Re: Kaspar Hauser

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
      > It is what one struggles with when researching
      > something back and forth and forth and back.

      Ok then Dottie, be happy in the misery of going back and forth...I'm
      thinking of an old ditty about the proverbial ramblin' rover coming to
      the end of his/her life...

      If you've been a man (woman)of action
      Though you're lying there in traction
      You will get some satisfaction
      Thinkin', "Jasus, at least oi troid"

      Gman

      > All good things,
      > Dottie
      > --- gaelman58 <gaelman58@...> wrote:
      >
      > > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
      > > dottie zold
      > > <dottie_z@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > 'I want to be a rider like my father.'
      > > >
      > > > Well, its interesting to look at these words anew.
      > > And
      > > > it occurs to me to ask who else could have said
      > > these
      > > > words. And the only other I come upon
      > > interestingly
      > > > enough is Elisha, the great student of Elijah.
      > > Well,
      > > > actually there is a double mystery, no pun
      > > intended.
      > > > Well, that's interesting enough as well, how that
      > > came
      > > > out about 'a double mystery'. For if we look at
      > > the
      > > > Elisha and the Elijah we have to know there are
      > > seven
      > > > layers as so brought forth by Rudolf Steiner. But
      > > that
      > > > is neither here nor there. ....oh boy I so dislike
      > > > when I get into this mystery mode of seeing more
      > > than
      > > > the one mystery looking out at me because it
      > > actually
      > > > makes me lose ground for those that would look to
      > > see
      > > > what the HELL I am talking about. Okay, old Dottie
      > > > time over...
      > > >

      > > > So, (sorry about that) so, it seems to me that we
      > > can
      > > > find in Kaspar Hauser something to do possibly
      > > with
      > > > the Elisha Elijah mystery, therefore the John the
      > > > Baptist Jesus mystery, and therefore the two sons
      > > of
      > > > Abraham mystery.
      > > >
      > > > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If
      > > we
      > > > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can
      > > understand
      > > > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a
      > > rider
      > > > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
      > > >
      > > > All good things,
      > > > Dottie
      > > >
      > > > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the
      > > mark
      > > > please put me out of my misery.
      > >
      > > Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your
      > > considerations...I wouldn't
      > > think that authenic revelations would have that
      > > aspect of "misery"
      > > to them...neither would authenic revelation
      > > necessarily demand an
      > > outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth
      > > of understanding
      > > for the revelations already given us ought to
> [...]
    • tmasthenes13
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
        > It is what one struggles with when researching
        > something back and forth and forth and back.
        >
        > All good things,
        > Dottie
        =====================================

        Hi Dottie,

        Thank you for bringing up Kaspar Hauser here, because he holds the key
        to understanding our karmic knots which make for such beautifully ugly
        great lumps in our destiny tapestries. (Magic Persian flying carpets
        anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference. I hope Carol will fill us in on
        the soul-spiritual background of such Persian vehicles.)

        Of course, Dottie, you got me reminiscing about the great performance
        Glen Williamson put on during the last Anthroposophia Conference back
        in April 2006 which you so ably organized and made successful. Here
        is your message to AT about it.

        He did his one man show of Kasper Hauser and it was the most
        professionally done theater piece I have ever seen in all my years on
        the anthro circuit.

        You mention a keyword up above in your response to Gman. That is
        "misery." You know the old saying "Misery loves company." Such a
        saying evokes the Grail motto "Durch Mitleid Wissen" or "Wisdom
        through compassion."

        Now we live in an age of such enhanced self-consciousness that I call
        it "hyper-self-consciousness" in order to call attention to its most
        obvious characteristic: our modern, post Kali Yuga phenomenon of
        absolutely phenomenal self-absorption in the physical body that is
        best described as Narcissism, or the shrinks have a term for it
        NPD=Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

        In anthroposophical terms, such deep self-absorption results from the
        etheric body, in its alias as the "formative forces" body, becoming
        such a photographically identical copy of the physical body that it
        becomes trapped in, or paralyzed by the deadness of the physical body.
        Thus does Imagination truly become captured and paralyzed by the
        physical. (Also, drinking too much coffee enhances this photographic
        realism effect.)

        But from the viewpoint of the hierarchies, such a happening is quite
        beyond both Lucifer (fallen Angel) and Ahriman (fallen Archangel). It
        is Asuric in nature; therefore fallen Archon. Asuras are fallen
        Spirits of Personality, also called Spirits of Darkness.

        [[[ NOTE TO CAROL: Please consider that the next higher level, the
        Exusiai are the Spirits of Form. You made reference to our
        personality-driven Internet interactions. So we have this dilemma that
        the etheric body is the formative force body. Ahriman, a fallen
        Archangel, has a keen focus on invading the etheric body, and then we
        have the Spirits of Form. But in-between are the Asuras, the Spirits
        of Personality, also called the Spirits of Darkness.]]]

        All this is to reach the observation that when the Grail motto is
        followed today, and absorbed into our Spirit of Darkness-inspired
        Narcissistic personalities with our intensely sensitive,
        hypervigilant, hyper-self-consciousness, then the compassion is
        trapped inside, as it must be, for this phase of our evolution. In
        short, we have become masters of Self-Pity. I would venture to
        estimate that 99% of what we deem today as acts of compassion for
        others are really acts of feeling sorry for ourselves. Or, to put it
        another way, we actually get high or drunk on the sweet feelings we
        derive from having compassion for others.

        And Dottie, all this is meant as a sincere tribute to you, because you
        perceived in me this same deeply ingrained self-pity in which I
        wallow. You recognized it correctly as deriving from my devout
        Catholic childhood, self-pity alternating with a deep sense of
        entitlement.

        You have also recognized it acutely in others, namely in Joel Wendt
        and in Bradford Riley, these Amfortas wounded warriors, whining in
        their maudlin, melodramatic --- but NOT melancholic! --- self-pity,
        crying in their respective beers, over the terribly unfair blows of
        fate that struck them early on in life. I also notice that this
        particular style of "pity partying" is very much a "guy thing."

        Ladies here could discuss that gender-related aspect, but what I
        notice about you, Dottie, is that your ability to recognize this
        whining self-pity in others, is an expression of the fact that, you
        yourself know how to wallow. As the saying goes: "It takes one to know
        one."

        And what I notice now is that you have retreated from our
        conversations here, to lick your wounds, as I have mine, and that it
        is highly significant that you should now be speaking
        about misery in the context of Kaspar Hauser.

        What I have realized this morning, on the Day of the Dead, is that
        Kasper Hauser has become the "poster boy" as it were, of
        anthroposophical "self-pity partying." Indeed the figure of Kaspar
        Hauser now replaces the figure of Parsifal in our 2nd Quarter of
        Consciousness Soul epoch.

        I can hear the wailing and moaning right now: Oh, if only Kaspar
        Hauser had lived; if only Kaspar Hauser had taken his rightful place
        of destiny, then Central Europe would have become this utopia; we
        never would have had the world wars, never would have had Hitler, on
        and on, oh woe is me, woe is us, Oh misery! Oh terrible fate! Wah,
        wah, wah, wah. Blubber-blubber, blubber. Alas, alack, We are stricken.
        We are doomed.

        Someone please play a dirge on violin. "Hearts and Flowers" anyone?

        Wait, better yet. Frank, have the swing band cue up: "Sentimental
        Journey."

        So, Dottie, thank you for sharing your own misery with us through the
        figure of Kaspar Hauser. We couldn't have a pity party without you
        or Kaspar.

        OK, everybody, let's cry us all a river!!!

        Tom
      • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
          < (Magic Persian flying carpets
          anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>

          Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.

          DeborahB
        • tmasthenes13
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

            > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
            > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
            >
            > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't
            Arabs.

            > DeborahB

            ==============================

            What? You mean . . .

            Oh, what the hell, you know how it is, just like those inscrutable
            Orientals --- they all look alike.

            OK, Lt. LaQue, maybe you need to brief me on the difference before I
            give the my next lecture out here? For example, did you know that the
            new mayor of Beverly Hills is a Persian/Iranian? I guess I better not
            talk about Gondi-shapur, right? That's in Saudi Arabia, right? But
            it's all desert out there anyway. Sand, camels, oil.

            Reminds me of a great gaffe I made a few years back when I was
            introduced to a new graduate student in the physics dept at
            Vanderbilt. He had just arrived from India, so, in my gregarious way,
            I said: "Oh I just love Hindu cooking." He looked daggers at me and
            said rather peevishly: "I am from Pakistan." To which I replied:
            "Well, I love shish-kabob, too." Luckily someone jumped in to inform
            him about his new computer, thus mercifully marginalizing me.

            Maybe I do have a future in International Relations, eh?

            Generalissimo T
          • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
              Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian acquaintance
              who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
              Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction although
              I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just linguistics. I
              was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
              corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.

              Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
              Lt.LaQ
              ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
            • tmasthenes13
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                >...............................++++++++..............................

                Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?

                My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                  > Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian
                  acquaintance
                  > who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                  > Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction
                  although
                  > I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just
                  linguistics. I
                  > was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                  > corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.
                  >
                  > Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                  > Lt.LaQ
                  > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli

                  Well let's have a party at the pool on Christmas Eve. As far as I
                  think I know, the sure sign of an Arab is that he/she speaks Arabic.
                  Iranians, Afganis as such types that look like Arabs and pray like
                  Arabs have their own languages. What they have in common is Islam.
                  Btw, before we or me starts knocking Islam, know ye that there is an
                  esoteric Islam called Sufiism. Furthermore, when I lived and worked in
                  Geneva I had an Islamic colleague (forget his nationality) I used to
                  play chess with. He explained to me that the Quran is an esoteric text
                  - something about every 19th word having a special meaning, or the
                  19th words put together mean something "occult". I never looked into
                  it further.
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
                    <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                    > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                    > >...............................++++++++..............................
                    >
                    > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                    >
                    > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                    > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!

                    Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                    etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                    boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                    a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                    comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                    to the bottom (sic) of it.
                    Blessings on both your tsks.
                    P.P.I.
                  • tmasthenes13
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

                      ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

                      > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                      > >
                      > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                      > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                      > >
                      > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                      > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                      > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                      > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                      > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                      > to the bottom (sic) of it.
                      > Blessings on both your tsks.
                      > P.P.I.

                      Your Holiness,

                      You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
                      one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
                      seniority issue.

                      If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
                      Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
                      DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
                      in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
                      in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

                      I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
                      regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
                      and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
                      for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
                      which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
                      membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

                      Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
                      involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
                      beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
                      Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
                      course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
                      of the Steiner Internet era.

                      Generalissimo Tomaso
                    • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                        Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
                        than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
                        of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
                        teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
                        your all's beeswax.

                        Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
                        promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
                        water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                        ??LaQ
                      • carol
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

                          Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

                          Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

                          Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

                          In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

                          Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

                          At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

                          Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

                          Carol.

                          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                          > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                          > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                          >
                          > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
                          >
                          > DeborahB

                        • JoAnn Schwartz
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
                            --- LaQ wrote:

                            > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
                            > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
                            > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
                            > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                            Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

                            Sgt. Sweetpea

                            "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel