting member 3 years ago (time flies when you're getting
        > close to 40's) but had to stop due to real life demands. Every now
        > and then I take a look at the list, usually there isn't anything
        > interesting enough to keep my attention so it's just a glance but
        > lately I've reading it daily and you are the reason – it also
        > could
        > be Michaelmas forces still in action, same that brought me here in
        > the first days of October, 2004.

        Hi, Simone, it's great to see you back. I must admit that I was a bit
        (raging) jealous the way you gushed over Tom, but then when you
        revealed that you're "getting close to 40", it was easier to take.
        That's tough, really tough to be aging like that. I stopped the
        process long ago by taking the anthroposophical medicine
        "Geriatricum", which not only stops aging, but makes you younger!
        (Don't tell Diana.) Maybe you can get some from your pals in the
        Anthropop faculty in S. Paulo before it's too late. But don't expect
        to get it through U.S. customs. They think they already got enough
        Brazilians there and certainly don't want them to live forever.
        Un abraço forte,
        Frank
      • Simone
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2007

          Querido Frank,

          There's no reason for jealousy, you have a captive place in my heart

          (now I can say you've been there for years) but, also news from

          Brazil, the word of the day is "Poliamor" – people are theorizing

          that in the 21st century  romantic love is to die (as social phenomena),

          giving place to "Poliamor" where there isn't anymore the figure of a

          couple but people in love with many people concomitantly  – a new

          name for that old thing but now is the official tendency for the millennium

          according to Brazilian shrinks.

          I've been doing pretty well in these last 20 years in the issue of

          eluding time – amazingly, people think I'm in my early 20's! I'm always

          asked for my ID when I buy Chardonnay and I've seen very funny reactions

          and flattering remarks when people see my actual age: since "don't go

          around with your mom's driver license" `till people asking me "are you

          frozen or what?" – the usual reaction is look at the ID, look back at me, look at the

          ID again, back at me with an expression of astonishment like "Jesus" or

          something to this effect. Other day a receptionist though that my sister-in-law

          (who's about my age) was my mother – she didn't seem to like it, as much as

          my husband when we go out and someone jokes asking me "does your mom

          know you're here?"

          And I'm not taking Geriatricum, I swear, I just get some Stressdoron once a

          while, Calendula cream and toothpaste– but I'll ask my friends to send me

          Geriatricum disguised in bottles of some innocent supplement. I need to get

          ready before start taking it by getting extra car seat and stroller since my daughter

          doesn't like to share (if they only knew Anthromeds astonishing power…)

          Saudades,

          Simone

        • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 3, 2007
            Hello Simone,

            I just watched the video about the Lovaas (I almost sent that out as a
            typo that would have gotten Tom and Frank to howling again) method and was
            quite impressed. And your daughter is adorable, I might add. It would be
            very interesting to hear your thoughts about the apparent link between
            autism and childhood vaccinations - the mercury connection - from the
            AnthroMedicine perspective. And also, are you familiar with what is
            called equine assisted therapy? For the past couple of years I've worked
            with such an organization (Horses for Healing) and have enjoyed being in
            the ring as all sorts of kids (autistic, Downs, learning disabilities)
            become confident enough to ride those big sweet animals.

            Thanks for the update on what is happening in Brazil - how wonderful to
            hear.

            welcome back,
            DeborahB
          • Mike helsher
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2007
              wrote:

              > Mike H aggress with Uncle Taz in whatever,

              Yup! pretty much! but he likes Tasmanian Devils, and I like
              Fishercats. He likes Anarcosophy, I like Bohemiosophy, He likes the
              theater, I like the basement. He leans more toward his head, I lean
              more toward my heart but we both got a connection and we both shoot
              from the hip. So we got a few things in common but we are totally
              different "AND" we are made of the same stuff.

              "Individuality is possible only when each individual is acquainted
              with others through individual observation alone. The difference
              between me and my fellow men is not at all because we live in two
              quite different spiritual worlds, but because from the world of ideas
              which we share, he receives different intuitions from mine. He wants
              to live out his intuitions, I mine. If we both really draw from the
              idea, and are not obeying any external impulses (physical or
              spiritual), then we cannot but meet in the same striving, in having
              the same intentions. A moral misunderstanding, a clash between men who
              are morally free, is out of the question".

              Welcome Back Simone...:)

              Best

              Mike
            • Simone
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 4, 2007
                Hello Deborah,

                Thanks for your welcome message, tough I shall say I probably won't
                be posting regularly since I'm pretty busy with my studies and
                caring for my daughter, so that I've very little free time.
                I need to clarify I'm not an Anthroposophical doctor, I'm a
                mainstream surgeon, so my knowledge of Anthromedicine is incidental,
                mainly coming from my sister who's an Anthroposophical psychologist.
                Therefore, my opinion about the link mercury/autism is just my personal
                view, since I don't know how Anthro medicine sees it and even if
                they have developed any theory or views about it. I say it may not even
                be quite developed since the autism epidemic is pretty recent, basically
                after 2000. Until early 90's, the incidence here in US was 1/10,000,
                that is, a very rare disorder that didn't raise any public healthy
                concern. In Brazil I never saw a case of autism; I remember reading a
                paragraph about autism in my psychiatry textbook and thinking to myself
                "It must be one more of those fictitious diseases created by
                American hysteria just like multiple personalities disorder". The
                first description of a case of autism was made in 1943 here in US by
                Kramer, a psychiatrist; before it, autism didn't exist nor any
                disturb that could resemble autism was ever described. This is pretty
                curious and difficult to explain for those who say autism is purely
                genetic, how can it didn't exist before and even harder to explain
                how could there be a "genetic epidemic"- in this context
                it's believed there must be an environmental factor, something would
                trigger autism in susceptible children. Between those who don't
                deny the epidemic (denial is the official position of CDC) most think
                that a preservative called Thimerosal, that contains mercury, found in
                vaccines would be the responsible for triggering autism, which now left
                psychiatry textbooks to be considered a neurological disorder. If you
                had asked me this question a year ago I'd say I am pretty convinced
                that something in the vaccines, not necessarily or exclusively
                Thimerosal, would be triggering autism. I'm not that certain
                anymore, or as I use to say, I which I have this certainty. What changed
                in this meanwhile is that I personally met mothers of unvaccinated
                autistic children; these woman had believed the mercury connection,
                didn't vaccinated their younger children and they not only came to
                be autistic, but more severely affected than their older vaccinated
                siblings – what seems to be a pattern, independently of vaccination,
                that younger siblings are more severely affected. One of these mothers I
                met is a kind of heroin, she has 4 boys in the spectrum; her oldest is
                grown up, very mildly autistic, he just was diagnosed after her second
                son who is more affected; she then started taking part actively as a
                "mercury mother" (that's how they're called) and
                didn't vaccinated her twins, the youngest, who are very, very
                severely affected – in a scale 0 to 10 I'd gave them a 9. It
                doesn't proof anything, but that's evidence that children are
                not protected against autism by not giving them vaccines or that
                vaccines can't be responsible alone by triggering autism. I say it
                sadly, I wish it was mercury, we'd know what to fight, we'd
                study what mercury does to the brain and find a way to revert or stop
                the damage, but now, back to darkness, and I feel like in that movie
                "Predator" (you probably didn't watch that slaughter) where
                he's pursued by an invisible enemy: he just sees the damage it does,
                but he can't see what does it. Frightening.
                I haven't personal experience but have heard wonders about equine
                therapy; differently from other alternative therapies where you always
                find someone who didn't like it, everyone I heard says their kids
                love riding the horses – and horses are so sweet, my daughter loves
                animals I'm sure she would love it too. We have taken part of
                "Surfer's Healing": my daughter loves the sea, water in
                general, it's her element, so she loves surfing; I've seen many
                kids screaming and unhappy about the experience but to my daughter water
                is like heaven, she has a smile ear to ear. It's funny how she loves
                everything water related, like fish, she loves to stare at fish tanks
                repeating "fiiiiiissssh" and she loves to float in the bathtub,
                it's funny how she learned it by herself so young, laying down
                floating (with a smile), it's so funny. Yes, she's adorable :)

                Hugs,
                Simone

                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                > Hello Simone,
                >
                > I just watched the video about the Lovaas (I almost sent that out as a
                > typo that would have gotten Tom and Frank to howling again) method and
                was
                > quite impressed. And your daughter is adorable, I might add. It would
                be
                > very interesting to hear your thoughts about the apparent link between
                > autism and childhood vaccinations - the mercury connection - from the
                > AnthroMedicine perspective. And also, are you familiar with what is
                > called equine assisted therapy? For the past couple of years I've
                worked
                > with such an organization (Horses for Healing) and have enjoyed being
                in
                > the ring as all sorts of kids (autistic, Downs, learning disabilities)
                > become confident enough to ride those big sweet animals.
                >
                > Thanks for the update on what is happening in Brazil - how wonderful
                > hear.
                >
                > welcome back,
                > DeborahB

              • Simone
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 4, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher"
                  <mhelsher@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Simone" sim1di@
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > Mike H aggress with Uncle Taz in whatever,
                  >

                  > Yup! pretty much! but he likes Tasmanian Devils, and I like
                  > Fishercats. He likes Anarcosophy, I like Bohemiosophy, He likes the
                  > theater, I like the basement. He leans more toward his head, I lean
                  > more toward my heart but we both got a connection and we both shoot
                  > from the hip. So we got a few things in common but we are totally
                  > different "AND" we are made of the same stuff.

                  Dear Mike,

                  In this short paragraph you convinced me I agree more with Uncle Taz
                  than you do; starting by Anarchosophy: it was the main reason we once
                  had intense email communication and I'm here today, since I
                  can't call myself an Anthroposophist, I'm just a sympathizer,
                  but I'm a natural born Anarchist (karmically determined);
                  furthermore, I'm pretty much of opinion that the show must go on,
                  and the brighter the lights, the better; I also think I suffer from a
                  relative deafness when it comes to listen to my heart, especially
                  because my head is so noisy and absorbs me completely. I also remember
                  we share a passion for cards games, especially poker and blackjack, for
                  hippies, 60's culture and I can get in an interesting state of mind
                  just by eating Tofu, which is the main reason I never had any problem
                  with the law, and in that we differ, but it's just a matter of
                  substance of choice. I also find those spinning skulls pretty cool and
                  there you go. So that, from now on, I'm officially in charge of
                  agreeing with Uncle Taz in whatever and will honor and defend this post
                  till the last consequences or ultimate outcome.

                  Proudly and thankfully,
                  Simone

                  > "Individuality is possible only when each individual is acquainted
                  > with others through individual observation alone. The difference
                  > between me and my fellow men is not at all because we live in two
                  > quite different spiritual worlds, but because from the world of ideas
                  > which we share, he receives different intuitions from mine. He wants
                  > to live out his intuitions, I mine. If we both really draw from the
                  > idea, and are not obeying any external impulses (physical or
                  > spiritual), then we cannot but meet in the same striving, in having
                  > the same intentions. A moral misunderstanding, a clash between men who
                  > are morally free, is out of the question".
                  >
                  > Welcome Back Simone...:)
                  >

                  > Best
                  >
                  > Mike

                • tmasthenes13
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 5, 2007
                    Hi Simone,

                    What a karmik-kosmik-komik Godsend you are, and not just because of
                    your deliciously gushing, kind, appreciative and encouraging words,
                    but because you heard my melancholic (I mean melodramatic) cries of
                    despair and came to my rescue in a way that poor beleaguered (I mean,
                    besieged) Dottie couldn't.

                    (Plus I'm glad that Frank knows you so well; otherwise he and others
                    would have accused you of being my troll.)

                    (Dottie, it's really OK, the karmic pressure's off you now. I don't
                    need you to rescue me anymore. Instead, God sent another Los Angeles
                    Saviour for me.)

                    Oh God, Doc Simone, do you realize how close my cleverness came to
                    being snatched away by Ahriman? 2.4 nanometers, the width of a DNA
                    molecule, and just in the nick of karmic time (kairos), you came to my
                    rescue. [Sigh] My Heroine!!! [Swoon]

                    [NOTE: While I am unconscious here in my swoon, I quote the Steiner
                    verse below for those who may not know or remember the relevant
                    lecture reference.]

                    "If, on the other hand, Ahriman were to conquer, or come near to
                    conquering, in the ether body, then the person would become possessed
                    — possessed by his own cleverness. And since he is inwardly possessed
                    by it, the cleverness must needs remain within him. It has hold of
                    him; his ether-body is absolutely charged with it. And so there is no
                    possibility for Ahriman to draw out the instincts and impulses; they
                    are stuck fast in the ether-body, because the person is possessed by
                    his [own] cleverness."
                    Lecture 5 in "Man's Life on Earth and in the Spiritual Worlds,"
                    London; GA 218; London, 16 Nov 1922
                    http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/MansLife/19221116p01.html

                    Dottie had been so truculent with me that I began to lose confidence
                    in my own cleverness, thus making my cleverness very vulnerable to an
                    Ahrimanic maneuver. I became distraught, and it wasn't long before
                    there appeared Uncle Ahriman in all his dark-green gnarly glory,
                    snickering at me with his bony hand out saying, "Fork it over, Tommy
                    Boy, your cleverness or your life."

                    I looked down and said: "But, Ahri, my cleverness IS my life!"

                    "Not any more" he said, cackling gleefully.

                    So there I was at the "ralph nadir," as it were, of my despair.
                    Perhaps "His Nibs" took pity on me, if that were possible. But
                    something did move the Great Gnarly One to say to me (He actually
                    sounded a lot like Larry King.) : "Look, I really don't want your
                    life, just your cleverness. Don't take it so personally. That's my
                    sister Lucifer's department."
                    "A deal with this devil?" I thought to myself. What little ego I
                    had left began to gurgle up and I replied: "OK, what's the deal?"

                    AHRIMAN: "You give me all your cleverness, and by this time next year,
                    I'll arrange with Sister Lucifer to get you appointed to the Vorstand
                    in Dornach."

                    What a clever hard bargain this Son of all Cleverness was offering. I
                    looked at his rather hooked nose and thought he might be somewhat
                    Semitic. I then remembered one of Jewish comedian Jackie Mason's old
                    jokes: "What's a Jewish dilemma? (PAUSE) Free pork!"

                    For if I were to hand over my cleverness to Ahriman, then levity would
                    take over my gravitas and I would start floating off into Lucifer's
                    8th Sphere. "But after all," I thought, "anthroposophy is Lucifer
                    Gnosis. It is the Knowledge of Lucifer."

                    Ahriman, reading my thoughts, quickly interrupted; "Look, if you go
                    over to the Light side, I'll still protect you from going all the way.
                    I don't want you to be one of those `moral robot dolls' that my Sister
                    loves to collect and play with."

                    TOM: "How are you going to protect me? You're lying. You're the Father
                    of Lies. You'll tell me anything whether it's true or not."

                    AHRIMAN: "Fair enough. But what if you heard the truth right from your
                    revered teacher?"

                    TOM: "You're gonna play `Steiner Said' with me?"

                    AHRIMAN: "Sure. Don't you realize the Gesamtausgabe is all mine?

                    TOM: Yes, of course, you and all those `preserving jars' you
                    manufacture for libraries.

                    AHRIMAN: So may I quote from the same page as that excerpt above?

                    TOM: "OK, but how do I know you're not going to read me one of those
                    fiendishly communist English translations from that Elemental Ogre
                    Peter Staudenmaier?"

                    AHRIMAN: "I'm reading you the British translation done long before
                    Peter's present incarnation began."

                    TOM: "All right, I'm game. Read on MacGruff!"

                    AHRIMAN: (READING)

                    For when the Luciferic powers are victorious over the Ahrimanic in the
                    ether-body, then the person becomes a liar, he becomes an habitual
                    liar [Pathological liar]
                    In that case he is obviously not moral; and so he falls out of the
                    world within which Lucifer would like to secure him. Instead of making
                    him a moral automaton, Lucifer has turned him into a liar.
                    And, strange as it may seem, the fact that the person becomes addicted
                    to lying is a weapon in the hands of the good Powers, to aid them in
                    rescuing him from Lucifer. For when someone turns liar, — well, that
                    can be ameliorated in the further course of karma; whereas if Lucifer
                    were really to gain the victory he seeks, the Earth would lose that
                    human soul, it would soar right away above the Earth.
                    Lecture 5 in "Man's Life on Earth and in the Spiritual Worlds,"
                    London; GA 218; London, 16 Nov 1922
                    http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/MansLife/19221116p01.html

                    TOM: "See, that's what I call a Jewish dilemma. Here I've cultivated
                    all this cleverness so I could be a scientist and get at the truth,
                    and now you offer me fulfillment of my lifelong ambition to be on the
                    Vorstand, but the price I have to pay is that I become a liar and
                    wallow in self-delusion for the rest of my life at the Goetheanum?"

                    AHRIMAN: "Whoa! Tommy Boy, listen to the quote again. It's the good
                    guys who are doing this. I'm just their lackey mechanism of doing it."

                    TOM: "Now you're lying again."

                    AHRIMAN: "No, listen to your karmic sister Dottie's wisdom. Remember
                    how much she emphasized how I trap souls by utilizing my Sister Luci's
                    techniques?"

                    TOM: "Yeah."

                    AHRIMAN: "She's right. It's just that she never looks at the other
                    side, which is how Lucifer uses MY monkeyshines to trap Luci's hapless
                    human prey."

                    TOM: "I see. So Luci's trapped Dottie but Dottie can only see you,
                    Ahri, trapping souls through Luci. So all the while, she's worried
                    about you, Luci then has her all the more, unawares. It's really
                    fiendishly clever. I admire that.

                    AHRIMAN You know the old saying: `Better the devil you know than the
                    one you don't'

                    TOM: You know, Ahri, just between you and me, sometimes I wonder if
                    life would be much simpler if there were just ONE of youse guys, and
                    not two.

                    AHRIMAN: How boring would that be for all of us! Dualism would stick
                    us with a Steady State Universe. With me & Luci on opposite sides,
                    well, we are your training wheels until you learn to ride the bicycle
                    on your own. Now that's dynamic and keeps everybody interested. Call
                    it the Big Bang Up Universe. Look, it's decision time for you. I'm
                    outta here while you think all this over.

                    Ahri withdrew and I faced quite the dilemma. "Do I stay on the Dark
                    Side and sacrifice my sharp and focused cleverness to Ahriman only to
                    become an egoless lonely autistic hermit? Or do I float up to the
                    Light Side with Lucifer and become an ego-driven Dornachian space
                    cadet deluding myself and others but becoming in the process a
                    wide-eyed social bliss-ninny? No matter which side I choose, I lose.
                    But also gain. So complicated!

                    I contemplated my future on the Vorstand. Could I really stand it?
                    Could I really go through it all, the lecturing, the mystery
                    politicking, the writing, the pontificating and then do all of it with
                    a straight face? Keep up the necessary dour Teutonic countenance with
                    a forced smile? Could I really continue under the delusion that
                    everything is hunky dory in Dornach even 83 years after Steiner's death?

                    Then I started thinking about other Americans on the Vorstand.
                    Virginia Sease for one. But suddenly, as if a little hummingbird
                    buzzed by, I cracked a smile and said: You know whenever I say her
                    name, I always say "Virginia Sease and Desist!" Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

                    I knew I couldn't go over to the Light Side. I knew I had to stay here
                    on the Dark Side where I could consume myself in a "bonfire of the
                    vanities," pleased as punch with my own damned cleverness. I had to
                    break the news to Uncle Ahri. He'd be sorely disappointed.

                    Immediately he reappeared. I knew he knew what my decision was, but I
                    had to say it.

                    "Sorry, Ahri, I choose to be consumed by my own cleverness."

                    "No skin off my crooked nose," he said. " For every clever geek like
                    you in anthroposophy, I've got a thousand others doing my bidding
                    through Lucifer." He then extended his bony hand. "No HARD feelings,
                    Tommy Boy! Get it?" Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! I knew you would. See y'all
                    back on AT & WC."

                    Poof! He was gone in a cloud of Old Sun smoke and mirror images.

                    As I heaved a sigh of relief, I logged on to my laptop, opened up AT
                    and what should I be reading but the wondrously encouraging words of
                    Doctor Simone. What a synchronicity. No! Much more than that! A
                    synchro-dippity-doo!!! The Doctor saved me from Dornach, got Dottie
                    off the hook, and validated my clever self-absorption!

                    Doctor Echo? You've redeemed Narcissus!

                    So me muddah tanks you. Me faddah tanks you. But most of all, I tank you!

                    THE END

                    Well, Doc Simone, now that you have rescued me with your positive
                    encouragement, I shall dedicate the rest of my life to making you
                    laugh (I give up on Dottie). Frau Doktor Simone, I feel so grateful to
                    you that I hereby wish to donate all three of my bodies to whatever
                    hospital you work in. Please, you can cut, slice and dice my body
                    anywhere! Need any organs for transplants?

                    Whew! It was a close call, but somehow the Good Guys triumph in the end.

                    Oh my God, ladies and gentlemen of the Steiner Internet! Do you now
                    realize what this means? If you thought I was insufferable before!!!!.
                    . . Well, you ain't seen nuthin' yet!!!! In honor of Dottie and Doc
                    Simone, I shall now raise insufferabilty to dizzying new heights never
                    imagined or imposed on people before!!!

                    But look on the bright side. The more insufferable I get, the more
                    compassion you Grail Knights and Ladies get to pour out.

                    "Through insufferability, wisdom"

                    Father Tom, Judas Priest

                    PS Oh, note for Frank, I almost forgot. Please don't be jealous,
                    Frank, whatever glory I receive, I will always reflect it back up to
                    you as my Holy Father. And to show my appreciation for you, I am now
                    going to take down the holy plaque I have hanging below the revered
                    portrait of Saint Ignatius of Loyola which hangs front and center in
                    my little chapel room. On this plaque is the cherished motto of the
                    Jesuit order, coined by Ignatius himself: It reads:

                    AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM. "To the Greater Glory of God"

                    I am going to cross out "Dei" and have it re-engraved to read:

                    AD MAIOREM FRANCISCI GLORIAM. "To the Greater Glory of Frank"

                    Only one caveat, Frank, hence this warning: when I put the plaque back
                    up, the Jesuit karma shall be upon ya. (I need to state this in order
                    to limit my own karmic liability.)
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 6, 2007
                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
                      <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Simone,
                      >
                      > What a karmik-kosmik-komik Godsend you are, and not just because of
                      > your deliciously gushing, kind, appreciative and encouraging words,
                      > but because you heard my melancholic (I mean melodramatic) cries of
                      > despair and came to my rescue in a way that poor beleaguered (I mean,
                      > besieged) Dottie couldn't.
                      >
                      > (Plus I'm glad that Frank knows you so well; otherwise he and others
                      > would have accused you of being my troll.)
                      >
                      > (Dottie, it's really OK, the karmic pressure's off you now. I don't
                      > need you to rescue me anymore. Instead, God sent another Los Angeles
                      > Saviour for me.)
                      >
                      > Oh God, Doc Simone, do you realize how close my cleverness came to
                      > being snatched away by Ahriman? 2.4 nanometers, the width of a DNA
                      > molecule, and just in the nick of karmic time (kairos), you came to my
                      > rescue. [Sigh] My Heroine!!! [Swoon]
                      >
                      > [NOTE: While I am unconscious here in my swoon, I quote the Steiner
                      > verse below for those who may not know or remember the relevant
                      > lecture reference.]

                      I showed this post to my wife because I wanted a 3rd world opinion as
                      to which of us is nuts, Tom or me. She asked: Who *is* this guy? You
                      remember, I said, ages ago in Steiner 98 he thought we was Hercule
                      Poirot when I was Holm(e)s. "Yes," she confirmed, looking at me
                      strangely. "And he went to the Army Language School and was in M.I. in
                      Germany just like me," I explaioned. "Now he's worried about losing
                      his cleverness," she said. "If he was in M.I. he can't be very
                      clever." You see, Tom, I spilled the beans. Instead of sticking with
                      the cloak and dagger stuff, escaping from the GDR (East Germany) by
                      the skin of my teeth, hopping over the fence when my beautiful
                      Fräulein accomplice gets her nylon stocking caught in the barbed wire
                      and is shot and falls dead on the wrong side of the wall - but I,
                      despite wounds in head, chest and groin (thinking, feeling, willing)
                      fall on the right side and live after treatment by a dying
                      anthroposophical Doktor. But no, in a surge of misguided intimacy, I
                      revealed to her that it was all bullshit, that in M.I. even the
                      uncleverest of us can goof off selling PX cigarettes and trading
                      European dollars (Dottie 2007) to the natives by just *being* there.
                      In officers' case, the uncleverer the better. Apropop, we have a
                      German volunteer draft dodger here in the school (doing "social" work
                      instead of the obligatory military service in Germany.) He was having
                      dinner with us and somehow the subject of potatoes came up. I told him
                      that Steiner said they make you dumb. "Really?" he said.
                      "Donnerwetter, we eat a lot of potatoes at home." Then I told him
                      some spy stories, fe, that we sent spies into the GDR. He asked if *I*
                      actually went into East Germany. "No, no, too dangerous; we sent Germans."
                      "Ach, of course," he exclaimed. "They ate pototoes."

                      Frank
                    • Simone
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 6, 2007
                        Wow Tom!
                        I couldn't have a clue my words would be of such great impact, I
                        start suspecting I may be unawaressly experiencing psychograph, but
                        since it worked in the best interest of your salvation, it must be an
                        Angel who was guiding my fingers through the keyboard. I wish I knew
                        which Angel is this who, between 300 other subscribers, chose my yahoo
                        ID to be the messenger of your redemption and rescue from Ahriman's
                        claws but, besides a feather, very white and shinny I found by my right
                        speaker last Friday, the only tip I've on his identity is that he
                        isn't a native English speaker. Anyways, whoever he is, it was a
                        heavenly message, what comes to proof that, even those being consumed by
                        their own cleverness and suspended from Michael's school are never
                        forgotten or given up by the Angelic beings who will mobilize and make
                        use of the most improbable means to their rescue in crucial moments. So
                        that, you're as clever as you used to be (and your description of
                        the facts succeeded is a proof in itself that you refused Ahriman's
                        deal) I'm pleased and entertained by you clever rhetoric, so I can
                        peacefully return to a lurking mode and enjoy the daily show, and
                        I'd guess even Ahriman's cool, I mean, warm, I mean, he
                        isn't as cold as he uses to be, since from what I've been
                        observing, the prince of lies was telling the truth when he told you his
                        bidding through Lucifer business was going pretty well (and there goes
                        another soul… Wow)

                        Cheers and hugs from the city of angels,
                        Frau Dok Simone

                        ----
> [...]
                        >
                        > AHRIMAN: (READING)

                        > For when the Luciferic powers are victorious over the Ahrimanic in the
                        > ether-body, then the person becomes a liar, he becomes an habitual
                        > liar [Pathological liar]
                        > In that case he is obviously not moral; and so he falls out of the
                        > world within which Lucifer would like to secure him. Instead of making
                        > him a moral automaton, Lucifer has turned him into a liar.
                        > And, strange as it may seem, the fact that the person becomes addicted
                        > to lying is a weapon in the hands of the good Powers, to aid them in
                        > rescuing him from Lucifer. For when someone turns liar, — well,
                        that
                        > can be ameliorated in the further course of karma; whereas if Lucifer
                        > were really to gain the victory he seeks, the Earth would lose that
                        > human soul, it would soar right away above the Earth.

                        ---
> [...]
                        >
                        > "Through insufferability, wisdom"
                        >

                        > Father Tom, Judas Priest
                        >

                        > PS Oh, note for Frank, I almost forgot. Please don't be jealous,
                        > Frank, whatever glory I receive, I will always reflect it back up to
                        > you as my Holy Father. And to show my appreciation for you, I am now
                        > going to take down the holy plaque I have hanging below the revered
                        > portrait of Saint Ignatius of Loyola which hangs front and center in
                        > my little chapel room. On this plaque is the cherished motto of the
                        > Jesuit order, coined by Ignatius himself: It reads:
                        >
                        > AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM. "To the Greater Glory of God"
                        >
                        > I am going to cross out "Dei" and have it re-engraved to read:
                        >
                        > AD MAIOREM FRANCISCI GLORIAM. "To the Greater Glory of Frank"
                        >
                        > Only one caveat, Frank, hence this warning: when I put the plaque back
                        > up, the Jesuit karma shall be upon ya. (I need to state this in order

                      • carol
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 6, 2007
                          Well, I think that this peice is quite creative. (I'm not going to let
                          it pass unoticed)

                          If I'm able to recollect correctly, I beleive that at some point RS
                          stipulated that a future Anthroposophical task will be to develop the
                          ability to communicate spirit concepts in everyday language.

                          I beleive this effort of Tom's reflects his way of interpreting this
                          very progressive need.

                          c.

                          ----