Re: Why Steiner is BOTH Racist AND not Racist

  • winters_diana
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 28, 2007
      Tom to Jennifer:

      >So, Jennifer, imagine a world where the Critics could acknowledge
      >that Steiner wasn't a racist

      I'll blow your mind and say sure, Steiner wasn't a racist. At least
      not all the time, not when he was talking about brotherhood and love
      and light for everyone and racial ties being a thing of the past.

      I know you meant it as something mystical and all, sorry to deflate
      this huge crescendo your complex explanation was supposed to be
      coming to, but there really is no problem acknowledging the nonracist
      Steiner as nonracist. It's the *racist* Steiner quotes that critics
      have a tendency to point out are, racist.

      >and, in turn, the Anthros acknowledge that Steiner was a racist.

      As long as we're all having our minds blown by these far-fetched
      predictions of Tom's (that's meant ironically), let me also say that
      it wouldn't really be that difficult for more anthros to acknowledge
      Steiner was a racist, and I fully expect some of you to eventually
      get around to it. Just tonight Frank agreed that the comments about
      blacks being earthy were racist.

      Did the world go on turning, or did the world end and I missed it?

      Good night,

      Diana