Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Kaspar Hauser

    Message 1 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
      Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
      It is what one struggles with when researching
      something back and forth and forth and back.

      All good things,
      Dottie

      mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
        > It is what one struggles with when researching
        > something back and forth and forth and back.

        Ok then Dottie, be happy in the misery of going back and forth...I'm
        thinking of an old ditty about the proverbial ramblin' rover coming to
        the end of his/her life...

        If you've been a man (woman)of action
        Though you're lying there in traction
        You will get some satisfaction
        Thinkin', "Jasus, at least oi troid"

        Gman

> [...]
        > > >
        > > > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If
        > > we
        > > > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can
        > > understand
        > > > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a
        > > rider
        > > > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
        > > >
        > > > All good things,
        > > > Dottie
        > > >
        > > > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the
        > > mark
        > > > please put me out of my misery.
        > >
        > > Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your
        > > considerations...I wouldn't
        > > think that authenic revelations would have that
        > > aspect of "misery"
        > > to them...neither would authenic revelation
        > > necessarily demand an
        > > outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth
        > > of understanding
        > > for the revelations already given us ought to

      • tmasthenes13
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
          <dottie_z@...> wrote:

          > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
          > It is what one struggles with when researching
          > something back and forth and forth and back.
          >
          > All good things,
          > Dottie
          =====================================

          Hi Dottie,

          Thank you for bringing up Kaspar Hauser here, because he holds the key
          to understanding our karmic knots which make for such beautifully ugly
          great lumps in our destiny tapestries. (Magic Persian flying carpets
          anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference. I hope Carol will fill us in on
          the soul-spiritual background of such Persian vehicles.)

          Of course, Dottie, you got me reminiscing about the great performance
          Glen Williamson put on during the last Anthroposophia Conference back
          in April 2006 which you so ably organized and made successful. Here
          is your message to AT about it.

          He did his one man show of Kasper Hauser and it was the most
          professionally done theater piece I have ever seen in all my years on
          the anthro circuit.

          You mention a keyword up above in your response to Gman. That is
          "misery." You know the old saying "Misery loves company." Such a
          saying evokes the Grail motto "Durch Mitleid Wissen" or "Wisdom
          through compassion."

          Now we live in an age of such enhanced self-consciousness that I call
          it "hyper-self-consciousness" in order to call attention to its most
          obvious characteristic: our modern, post Kali Yuga phenomenon of
          absolutely phenomenal self-absorption in the physical body that is
          best described as Narcissism, or the shrinks have a term for it
          NPD=Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

          In anthroposophical terms, such deep self-absorption results from the
          etheric body, in its alias as the "formative forces" body, becoming
          such a photographically identical copy of the physical body that it
          becomes trapped in, or paralyzed by the deadness of the physical body.
          Thus does Imagination truly become captured and paralyzed by the
          physical. (Also, drinking too much coffee enhances this photographic
          realism effect.)

          But from the viewpoint of the hierarchies, such a happening is quite
          beyond both Lucifer (fallen Angel) and Ahriman (fallen Archangel). It
          is Asuric in nature; therefore fallen Archon. Asuras are fallen
          Spirits of Personality, also called Spirits of Darkness.

          [[[ NOTE TO CAROL: Please consider that the next higher level, the
          Exusiai are the Spirits of Form. You made reference to our
          personality-driven Internet interactions. So we have this dilemma that
          the etheric body is the formative force body. Ahriman, a fallen
          Archangel, has a keen focus on invading the etheric body, and then we
          have the Spirits of Form. But in-between are the Asuras, the Spirits
          of Personality, also called the Spirits of Darkness.]]]

          All this is to reach the observation that when the Grail motto is
          followed today, and absorbed into our Spirit of Darkness-inspired
          Narcissistic personalities with our intensely sensitive,
          hypervigilant, hyper-self-consciousness, then the compassion is
          trapped inside, as it must be, for this phase of our evolution. In
          short, we have become masters of Self-Pity. I would venture to
          estimate that 99% of what we deem today as acts of compassion for
          others are really acts of feeling sorry for ourselves. Or, to put it
          another way, we actually get high or drunk on the sweet feelings we
          derive from having compassion for others.

          And Dottie, all this is meant as a sincere tribute to you, because you
          perceived in me this same deeply ingrained self-pity in which I
          wallow. You recognized it correctly as deriving from my devout
          Catholic childhood, self-pity alternating with a deep sense of
          entitlement.

          You have also recognized it acutely in others, namely in Joel Wendt
          and in Bradford Riley, these Amfortas wounded warriors, whining in
          their maudlin, melodramatic --- but NOT melancholic! --- self-pity,
          crying in their respective beers, over the terribly unfair blows of
          fate that struck them early on in life. I also notice that this
          particular style of "pity partying" is very much a "guy thing."

          Ladies here could discuss that gender-related aspect, but what I
          notice about you, Dottie, is that your ability to recognize this
          whining self-pity in others, is an expression of the fact that, you
          yourself know how to wallow. As the saying goes: "It takes one to know
          one."

          And what I notice now is that you have retreated from our
          conversations here, to lick your wounds, as I have mine, and that it
          is highly significant that you should now be speaking
          about misery in the context of Kaspar Hauser.

          What I have realized this morning, on the Day of the Dead, is that
          Kasper Hauser has become the "poster boy" as it were, of
          anthroposophical "self-pity partying." Indeed the figure of Kaspar
          Hauser now replaces the figure of Parsifal in our 2nd Quarter of
          Consciousness Soul epoch.

          I can hear the wailing and moaning right now: Oh, if only Kaspar
          Hauser had lived; if only Kaspar Hauser had taken his rightful place
          of destiny, then Central Europe would have become this utopia; we
          never would have had the world wars, never would have had Hitler, on
          and on, oh woe is me, woe is us, Oh misery! Oh terrible fate! Wah,
          wah, wah, wah. Blubber-blubber, blubber. Alas, alack, We are stricken.
          We are doomed.

          Someone please play a dirge on violin. "Hearts and Flowers" anyone?

          Wait, better yet. Frank, have the swing band cue up: "Sentimental
          Journey."

          So, Dottie, thank you for sharing your own misery with us through the
          figure of Kaspar Hauser. We couldn't have a pity party without you
          or Kaspar.

          OK, everybody, let's cry us all a river!!!

          Tom
        • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
            < (Magic Persian flying carpets
            anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>

            Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.

            DeborahB
          • tmasthenes13
            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

              > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
              > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
              >
              > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't
              Arabs.

              > DeborahB

              ==============================

              What? You mean . . .

              Oh, what the hell, you know how it is, just like those inscrutable
              Orientals --- they all look alike.

              OK, Lt. LaQue, maybe you need to brief me on the difference before I
              give the my next lecture out here? For example, did you know that the
              new mayor of Beverly Hills is a Persian/Iranian? I guess I better not
              talk about Gondi-shapur, right? That's in Saudi Arabia, right? But
              it's all desert out there anyway. Sand, camels, oil.

              Reminds me of a great gaffe I made a few years back when I was
              introduced to a new graduate student in the physics dept at
              Vanderbilt. He had just arrived from India, so, in my gregarious way,
              I said: "Oh I just love Hindu cooking." He looked daggers at me and
              said rather peevishly: "I am from Pakistan." To which I replied:
              "Well, I love shish-kabob, too." Luckily someone jumped in to inform
              him about his new computer, thus mercifully marginalizing me.

              Maybe I do have a future in International Relations, eh?

              Generalissimo T
            • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian acquaintance
                who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction although
                I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just linguistics. I
                was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.

                Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                Lt.LaQ
                ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
              • tmasthenes13
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                  > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                  >...............................++++++++..............................

                  Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?

                  My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                  by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                    > Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian
                    acquaintance
                    > who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                    > Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction
                    although
                    > I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just
                    linguistics. I
                    > was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                    > corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.
                    >
                    > Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                    > Lt.LaQ
                    > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli

                    Well let's have a party at the pool on Christmas Eve. As far as I
                    think I know, the sure sign of an Arab is that he/she speaks Arabic.
                    Iranians, Afganis as such types that look like Arabs and pray like
                    Arabs have their own languages. What they have in common is Islam.
                    Btw, before we or me starts knocking Islam, know ye that there is an
                    esoteric Islam called Sufiism. Furthermore, when I lived and worked in
                    Geneva I had an Islamic colleague (forget his nationality) I used to
                    play chess with. He explained to me that the Quran is an esoteric text
                    - something about every 19th word having a special meaning, or the
                    19th words put together mean something "occult". I never looked into
                    it further.
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
                      <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                      > >...............................++++++++..............................
                      >
                      > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                      >
                      > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                      > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!

                      Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                      etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                      boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                      a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                      comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                      to the bottom (sic) of it.
                      Blessings on both your tsks.
                      P.P.I.
                    • tmasthenes13
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

                        ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

                        > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                        > >
                        > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                        > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                        > >
                        > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                        > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                        > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                        > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                        > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                        > to the bottom (sic) of it.
                        > Blessings on both your tsks.
                        > P.P.I.

                        Your Holiness,

                        You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
                        one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
                        seniority issue.

                        If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
                        Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
                        DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
                        in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
                        in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

                        I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
                        regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
                        and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
                        for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
                        which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
                        membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

                        Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
                        involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
                        beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
                        Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
                        course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
                        of the Steiner Internet era.

                        Generalissimo Tomaso
                      • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                          Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
                          than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
                          of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
                          teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
                          your all's beeswax.

                          Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
                          promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
                          water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                          ??LaQ
                        • carol
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

                            Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

                            Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

                            Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

                            In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

                            Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

                            At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

                            Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

                            Carol.

                            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                            > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                            > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                            >
                            > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
                            >
                            > DeborahB

                          • JoAnn Schwartz
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
                              --- LaQ wrote:

                              > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
                              > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
                              > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
                              > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                              Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

                              Sgt. Sweetpea

                              "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel