Eggert Cartoon on Pure Thinking

  • tmasthenes13
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2007
      Here is the translation for Michael Eggert's latest cartoon explaining
      the concept of "Pure Thinking."

      http://www.egoisten.de/files/category-comix.html

      To follow along, I number the panels and translate the text according
      to the following conventions:

      Captions in brackets [. . . ]
      Talk bubbles: quotes in braces {". . . "}

      Tom

      Title in large bright colored font:
      ======================================
      ANTHROPOSOPHICAL CONCEPTS CONCISELY CLARIFIED!

      "PURE THINKING"
      =====================================

      (1) [Many people have an "Ice Age" between their ears.]

      (2) {"thinking of youÂ…"} --- [Some people think way too much.]

      (3) {"I feel . . . higher powers"}--- [Others think far too little.]

      (4) [Some people are, well, beyond hope and help.]

      (5) {"I think my thinking thinks itself."} ---
      . . . .[ Some people DO achieve pure thinking . . . ]

      (6) [. . . and from there on, they can completely dispense with their
      brains.]

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 20, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
        <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:

        > Here is the translation for Michael Eggert's latest cartoon explaining
        > the concept of "Pure Thinking."
        >
        > http://www.egoisten.de/files/category-comix.html

        My dear friends,
        It seems that Br. Tom has gone over to the Dark Side - so plug in your
        wands and "Be prepared" as my scoutmaster loved to say.
        (for) R.S.
      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 21, 2007

          http://tinyurl.com/355yu5