Color My World

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 30 , Oct 30, 2007
      How many of you oldies but goodies out there remember the original 48
      crayon box of Crayolas? I remember being especially intrigued by the
      crayon called "Flesh" because when I rubbed it on my skin, it didn't
      seem to leave a mark. It was truly the color of my Irish Caucasian
      skin --- akin to peaches'n'cream, according to my mother who was only
      half-Irish.

      Many of you are too young to remember this crayon by that name because
      in 1962, at the behest of the Civil Rights movement in the USA, the
      Crayola company changed the name of their Flesh crayon to Peach.

      Decades later, I was to study the color theories of Goethe and Rudolf
      Steiner. There I came across the designation "Peach Blossom"
      ("Pfirischebluete) which was the name given to the startling color
      that arises when violet light meets red, but which today we call Magenta.

      Peach Blossom as a flower is the state flower of Delaware and its
      color is definitely that of the prismatic meeting of red and violet.
      Yet within anthroposophy, peach-blossom is said to be the color of
      white Caucasian skin.

      How can this be? Is there a hint in the Crayola name change from
      Flesh to Peach? Yet the color of peach fruit is closest to the color
      of my skin. What gives here?

      I recall a discussion at Rudolf Steiner College with a painting
      teacher about this skin color discrepancy between the obviously
      brighter pink of the peach blossom flower and the much duller and
      drabber hue of my own skin as the color of peach fruit --- a fresh
      peach, not the canned sliced variety.

      The explanation given was that the peach blossom hue was the
      enhancement of the normal Flesh=Peach crayon skin color of Caucasian
      skin. That is, peach blossom expressed the rosy-cheeked, living,
      joyous spiritual enhancement of the more beige-like flesh color. It
      is, according to Steiner's color circle, the "living image of the
      soul." As such, peach blossom was the color of the etheric whereas
      "normal" flesh = peach fruit color was the color of physical skin.

      Also, the peach blossom color expresses the equilibrium of the strong
      will forces of red and the contemplative thinking forces of violet.
      I bring these colors up because of the passage Peter S. posted on the
      coming white vs. yellow war for the future of human evolution.

      Peter S. quoting Steiner wrote:
      In the sixth post-Atlantean Culture epoch the task will be to know the
      spirit as something hovering in the surroundings, to recognise the
      spirit more in the elemental world, because that epoch must prepare
      the knowledge of the spirit in the physical environment. That could
      not easily come about if ancient atavistic forces were not preserved
      which recognise the spirit in its purely elemental life. But these
      things do not enter the world without the most violent struggles.

      White humanity is still on the way to take the spirit more and more
      deeply into its own being.

      Yellow humanity is on the way to conserve that age in which the spirit
      is held away from the body, is sought purely outside the human
      physical organisation.

      This makes it inevitable that the transition from the fifth culture
      epoch to the sixth will will bring about a violent struggle of the
      white and yellow races in the most varied domains. What precedes these
      struggles will occupy world-history up to the decisive events of the
      great contests between the white world and the coloured world."
      =====================================

      White, Yellow, Flesh, Peach, Peach Blossom. The white world and the
      coloured world. What is it about skin color that is so contentious?

      Now I also remember a crayon called "Indian Red" whose name was
      changed to something like "Chestnut" or "Maple Syrup" because of
      Native American objections. There was no Chinese Yellow crayon. But
      when I drew anyone Chinese, I would color them in with the Maize crayon.

      Does yellow in Chinese skin bring more will forces than the more
      balanced Caucasians. Will that give the Chinese an advantage in the
      coming Ultimate Fighting Championship?

      But, I digress. Let's just focus on peach blossom at the moment.

      Here I quote one non-anthroposophical and then one anthroposophical
      source on the relation of peach blossom to skin color as expressed in
      Steiner's Color theory.

      http://www.colorsystem.com/projekte/engl/70ante.htm

      Peach blossom, on the other hand, is the "colour of human
      incarnation", the "colour of human skin". This colour explains the
      moment when the human soul withdraws from the face, and the face
      assumes a greenish hue. Accordingly, says Steiner, we can view peach
      blossom as the "image of the soul", and more exactly, as the living
      image of the soul. Steiner emphasises that death does not lurk behind
      peach blossom (as is the case with green), since when the colour of
      peach blossom disappears the soul will indeed withdraw, but not life
      itself.

      Then Edward Reaugh Smith

      http://www.bibleandanthroposophy.com/Smith/main/burning_bush/charts_tabs/i83.html

      Peach-blossom—one's human nature is revealed by the way the soul flows
      into one's physical form in the color of one's skin. Thus,
      peach-blossom represents the living image of the soul.

      Here is a Wikipedia entry on the color of peach
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peach_(color)

      Here a comprehensive and historical list of all the Crayola crayon colors.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors

      Tom
      Message 2 of 30 , Oct 30, 2007
        Again another literal understanding from our resident
        alter boy Tom M. See Tom, peach blossom might be the
        color of the spirit which WE ALL shall find its not
        about the white skin of today as much as it is towards
        the spirit self in its own color form. When trying to
        relate these things into words they always falter as
        Steiner has said. He has said that the human words do
        such an injustice to what is true in the spirit. So
        forced to use human words to describe spiritual facts
        is one thing Steiner has said that he is stunted in
        and can only appropriate the spiritual things to the
        physical ear and words we use today.

        Man your studies surely are lacking. If you had spent
        more time contemplating versus being edgy and caught
        in Tom's world with what Tom says and thinks has
        relevance, you might be further along. What utter
        sadness to see you self inflict yourself in this way.
        Steiner's work will stand the test of time. Will
        yours?

        All good things,

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • winters_diana
        Message 3 of 30 , Oct 30, 2007
          >How many of you oldies but goodies out there remember the original 48
          >crayon box of Crayolas? I remember being especially intrigued by the
          >crayon called "Flesh" because when I rubbed it on my skin, it didn't
          >seem to leave a mark. It was truly the color of my Irish Caucasian
          >skin --- akin to peaches'n'cream, according to my mother who was only
          >half-Irish.

          >Many of you are too young to remember this crayon by that name
          >because in 1962, at the behest of the Civil Rights movement in the
          >USA, the Crayola company changed the name of their Flesh crayon to
          >Peach.

          I don't think I was doing much with crayons in 1962 besides chewing on
          them, but I do remember the "flesh" crayons. Maybe they were from older
          boxes belonging to older playmates or siblings.

          Does it not strike any of you as an interesting contrast, that the
          crayola company took note of this in 1962, which was, um, awhile ago?
          Might Steiner fans consider similar adjustments in their sensibilities,
          a mere 45 years later?
          Diana
          Message 4 of 30 , Oct 30, 2007
            Oh yes, lets change because of a crayon company. Whew.
            The painters still call it flesh by the way. But
            maybe they too should change it to meet the times. I
            wonder what words we use today that will be considered
            racist and innappropriate in the future.

            The only people who worry about these things today are
            the ones who have nothing better to do than call other
            people names and out of their names due to their own
            biases. It is so apparant and yet you can't see it
            Diana.

            All good things,
            Dottie

            --- winters_diana <diana.winters@...> wrote:

            > >How many of you oldies but goodies out there
            > remember the original 48
            > >crayon box of Crayolas? I remember being
            > especially intrigued by the
            > >crayon called "Flesh" because when I rubbed it on
            > my skin, it didn't
            > >seem to leave a mark. It was truly the color of my
            > Irish Caucasian
            > >skin --- akin to peaches'n'cream, according to my
            > mother who was only
            > >half-Irish.
            >
            > >Many of you are too young to remember this crayon
            > by that name
            > >because in 1962, at the behest of the Civil Rights
            > movement in the
            > >USA, the Crayola company changed the name of their
            > Flesh crayon to
            > >Peach.
            >
            > I don't think I was doing much with crayons in 1962
            > besides chewing on
            > them, but I do remember the "flesh" crayons. Maybe
            > they were from older
            > boxes belonging to older playmates or siblings.
            >
            > Does it not strike any of you as an interesting
            > contrast, that the
            > crayola company took note of this in 1962, which
            > was, um, awhile ago?
            > Might Steiner fans consider similar adjustments in
            > their sensibilities,
            > a mere 45 years later?
            > Diana
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            > (Yahoo! ID required)

            mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • winters_diana
            Message 5 of 30 , Oct 30, 2007
              The Dottessa:

              >Oh yes, lets change because of a crayon company.

              No, Dottie, not because of the crayon company. Have you heard about the
              civil rights movement?

              Are you enjoying your stay in Forest Row?
              Message 6 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                Right, because of civil rights we will change our
                crayolas. How about changing your thinking instead of
                your crayolas Diana? Ever cross your mind. You are
                screaming fire fire fire where there is none. Wanna do
                something good Diana, go serve at a soup kitchen and
                see how much your crayolas matter. Go donate your
                time reading to the inner city kids or teaching them
                to knit or joining a program that helps young ladies
                to realize they do not have to do anything in order
                to be loved. Then see how much your stupid crayolas
                mean.

                All good things,
                Dottie

                Emerson is incredible. I am so happy to be here.

                Message 7 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                  Dottie wrote:

                  > Right, because of civil rights we will change our
                  > crayolas. How about changing your thinking instead of
                  > your crayolas Diana?

                  Bob Dylan would have to change his lyrics too:

                  http://bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html

                  Disillusioned words like bullets bark
                  As human gods aim for their mark
                  Made everything from toy guns that spark
                  To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark

                  What color are flesh-colored Christs ? Is Bob Dylan racist or something?

                  Message 8 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                    Once you get to changing your crayolas versus your
                    thinking nothing is secure, not even a mans freedom to
                    think for himself.

                    All good things,
                    Dottie who loves Bob

                    > Dottie wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Right, because of civil rights we will change our
                    > > crayolas. How about changing your thinking instead
                    > of
                    > > your crayolas Diana?
                    >
                    > Bob Dylan would have to change his lyrics too:
                    >
                    > http://bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html
                    >
                    > Disillusioned words like bullets bark
                    > As human gods aim for their mark
                    > Made everything from toy guns that spark
                    > To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
                    >
                    > What color are flesh-colored Christs ? Is Bob Dylan
                    > racist or something?
                    >
                    > Tarjei
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    > (Yahoo! ID required)

                    mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Larry
                    Message 9 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                      elfuncle wrote:

                      > Bob Dylan would have to change his lyrics too:
                      >
                      > http://bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html
                      >
                      > Disillusioned words like bullets bark
                      > As human gods aim for their mark
                      > Made everything from toy guns that spark
                      > To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
                      >
                      > What color are flesh-colored Christs ? Is Bob Dylan racist or something?

                      It goes, "To 'flesh'-colored Christs that glow in the dark", listen
                      close, maybe you can hear it.
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                        Larry wrote:

                        > elfuncle wrote:
                        >
                        > > Bob Dylan would have to change his lyrics too:
                        > >
                        > > http://bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html
                        > >
                        > > Disillusioned words like bullets bark
                        > > As human gods aim for their mark
                        > > Made everything from toy guns that spark
                        > > To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
                        > >
                        > > What color are flesh-colored Christs ? Is Bob Dylan racist or
                        something?

                        > It goes, "To 'flesh'-colored Christs that glow in the dark", listen
                        > close, maybe you can hear it.

                        What's the difference between

                        "To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark"

                        and:

                        "To 'flesh'-colored Christs that glow in the dark"

                        -- ?

                        Black folks or white folks glowing in the dark? Does the flesh-colored
                        crayon make Waldorf children glow in the dark? Do they all glow in the
                        dark, black and white Waldorf children? Does this have anything to do
                        with nuclear radiation? Do the crayons themselves also glow in the
                        dark after a nuclear fallout?

                        Has Dylan's Christ been nuked, is that why it glows, does it have
                        anything to do with "Hard Rain" or "Talkin' World War III Blues",
                        where he lights a cigarette on a parking meter and walks on down the
                        road. -- ?

                        Tarjei
                      • Larry
                        Message 11 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                          Tarjei, you wrote:

                          > Larry wrote:
                          > >
                          > > elfuncle wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Bob Dylan would have to change his lyrics too:
                          > > >
                          > > > http://bobdylan.com/songs/itsalright.html
                          > > >
                          > > > Disillusioned words like bullets bark
                          > > > As human gods aim for their mark
                          > > > Made everything from toy guns that spark
                          > > > To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
                          > > >
                          > > > What color are flesh-colored Christs ? Is Bob Dylan racist or
                          > something?
                          > > >
                          > > It goes, "To 'flesh'-colored Christs that glow in the dark", listen
                          > > close, maybe you can hear it.
                          >
                          > What's the difference between
                          >
                          > "To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark"
                          >
                          > and:
                          >
                          > "To 'flesh'-colored Christs that glow in the dark"
                          >
                          > -- ?

                          This will not be fun to try to express...The difference between
                          sincerity and facetiousness? Between a word that directly and
                          genuinely signifies, and one that pretends to but doesn't really? I'm
                          sure Diana would tell this better...

                          > Does this have anything to do
                          > with nuclear radiation?... Has Dylan's Christ been nuked, is that
                          why it glows?

                          I assumed it was merely about those little plastic figurines that
                          would hang on the rear-view mirror, that's a fine idea though. I
                          wonder how "Desolation Row" sounds to you, what kind of
                          interpretations you've put some of *that* one through.

                          Larry
                          Message 12 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
                            <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                            > Many of you are too young to remember this crayon by that name because
                            > in 1962, at the behest of the Civil Rights movement in the USA, the
                            > Crayola company changed the name of their Flesh crayon to Peach.

                            All those weaklings who caved into the liberal lunatic left should be
                            ashamed; not like the Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves who
                            resisted Native American (Honest Injuns) pressure to change their
                            names to Riding Hoods and Cinderellas.
                            Frank
                          • write3chairs
                            Message 13 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold wrote:

                              > Once you get to changing your crayolas versus your
                              > thinking nothing is secure, not even a mans freedom to
                              > think for himself.

                              But what about the container that holds the crayons?

                              All good things to those who love Bob,
                              Jennifer

                              Message 14 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                                Well friends, it seems I have upon a mystery that I
                                have been wondering about for a while: the roots of
                                Kaspar Hauser.

                                Well it seems to me that we can possibly find that he
                                was none other than the Master Jesus.

                                I have always wondered why it was that Steiner did not
                                share further on who this Kaspar Hauser was. Although
                                I could emphasise with the story etc. I had felt that
                                I too at one time had gone through something similar,
                                that others as well had gone through something
                                similar. So although I could emphasise I see so much
                                suffering day in and day out that it was another
                                sufferer but with a world teacher speaking of his
                                personal journey as if it meant something more than
                                what others had suffered.

                                I have never been one to take Steiner's word and made
                                them my own. I have always been one that had to have
                                an inner connection to a mystery in order to
                                understand it fully or it became abstract for me. So
                                it was with Kaspar Hauser.

                                I wondered how I could feel a connection for someone
                                that I had no experience of only have heard of. And I
                                could only listen to others speak of him and just
                                listen.

                                Today I bought a book of pictures with little portions
                                of a story of Kaspar. And in this suddenly I was
                                inspired to think of Master Jesus. And in this I can
                                trace the idea of one who would unite heaven and
                                earth: that was his task or so said Dr. Steiner. And
                                in this I thought forward and found another possible
                                biography of his. And then it occurred to me why this
                                mystery was not fully outed by Rudolf Steiner and it
                                has to do with the idea that the not even the two
                                Jesus children were an acceptable conversation, let
                                alone a conversation about an ongoing incarnating
                                Master Jesus. For if it had been outed then the people
                                could not hear it. And if anything it would have led
                                into a more physical understanding of Jesus and the
                                Christ might have been lost once again just as Rudolf
                                Steiner was making Him central to our world once
                                again.

                                So, I may be wrong and I don't think I am. If we look
                                at what occurred to the sheaths of the Solomon Jesus
                                we find that the astral and the etheric had been given
                                away. And he reincarnated quickly once more right
                                after Golgotha. Now, I do not know this myself rather
                                I know of it through Sergei Prokofieff's work. So if
                                we consider that we have a new incarnation but one
                                that is intimately connected to the Hierarchies we can
                                begin to have a picture of this Being who was held
                                within the basement yet nourished by the stars and
                                planets of the cosmic world. Within those walls he was
                                nourished inwardly as that was his ongoing
                                relationship with that world and they with him. What a
                                touching picture when we truly consider it and then we
                                can also look to see what this means for the Sophia in
                                our world and the nourishment that takes place with
                                the holiest of souls.

                                Maybe someone can tell me 'Dottie, you have lost your
                                mind, Steiner already said he was so and so and so and
                                you are way off base. Well, I am all up for that but
                                I have a funny feeling that what Rudolf Steiner said
                                on this subject has not been exhausted or fully outed.
                                I believe there are a few personalities that we can
                                trace to a similar treatment by Rudolf Steiner in that
                                he gave no biographical information. And I would not
                                be surprised at all if they were all connected toward
                                the Master Jesus.

                                All good things,
                                Dottie

                                p.s. A shooting star just brought me to my knees and
                                another biography has been made known. How utterly
                                utterly humbling to know of such things.

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                                  'I want to be a rider like my father.'

                                  Well, its interesting to look at these words anew. And
                                  it occurs to me to ask who else could have said these
                                  words. And the only other I come upon interestingly
                                  enough is Elisha, the great student of Elijah. Well,
                                  actually there is a double mystery, no pun intended.
                                  Well, that's interesting enough as well, how that came
                                  out about 'a double mystery'. For if we look at the
                                  Elisha and the Elijah we have to know there are seven
                                  layers as so brought forth by Rudolf Steiner. But that
                                  is neither here nor there. ....oh boy I so dislike
                                  when I get into this mystery mode of seeing more than
                                  the one mystery looking out at me because it actually
                                  makes me lose ground for those that would look to see
                                  what the HELL I am talking about. Okay, old Dottie
                                  time over...

                                  So, (sorry about that) so, it seems to me that we can
                                  find in Kaspar Hauser something to do possibly with
                                  the Elisha Elijah mystery, therefore the John the
                                  Baptist Jesus mystery, and therefore the two sons of
                                  Abraham mystery.

                                  What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If we
                                  know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can understand
                                  Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a rider
                                  like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.

                                  All good things,
                                  Dottie

                                  p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the mark
                                  please put me out of my misery.

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                                • winters_diana
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Oct 31, 2007
                                    Define civil rights Dottie.
                                    And how do you know I don't read to kids or work in a soup kitchen?

                                    Still enjoying Forest Row?

                                    <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                                    > Right, because of civil rights we will change our
                                    > crayolas. How about changing your thinking instead of
                                    > your crayolas Diana? Ever cross your mind. You are
                                    > screaming fire fire fire where there is none. Wanna do
                                    > something good Diana, go serve at a soup kitchen and
                                    > see how much your crayolas matter. Go donate your
                                    > time reading to the inner city kids or teaching them
                                    > to knit or joining a program that helps young ladies
                                    > to realize they do not have to do anything in order
                                    > to be loved. Then see how much your stupid crayolas
                                    > mean.
                                    >
                                    > All good things,
                                    > Dottie
                                    >
                                    > Emerson is incredible. I am so happy to be here.
                                    >

                                    > > The Dottessa:
                                    > >
                                    > > >Oh yes, lets change because of a crayon company.
                                    > >
                                    > > No, Dottie, not because of the crayon company. Have
                                    > > you heard about the
                                    > > civil rights movement?
                                    > >
                                    > > Are you enjoying your stay in Forest Row?
                                    > >

                                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                    > > (Yahoo! ID required)
                                    > >

                                    > mailto:anthroposophy_tomorrow-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                    > http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  • gaelman58
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
                                      <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                                      > 'I want to be a rider like my father.'
                                      >
                                      > Well, its interesting to look at these words anew. And
                                      > it occurs to me to ask who else could have said these
                                      > words. And the only other I come upon interestingly
                                      > enough is Elisha, the great student of Elijah. Well,
                                      > actually there is a double mystery, no pun intended.
                                      > Well, that's interesting enough as well, how that came
                                      > out about 'a double mystery'. For if we look at the
                                      > Elisha and the Elijah we have to know there are seven
                                      > layers as so brought forth by Rudolf Steiner. But that
                                      > is neither here nor there. ....oh boy I so dislike
                                      > when I get into this mystery mode of seeing more than
                                      > the one mystery looking out at me because it actually
                                      > makes me lose ground for those that would look to see
                                      > what the HELL I am talking about. Okay, old Dottie
                                      > time over...
                                      >

                                      > So, (sorry about that) so, it seems to me that we can
                                      > find in Kaspar Hauser something to do possibly with
                                      > the Elisha Elijah mystery, therefore the John the
                                      > Baptist Jesus mystery, and therefore the two sons of
                                      > Abraham mystery.
                                      >
                                      > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If we
                                      > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can understand
                                      > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a rider
                                      > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
                                      >
                                      > All good things,
                                      > Dottie
                                      >
                                      > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the mark
                                      > please put me out of my misery.

                                      Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your considerations...I wouldn't
                                      think that authenic revelations would have that aspect of "misery"
                                      to them...neither would authenic revelation necessarily demand an
                                      outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth of understanding
                                      for the revelations already given us ought to suffice...."On the
                                      other hand, Mr. Gaelman..."....Gman

                                      Message 18 of 30 , Nov 1, 2007
                                        Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
                                        It is what one struggles with when researching
                                        something back and forth and forth and back.

                                        All good things,
                                        Dottie

                                        Message 19 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                          <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                                          > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
                                          > It is what one struggles with when researching
                                          > something back and forth and forth and back.

                                          Ok then Dottie, be happy in the misery of going back and forth...I'm
                                          thinking of an old ditty about the proverbial ramblin' rover coming to
                                          the end of his/her life...

                                          If you've been a man (woman)of action
                                          Though you're lying there in traction
                                          You will get some satisfaction
                                          Thinkin', "Jasus, at least oi troid"

                                          Gman

> [...]
                                          > > >
                                          > > > What other rider can one think of in the Bible? If
                                          > > we
                                          > > > know the Elisha Elijah story I think we can
                                          > > understand
                                          > > > Kaspar Hauser what those words 'I want to be a
                                          > > rider
                                          > > > like my father' might mean. Or so is my thought.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > All good things,
                                          > > > Dottie
                                          > > >
                                          > > > p.s. please if someone knows this is far off the
                                          > > mark
                                          > > > please put me out of my misery.
                                          > >
                                          > > Dottie, me gal, have no misery over your
                                          > > considerations...I wouldn't
                                          > > think that authenic revelations would have that
                                          > > aspect of "misery"
                                          > > to them...neither would authenic revelation
                                          > > necessarily demand an
                                          > > outward sharing. I'm thinking an increasing depth
                                          > > of understanding
                                          > > for the revelations already given us ought to

                                        • tmasthenes13
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                            <dottie_z@...> wrote:

                                            > Oh but Gman it is perfect that they have the misery!
                                            > It is what one struggles with when researching
                                            > something back and forth and forth and back.
                                            >
                                            > All good things,
                                            > Dottie
                                            =====================================

                                            Hi Dottie,

                                            Thank you for bringing up Kaspar Hauser here, because he holds the key
                                            to understanding our karmic knots which make for such beautifully ugly
                                            great lumps in our destiny tapestries. (Magic Persian flying carpets
                                            anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference. I hope Carol will fill us in on
                                            the soul-spiritual background of such Persian vehicles.)

                                            Of course, Dottie, you got me reminiscing about the great performance
                                            Glen Williamson put on during the last Anthroposophia Conference back
                                            in April 2006 which you so ably organized and made successful. Here
                                            is your message to AT about it.

                                            He did his one man show of Kasper Hauser and it was the most
                                            professionally done theater piece I have ever seen in all my years on
                                            the anthro circuit.

                                            You mention a keyword up above in your response to Gman. That is
                                            "misery." You know the old saying "Misery loves company." Such a
                                            saying evokes the Grail motto "Durch Mitleid Wissen" or "Wisdom
                                            through compassion."

                                            Now we live in an age of such enhanced self-consciousness that I call
                                            it "hyper-self-consciousness" in order to call attention to its most
                                            obvious characteristic: our modern, post Kali Yuga phenomenon of
                                            absolutely phenomenal self-absorption in the physical body that is
                                            best described as Narcissism, or the shrinks have a term for it
                                            NPD=Narcissistic Personality Disorder.)

                                            In anthroposophical terms, such deep self-absorption results from the
                                            etheric body, in its alias as the "formative forces" body, becoming
                                            such a photographically identical copy of the physical body that it
                                            becomes trapped in, or paralyzed by the deadness of the physical body.
                                            Thus does Imagination truly become captured and paralyzed by the
                                            physical. (Also, drinking too much coffee enhances this photographic
                                            realism effect.)

                                            But from the viewpoint of the hierarchies, such a happening is quite
                                            beyond both Lucifer (fallen Angel) and Ahriman (fallen Archangel). It
                                            is Asuric in nature; therefore fallen Archon. Asuras are fallen
                                            Spirits of Personality, also called Spirits of Darkness.

                                            [[[ NOTE TO CAROL: Please consider that the next higher level, the
                                            Exusiai are the Spirits of Form. You made reference to our
                                            personality-driven Internet interactions. So we have this dilemma that
                                            the etheric body is the formative force body. Ahriman, a fallen
                                            Archangel, has a keen focus on invading the etheric body, and then we
                                            have the Spirits of Form. But in-between are the Asuras, the Spirits
                                            of Personality, also called the Spirits of Darkness.]]]

                                            All this is to reach the observation that when the Grail motto is
                                            followed today, and absorbed into our Spirit of Darkness-inspired
                                            Narcissistic personalities with our intensely sensitive,
                                            hypervigilant, hyper-self-consciousness, then the compassion is
                                            trapped inside, as it must be, for this phase of our evolution. In
                                            short, we have become masters of Self-Pity. I would venture to
                                            estimate that 99% of what we deem today as acts of compassion for
                                            others are really acts of feeling sorry for ourselves. Or, to put it
                                            another way, we actually get high or drunk on the sweet feelings we
                                            derive from having compassion for others.

                                            And Dottie, all this is meant as a sincere tribute to you, because you
                                            perceived in me this same deeply ingrained self-pity in which I
                                            wallow. You recognized it correctly as deriving from my devout
                                            Catholic childhood, self-pity alternating with a deep sense of
                                            entitlement.

                                            You have also recognized it acutely in others, namely in Joel Wendt
                                            and in Bradford Riley, these Amfortas wounded warriors, whining in
                                            their maudlin, melodramatic --- but NOT melancholic! --- self-pity,
                                            crying in their respective beers, over the terribly unfair blows of
                                            fate that struck them early on in life. I also notice that this
                                            particular style of "pity partying" is very much a "guy thing."

                                            Ladies here could discuss that gender-related aspect, but what I
                                            notice about you, Dottie, is that your ability to recognize this
                                            whining self-pity in others, is an expression of the fact that, you
                                            yourself know how to wallow. As the saying goes: "It takes one to know
                                            one."

                                            And what I notice now is that you have retreated from our
                                            conversations here, to lick your wounds, as I have mine, and that it
                                            is highly significant that you should now be speaking
                                            about misery in the context of Kaspar Hauser.

                                            What I have realized this morning, on the Day of the Dead, is that
                                            Kasper Hauser has become the "poster boy" as it were, of
                                            anthroposophical "self-pity partying." Indeed the figure of Kaspar
                                            Hauser now replaces the figure of Parsifal in our 2nd Quarter of
                                            Consciousness Soul epoch.

                                            I can hear the wailing and moaning right now: Oh, if only Kaspar
                                            Hauser had lived; if only Kaspar Hauser had taken his rightful place
                                            of destiny, then Central Europe would have become this utopia; we
                                            never would have had the world wars, never would have had Hitler, on
                                            and on, oh woe is me, woe is us, Oh misery! Oh terrible fate! Wah,
                                            wah, wah, wah. Blubber-blubber, blubber. Alas, alack, We are stricken.
                                            We are doomed.

                                            Someone please play a dirge on violin. "Hearts and Flowers" anyone?

                                            Wait, better yet. Frank, have the swing band cue up: "Sentimental
                                            Journey."

                                            So, Dottie, thank you for sharing your own misery with us through the
                                            figure of Kaspar Hauser. We couldn't have a pity party without you
                                            or Kaspar.

                                            OK, everybody, let's cry us all a river!!!

                                            Tom
                                          • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                              < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                                              anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>

                                              Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.

                                              DeborahB
                                            • tmasthenes13
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                                                > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                                                > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                                                >
                                                > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't
                                                Arabs.

                                                > DeborahB

                                                ==============================

                                                What? You mean . . .

                                                Oh, what the hell, you know how it is, just like those inscrutable
                                                Orientals --- they all look alike.

                                                OK, Lt. LaQue, maybe you need to brief me on the difference before I
                                                give the my next lecture out here? For example, did you know that the
                                                new mayor of Beverly Hills is a Persian/Iranian? I guess I better not
                                                talk about Gondi-shapur, right? That's in Saudi Arabia, right? But
                                                it's all desert out there anyway. Sand, camels, oil.

                                                Reminds me of a great gaffe I made a few years back when I was
                                                introduced to a new graduate student in the physics dept at
                                                Vanderbilt. He had just arrived from India, so, in my gregarious way,
                                                I said: "Oh I just love Hindu cooking." He looked daggers at me and
                                                said rather peevishly: "I am from Pakistan." To which I replied:
                                                "Well, I love shish-kabob, too." Luckily someone jumped in to inform
                                                him about his new computer, thus mercifully marginalizing me.

                                                Maybe I do have a future in International Relations, eh?

                                                Generalissimo T
                                              • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                  Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian acquaintance
                                                  who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                                                  Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction although
                                                  I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just linguistics. I
                                                  was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                                                  corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.

                                                  Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                                                  Lt.LaQ
                                                  ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                                                • tmasthenes13
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                    --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                                                    > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                                                    >...............................++++++++..............................

                                                    Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?

                                                    My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                                                    by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                                                      > Well, I'm just passing along what I was told by an Iranian
                                                      acquaintance
                                                      > who seemed to want that distinction clarified. I think the
                                                      > Persian/Iranians are related more in the Afghani/India direction
                                                      although
                                                      > I'm not sure whether that's a matter of genetics or just
                                                      linguistics. I
                                                      > was tsked about this once and so was glad to be able, from my lofty
                                                      > corrected vantage point, to tsk someone else.
                                                      >
                                                      > Therefore consider thyself well-tsked...
                                                      > Lt.LaQ
                                                      > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli

                                                      Well let's have a party at the pool on Christmas Eve. As far as I
                                                      think I know, the sure sign of an Arab is that he/she speaks Arabic.
                                                      Iranians, Afganis as such types that look like Arabs and pray like
                                                      Arabs have their own languages. What they have in common is Islam.
                                                      Btw, before we or me starts knocking Islam, know ye that there is an
                                                      esoteric Islam called Sufiism. Furthermore, when I lived and worked in
                                                      Geneva I had an Islamic colleague (forget his nationality) I used to
                                                      play chess with. He explained to me that the Quran is an esoteric text
                                                      - something about every 19th word having a special meaning, or the
                                                      19th words put together mean something "occult". I never looked into
                                                      it further.
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                        <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

                                                        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@ wrote:
                                                        > >
                                                        > > ps: thanks to an old Lebanese boyfiend I do make some killer tabouli
                                                        > >...............................++++++++..............................
                                                        >
                                                        > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                                                        >
                                                        > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                                                        > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!

                                                        Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                                                        etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                                                        boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                                                        a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                                                        comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                                                        to the bottom (sic) of it.
                                                        Blessings on both your tsks.
                                                        P.P.I.
                                                      • tmasthenes13
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007

                                                          ------------------------------------@@@@@@@@..............................

                                                          > > Hello!!! Is that a Freudian slip or what? Or maybe a Harounian slip?
                                                          > >
                                                          > > My oh my, Lt. LaQue, how much you reveal about your past relationships
                                                          > > by not typing a single letter! Less is more as they say!
                                                          > >
                                                          > Tsk, tsk, Tom. Please be advised that it is contrary to internet
                                                          > etiquette (and totally forbidden at A_T) to make fun of members'
                                                          > boy/girlfiends. If the Lt. likes fiends - or maybe she means he's like
                                                          > a fiend in you-know-where - it's none of our business, unless she
                                                          > comes to confession (with you?). In which case I would certainly get
                                                          > to the bottom (sic) of it.
                                                          > Blessings on both your tsks.
                                                          > P.P.I.

                                                          Your Holiness,

                                                          You may rule the catacombs and catechism of AT, but in the matter of
                                                          one Deborah Byron, we actually pre-date AT by several years. So it's a
                                                          seniority issue.

                                                          If you were to gaze back through the Akasha Chronicle of Steiner
                                                          Internet history, you would see that exactly ten years ago, in 1997,
                                                          DB became my most trusted Lieutenant Laquerencia, who aided me greatly
                                                          in engineering a cyber coup d'etat, similar to what Fidel Castro did
                                                          in Cuba. Hence her designation of me as Generalissimo.

                                                          I might also add that the vanquished establishment, like the Batista
                                                          regime in 1958, went into exile. However, they regathered their forces
                                                          and I am very proud of the fact that I was single-handedly responsible
                                                          for the creation of their Steiner Internet Vessel, called The Ark,
                                                          which was established for the express purpose of excluding me from
                                                          membership. The whole process also reminded me of cell mitosis.

                                                          Some of the veterans around here may remember the colorful figures
                                                          involved in and around my guerilla tactics to establish the Steiner98
                                                          beachhead --- such as Lefty's St. John's List and the Intuition
                                                          Network groups of famed parapsychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove. Of
                                                          course, Swami Dan and the Duganandas were also there at the beginning
                                                          of the Steiner Internet era.

                                                          Generalissimo Tomaso
                                                        • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Nov 2, 2007
                                                            Re: my Lebanese boyfiend - and that is actually a much more accurate term
                                                            than I knew for a long time since eventually I found out he had been part
                                                            of the (so-called) Christian Democrat militia at some point as a
                                                            teenager. Quel horreur! But he was a good cook...and the rest is none of
                                                            your all's beeswax.

                                                            Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe I got a
                                                            promotion but damned if I can remember why and to what. Blame that on the
                                                            water boarding I underwent in Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                                                            ??LaQ
                                                          • carol
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Nov 3, 2007

                                                              Re: "Magic Persian flying carpets anyone?"

                                                              Well, I've noticed a certain quality of reverence and appreciation towards carpet making as a medium of artistic expression spread out throughout the northern part of Africa, including Pakistan, Afganistan etc. however, this 'preoccupation' cannot be considered exclusive to this part of the world by any means...

                                                              Anyway, I have an item to add to the Persian theme. About a month ago, I went to a hand craft bazar just below the beautiful 'Parc du Mont Royal' in Montreal, which was strangely enough located in an 'army base' building. The 'artisans' consisted in great part of members of the younger generation, the 'nouveau' hippies of the 3rd millennuim.

                                                              In circulating through the ailses, I came across a young woman selling handcrafted dark, wooden earrings. Your selection reflected predominantly finely crafted geometric shapes, often doubled up with another of similar shape which were movable.

                                                              Spontaneous as I am, I asked her if she went looking into 'crop circles' for her artistic ideas. She understood the quality of interest of my inquiry and explained that all the forms she uses are derived from the Muslim Mosques. She explained that since the Muslim are not permitted to depict 'Divinity' in human or animal form, they employ image forms which we would classify as 'design'; thus colour in combination with form.

                                                              At any rate, I found her inspiration, the nature of the material she used (hard wood) and her attachment to one of the Spiritual currents still active within our modern day to be refreshing and encouraging.

                                                              Her's was not the only example of progressive artistic expression amongst the youthful artisans.

                                                              Carol.

                                                              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, laquerencia33@... wrote:

                                                              > < (Magic Persian flying carpets
                                                              > anyone? Sorry for that Arab reference.>
                                                              >
                                                              > Tsk, tsk - Tom, you of all people should know that Persians aren't Arabs.
                                                              >
                                                              > DeborahB

                                                            • JoAnn Schwartz
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Nov 5, 2007
                                                                --- LaQ wrote:

                                                                > Btw, if I remember correctly, Gen. Fr. JP Tom , I believe
                                                                > I got a promotion but damned if I can remember why and to
                                                                > what. Blame that on the water boarding I underwent in
                                                                > Gitmo thanks to that romantic tryst.

                                                                Why, if memory serves, you were promoted to Lt. Col. LaQ.

                                                                Sgt. Sweetpea

                                                                "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel