Re: Kaspar Hauser: the Pity-Party-Poster-Boy of Misery

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

      > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
      > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
      >
      > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't
      Arabs.

      > DeborahB

      ==============================

      What? You mean . . .

      Oh, what the hell, you know how it is, just like those inscrutable
      Orientals --- they all look alike.

      OK, Lt. LaQue, maybe you need to brief me on the difference before I
      give the my next lecture out here? For example, did you know that the
      new mayor of Beverly Hills is a Persian/Iranian? I guess I better not
      talk about Gondi-shapur, right? That's in Saudi Arabia, right? But
      it's all desert out there anyway. Sand, camels, oil.

      Reminds me of a great gaffe I made a few years back when I was
      introduced to a new graduate student in the physics dept at
      Vanderbilt. He had just arrived from India, so, in my gregarious way,
      I said: "Oh I just love Hindu cooking." He looked daggers at me and
      said rather peevishly: "I am from Pakistan." To which I replied:
      "Well, I love shish-kabob, too." Luckily someone jumped in to inform
      him about his new computer, thus mercifully marginalizing me.

      Maybe I do have a future in International Relations, eh?

      Generalissimo T
    • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
        Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian acquaintance
        who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
        Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction although
        I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just linguistics. I
        was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
        corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.

        Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
        Lt.LaQ
        ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
      • tmasthenes13
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

          > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
          >...............................++++++++..............................

          Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?

          My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
          by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

            > Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian
            acquaintance
            > who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
            > Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction
            although
            > I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just
            linguistics. I
            > was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
            > corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.
            >
            > Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
            > Lt.LaQ
            > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli

            Well let's have a party at the pool on Christmas Eve. As far as I
            think I know, the sure sign of an Arab is that he/she speaks Arabic.
            Iranians, Afganis as such types that look like Arabs and pray like
            Arabs have their own languages. What they have in common is Islam.
            Btw, before we or me starts knocking Islam, know ye that there is an
            esoteric Islam called Sufiism. Furthermore, when I lived and worked in
            Geneva I had an Islamic colleague (forget his nationality) I used to
            play chess with. He explained to me that the Quran is an esoteric text
            - something about every 19th word having a special meaning, or the
            19th words put together mean something "occult". I never looked into
            it further.
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
              <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@ wrote:
              > >
              > > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
              > >...............................++++++++..............................
              >
              > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
              >
              > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
              > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!

              Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
              etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
              boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
              a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
              comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
              to the bottom (sic) of it.
              Blessings on both your tsks.
              P.P.I.
            • tmasthenes13
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

                ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

                > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                > >
                > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                > >
                > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                > to the bottom (sic) of it.
                > Blessings on both your tsks.
                > P.P.I.

                Your Holiness,

                You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
                one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
                seniority issue.

                If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
                Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
                DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
                in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
                in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

                I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
                regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
                and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
                for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
                which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
                membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

                Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
                involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
                beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
                Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
                course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
                of the Steiner Internet era.

                Generalissimo Tomaso
              • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                  Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
                  than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
                  of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
                  teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
                  your all's beeswax.

                  Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
                  promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
                  water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                  ??LaQ
                • carol
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

                    Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

                    Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

                    Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

                    In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

                    Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

                    At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

                    Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

                    Carol.

                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                    > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                    > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                    >
                    > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
                    >
                    > DeborahB

                  • JoAnn Schwartz
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
                      --- LaQ wrote:

                      > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
                      > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
                      > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
                      > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                      Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

                      Sgt. Sweetpea

                      "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel