Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Dog and pony show

  • M Howell
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 31, 2007

      There is nothing to it really.

      P.S. Staudemaire

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: carol
      Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:34 PM
      Subject: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Dog and pony show

      Frank, one of the rules that I can remember when wanting to paste
      pictures is go onto the great web yourself. Don't use Google images
      because they seem to be generally locked. (for easy pasting)

      You can try copying a picture directly from a given site, and then paste
      it directly onto your yahoo message. If it appears as a image, then it
      should show up after it's sent. If not, then you have to use your own
      computer programs first, and then somehow paste it. This is where I
      find myself playing piano and don't quite remember the paths I use.

      I suspect that Bradford has his method mastered. I don't know what it
      is. It's probably quite structured. C.

      --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, "Frank Thomas Smith"
      <eltrigal78@ ...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_ tomorrow@ yahoogroups. com, dottie zold
      > dottie_z@ wrote:
      > > Can you just imagine Diana if we had to change
      > > everything you found offensive? There'd be no spirit
      > > understanding in the world past your own. There'd be
      > > no karma understanding past your own. In fact we could
      > > just call it Diana's world as that is what we would
      > > have to agree to in order for you not to be offended.
      > > Hmmmm, don't think so Diana, thanks anyway, but I like
      > > my freedom without the long nose or arms of others in
      > > my business.

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    • gaelman58
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 2, 2007
        <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "winters_diana"
        > <diana.winters@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Frank:
        > >
        > > > Ten years ago, when we started the rural W-school here, I was
        > talking
        > > > to the parents and introduced a teacher who had volunteered to
        > teach
        > > > German free of charge (until she found another - paying - job it
        > > > turned out). A mother raised her hand and asked: "Why German"? I
        > thought that she might be Jewish and was referring to Germany's
        > > > history, so I said something about German being one of the modern
        > > > world's important languages and culturally and pedagogically
        > > > significant, bla, bla. The came my cruncher though: And this
        > German
        > > > teacher is Jewish! The mother stared at me in bewilderment. "So
        > what,"
        > > > she said. "What I mean is: Who not Quechua?" (a native indigenous
        > > > language, almost extinct.) Silence. Then I asked. "Do you know a
        > > > Quechua teacher?" She didn't. "So we'll teach German," I
        > said.
        > > > Moral: It ain't so easy.
        > >
        > Diana: Frank, it is fascinating to speculate on what you think this
        > story
        > > signifies.
        >
        > F: Read, Diana, just read what I wrote. My post was in reference to
        > what JoAnn wrote about teaching Native American, African etc stuff
        > in schools. SO...what I think this story signifies is what I
        > wrote: "IT AIN'T SO EASY." I put it in caps in case you need to
        > upgrade your glasses.
        >
        > The mind boggles.
        >
        > Frank: Diana, your mind has been boggling ever since I've known you.
        > Nothing new.
        >
        > D: The parent who questioned why German must
        > > have been Jewish?
        >
        > F: In fact I wrote: "I thought that she *might* be Jewish and was
        > referring to Germany's history,..." So why do you continuously
        > misquote - at least me? The last time you said I agreed
        > that "earthy" is racist, when I actually said the opposite. You
        > apologized, I accepted...but here you go again. How about paying
        > attention.
        >
        > D: Hello?
        > F: Hello? what?
        >
        > D: The "cruncher" was that the German teacher was
        > > Jewish! How to fathom such a thing? I don't know how you make
        > sense of
        > > it all Frank, the world is just so complicated eh?
        >
        > F: The world is complicaed, yeah; the story isn't though if you'd
        > use only an ounce of the neurons God gave you.
        >
        > Frank

        Au contraire, Monsieur Forgeron...it is quite clever in a nit-picky
        sort of way... but hasn't a clue when it comes to nuance...as a
        creature of will it has motives but probably without any insight into
        them at all...so, it doesn't have a clue with respect to what
        motivates you with regard to sharing an anecdote.

        It would recognize that the world is complicated...but not
        qualitatively nuanced...it has no appreciation of the quite human
        situation in which you were in...don't you remember the story about
        the kid in the Red Sox uniform?...it actually thought the story was
        about it...you mention "neurons", it will assume you think that brain
        and mind are the same thing.

        Ok, maybe you don't want to be a mean fucker...then spoon feed it...in
        this, Sardonicus will prove useless...G.