Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Kaspar Hauser

    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
      'I want to be a rider like my father.'

      Well, its interesting to look at these words anew. And
      it occurs to me to ask who else could have said these
      words. And the only other I come upon interestingly
      enough is Elisha, the great student of Elijah. Well,
      actually there is a double mystery, no pun intended.
      Well, that's interesting enough as well, how that came
      out about 'a double mystery'. For if we look at the
      Elisha and the Elijah we have to know there are seven
      layers as so brought forth by Rudolf Steiner. But that
      is neither here nor there. ....oh boy I so dislike
      when I get into this mystery mode of seeing more than
      the one mystery looking out at me because it actually
      makes me lose ground for those that would look to see
      what the HELL I am talking about. Okay, old Dottie
      time over...

      So, (sorry about that) so, it seems to me that we can
      find in Kaspar Hauser something to do possibly with
      the Elisha Elijah mystery, therefore the John the
      Baptist Jesus mystery, and therefore the two sons of
      Abraham mystery.

      What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If we
      know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can understand
      Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a rider
      like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.

      All good things,
      Dottie

      p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the mark
      please put me out of my misery.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • winters_diana
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
        Define civil rights Dottie.
        And how do you know I don't read to kids or work in a soup kitchen?

        Still enjoying Forest Row?

        <dottie_z@...> wrote:

        > Right, because of civil rights we will change our
        > crayolas. How about changing your thinking instead of
        > your crayolas Diana? Ever cross your mind. You are
        > screaming fire fire fire where there is none. Wanna do
        > something good Diana, go serve at a soup kitchen and
        > see how much your crayolas matter. Go donate your
        > time reading to the inner city kids or teaching them
        > to knit or joining a program that helps young ladies
        > to realize they do not have to do anything in order
        > to be loved. Then see how much your stupid crayolas
        > mean.
        >
        > All good things,
        > Dottie
        >
        > Emerson is incredible. I am so happy to be here.
        >

        > > The Dottessa:
        > >
        > > >Oh yes, lets change because of a crayon company.
        > >
        > > No, Dottie, not because of the crayon company. Have
        > > you heard about the
        > > civil rights movement?
        > >
        > > Are you enjoying your stay in Forest Row?
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > > (Yahoo! ID required)
        > >

        > mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • gaelman58
        Message 3 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
          <dottie_z@...> wrote:

          > 'I want to be a rider like my father.'
          >
          > Well, its interesting to look at these words anew. And
          > it occurs to me to ask who else could have said these
          > words. And the only other I come upon interestingly
          > enough is Elisha, the great student of Elijah. Well,
          > actually there is a double mystery, no pun intended.
          > Well, that's interesting enough as well, how that came
          > out about 'a double mystery'. For if we look at the
          > Elisha and the Elijah we have to know there are seven
          > layers as so brought forth by Rudolf Steiner. But that
          > is neither here nor there. ....oh boy I so dislike
          > when I get into this mystery mode of seeing more than
          > the one mystery looking out at me because it actually
          > makes me lose ground for those that would look to see
          > what the HELL I am talking about. Okay, old Dottie
          > time over...
          >

          > So, (sorry about that) so, it seems to me that we can
          > find in Kaspar Hauser something to do possibly with
          > the Elisha Elijah mystery, therefore the John the
          > Baptist Jesus mystery, and therefore the two sons of
          > Abraham mystery.
          >
          > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If we
          > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can understand
          > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a rider
          > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
          >
          > All good things,
          > Dottie
          >
          > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the mark
          > please put me out of my misery.

          Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your considerations...I wouldn't
          think that authenic revelations would have that aspect of "misery"
          to them...neither would authenic revelation necessarily demand an
          outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth of understanding
          for the revelations already given us ought to suffice...."On the
          other hand, Mr. Gaelman..."....Gman

          Message 4 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
            Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
            It is what one struggles with when researching
            something back and forth and forth and back.

            All good things,
            Dottie

            Message 5 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
              <dottie_z@...> wrote:

              > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
              > It is what one struggles with when researching
              > something back and forth and forth and back.

              Ok then Dottie, be happy in the misery of going back and forth...I'm
              thinking of an old ditty about the proverbial ramblin' rover coming to
              the end of his/her life...

              If you've been a man (woman)of action
              Though you're lying there in traction
              You will get some satisfaction
              Thinkin', "Jasus, at least oi troid"

              Gman

> [...]
              > > >
              > > > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If
              > > we
              > > > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can
              > > understand
              > > > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a
              > > rider
              > > > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
              > > >
              > > > All good things,
              > > > Dottie
              > > >
              > > > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the
              > > mark
              > > > please put me out of my misery.
              > >
              > > Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your
              > > considerations...I wouldn't
              > > think that authenic revelations would have that
              > > aspect of "misery"
              > > to them...neither would authenic revelation
              > > necessarily demand an
              > > outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth
              > > of understanding
              > > for the revelations already given us ought to

            • tmasthenes13
              Message 6 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
                > It is what one struggles with when researching
                > something back and forth and forth and back.
                >
                > All good things,
                > Dottie
                =====================================

                Hi Dottie,

                Thank you for bringing up Kaspar Hauser here, because he holds the key
                to understanding our karmic knots which make for such beautifully ugly
                great lumps in our destiny tapestries. (Magic Persian flying carpets
                anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference. I hope Carol will fill us in on
                the soul-spiritual background of such Persian vehicles.)

                Of course, Dottie, you got me reminiscing about the great performance
                Glen Williamson put on during the last Anthroposophia Conference back
                in April 2006 which you so ably organized and made successful. Here
                is your message to AT about it.

                He did his one man show of Kasper Hauser and it was the most
                professionally done theater piece I have ever seen in all my years on
                the anthro circuit.

                You mention a keyword up above in your response to Gman. That is
                "misery." You know the old saying "Misery loves company." Such a
                saying evokes the Grail motto "Durch Mitleid Wissen" or "Wisdom
                through compassion."

                Now we live in an age of such enhanced self-consciousness that I call
                it "hyper-self-consciousness" in order to call attention to its most
                obvious characteristic: our modern, post Kali Yuga phenomenon of
                absolutely phenomenal self-absorption in the physical body that is
                best described as Narcissism, or the shrinks have a term for it
                NPD=Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

                In anthroposophical terms, such deep self-absorption results from the
                etheric body, in its alias as the "formative forces" body, becoming
                such a photographically identical copy of the physical body that it
                becomes trapped in, or paralyzed by the deadness of the physical body.
                Thus does Imagination truly become captured and paralyzed by the
                physical. (Also, drinking too much coffee enhances this photographic
                realism effect.)

                But from the viewpoint of the hierarchies, such a happening is quite
                beyond both Lucifer (fallen Angel) and Ahriman (fallen Archangel). It
                is Asuric in nature; therefore fallen Archon. Asuras are fallen
                Spirits of Personality, also called Spirits of Darkness.

                [[[ NOTE TO CAROL: Please consider that the next higher level, the
                Exusiai are the Spirits of Form. You made reference to our
                personality-driven Internet interactions. So we have this dilemma that
                the etheric body is the formative force body. Ahriman, a fallen
                Archangel, has a keen focus on invading the etheric body, and then we
                have the Spirits of Form. But in-between are the Asuras, the Spirits
                of Personality, also called the Spirits of Darkness.]]]

                All this is to reach the observation that when the Grail motto is
                followed today, and absorbed into our Spirit of Darkness-inspired
                Narcissistic personalities with our intensely sensitive,
                hypervigilant, hyper-self-consciousness, then the compassion is
                trapped inside, as it must be, for this phase of our evolution. In
                short, we have become masters of Self-Pity. I would venture to
                estimate that 99% of what we deem today as acts of compassion for
                others are really acts of feeling sorry for ourselves. Or, to put it
                another way, we actually get high or drunk on the sweet feelings we
                derive from having compassion for others.

                And Dottie, all this is meant as a sincere tribute to you, because you
                perceived in me this same deeply ingrained self-pity in which I
                wallow. You recognized it correctly as deriving from my devout
                Catholic childhood, self-pity alternating with a deep sense of
                entitlement.

                You have also recognized it acutely in others, namely in Joel Wendt
                and in Bradford Riley, these Amfortas wounded warriors, whining in
                their maudlin, melodramatic --- but NOT melancholic! --- self-pity,
                crying in their respective beers, over the terribly unfair blows of
                fate that struck them early on in life. I also notice that this
                particular style of "pity partying" is very much a "guy thing."

                Ladies here could discuss that gender-related aspect, but what I
                notice about you, Dottie, is that your ability to recognize this
                whining self-pity in others, is an expression of the fact that, you
                yourself know how to wallow. As the saying goes: "It takes one to know
                one."

                And what I notice now is that you have retreated from our
                conversations here, to lick your wounds, as I have mine, and that it
                is highly significant that you should now be speaking
                about misery in the context of Kaspar Hauser.

                What I have realized this morning, on the Day of the Dead, is that
                Kasper Hauser has become the "poster boy" as it were, of
                anthroposophical "self-pity partying." Indeed the figure of Kaspar
                Hauser now replaces the figure of Parsifal in our 2nd Quarter of
                Consciousness Soul epoch.

                I can hear the wailing and moaning right now: Oh, if only Kaspar
                Hauser had lived; if only Kaspar Hauser had taken his rightful place
                of destiny, then Central Europe would have become this utopia; we
                never would have had the world wars, never would have had Hitler, on
                and on, oh woe is me, woe is us, Oh misery! Oh terrible fate! Wah,
                wah, wah, wah. Blubber-blubber, blubber. Alas, alack, We are stricken.
                We are doomed.

                Someone please play a dirge on violin. "Hearts and Flowers" anyone?

                Wait, better yet. Frank, have the swing band cue up: "Sentimental
                Journey."

                So, Dottie, thank you for sharing your own misery with us through the
                figure of Kaspar Hauser. We couldn't have a pity party without you
                or Kaspar.

                OK, everybody, let's cry us all a river!!!

                Tom
              • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                  < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                  anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>

                  Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.

                  DeborahB
                • tmasthenes13
                  Message 8 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                    > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                    > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                    >
                    > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't
                    Arabs.

                    > DeborahB

                    ==============================

                    What? You mean . . .

                    Oh, what the hell, you know how it is, just like those inscrutable
                    Orientals --- they all look alike.

                    OK, Lt. LaQue, maybe you need to brief me on the difference before I
                    give the my next lecture out here? For example, did you know that the
                    new mayor of Beverly Hills is a Persian/Iranian? I guess I better not
                    talk about Gondi-shapur, right? That's in Saudi Arabia, right? But
                    it's all desert out there anyway. Sand, camels, oil.

                    Reminds me of a great gaffe I made a few years back when I was
                    introduced to a new graduate student in the physics dept at
                    Vanderbilt. He had just arrived from India, so, in my gregarious way,
                    I said: "Oh I just love Hindu cooking." He looked daggers at me and
                    said rather peevishly: "I am from Pakistan." To which I replied:
                    "Well, I love shish-kabob, too." Luckily someone jumped in to inform
                    him about his new computer, thus mercifully marginalizing me.

                    Maybe I do have a future in International Relations, eh?

                    Generalissimo T
                  • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                    Message 9 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                      Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian acquaintance
                      who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                      Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction although
                      I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just linguistics. I
                      was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                      corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.

                      Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                      Lt.LaQ
                      ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                    • tmasthenes13
                      Message 10 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                        > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                        >...............................++++++++..............................

                        Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?

                        My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                        by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                        Message 11 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                          > Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian
                          acquaintance
                          > who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                          > Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction
                          although
                          > I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just
                          linguistics. I
                          > was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                          > corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.
                          >
                          > Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                          > Lt.LaQ
                          > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli

                          Well let's have a party at the pool on Christmas Eve. As far as I
                          think I know, the sure sign of an Arab is that he/she speaks Arabic.
                          Iranians, Afganis as such types that look like Arabs and pray like
                          Arabs have their own languages. What they have in common is Islam.
                          Btw, before we or me starts knocking Islam, know ye that there is an
                          esoteric Islam called Sufiism. Furthermore, when I lived and worked in
                          Geneva I had an Islamic colleague (forget his nationality) I used to
                          play chess with. He explained to me that the Quran is an esoteric text
                          - something about every 19th word having a special meaning, or the
                          19th words put together mean something "occult". I never looked into
                          it further.
                          Message 12 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
                            <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@ wrote:
                            > >
                            > > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                            > >...............................++++++++..............................
                            >
                            > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                            >
                            > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                            > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!

                            Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                            etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                            boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                            a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                            comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                            to the bottom (sic) of it.
                            Blessings on both your tsks.
                            P.P.I.
                          • tmasthenes13
                            Message 13 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

                              ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

                              > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                              > >
                              > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                              > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                              > >
                              > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                              > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                              > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                              > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                              > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                              > to the bottom (sic) of it.
                              > Blessings on both your tsks.
                              > P.P.I.

                              Your Holiness,

                              You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
                              one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
                              seniority issue.

                              If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
                              Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
                              DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
                              in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
                              in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

                              I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
                              regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
                              and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
                              for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
                              which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
                              membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

                              Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
                              involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
                              beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
                              Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
                              course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
                              of the Steiner Internet era.

                              Generalissimo Tomaso
                            • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                              Message 14 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
                                than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
                                of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
                                teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
                                your all's beeswax.

                                Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
                                promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
                                water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                                ??LaQ
                              • carol
                                Message 15 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

                                  Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

                                  Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

                                  Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

                                  In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

                                  Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

                                  At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

                                  Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

                                  Carol.

                                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                                  > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                                  > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                                  >
                                  > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
                                  >
                                  > DeborahB

                                • JoAnn Schwartz
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
                                    --- LaQ wrote:

                                    > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
                                    > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
                                    > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
                                    > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                                    Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

                                    Sgt. Sweetpea

                                    "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel