Re: Ms. Halle's work (2008 Olympiad)/SJ

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 147 , Oct 2, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, Jo Ann Schwartz
      <sr_joanna@...> wrote:

      > Frank:
      > >> 3. It's contaminated by criminal perverts in priests'
      > >> robes.
      >
      > Gaelman:
      > > "Those priests, by virtue of being priests, are not the
      > > kind of gay folks who are attracted to young men, that
      > > I defend on most occasions...I like how the latter vote."
      >
      > Dear Gaelman,
      >
      > In the interests of accuracy, I would like to note that the
      > overwhelming majority of pedophiles are straight white men.
      > Get it? The vast majority of pedophiles identify as
      > *heterosexuals*, even when their preferred target for
      > pedophilia is young boys. (And, of course, our entire
      > society reveals its misogyny in its response to and
      > emphasis on pedophilia targeting young boys while turning a
      > blind eye to pedophilia targeting young girls.) To be
      > blunt: Homosexual men are no more likely than heterosexual
      > men to be sexually attracted to children.
      >
      > Note that Frank did not say the Church is *populated" by
      > "criminal perverts in priests' robes" -- he said it is
      > *contaminated* by them. As in, one bad apple can spoil the
      > barrel. Many people regard the cover-up as worse than the
      > crime; the knowledge that the Church moved these priests
      > from parish to parish without regard to the children they
      > were molesting taints the entire Church heirarchy in the
      > eyes of many.
      >
      > But neither the pedophilia nor the response of the Church
      > can actually be blamed on "the gays".
      >
      > Musing, I don't think that's exactly what He meant by
      > "suffer the little children to come unto me"...
      > JoAnn

      No need ever, Sister Jo, to come to the aid of your buddy with respect
      to anything I say about him...he knows that, why don't you?...the
      shots we take at each other are about something to which you are not
      privy.

      You might say one day, "that's all macho bullshit"...but you will say
      that as a complete outsider to that world...though in your case, I
      think there is the element of "intuition" as a result of experience
      with some men...I'm saying that you generally strike me as
      mature...kind of like wine as opposed to grape juice...Loren as
      opposed to Garofalo.

      Imagine yourself in a social situation with the two of us...and the
      boyos have been hitting the sauce and the biting banter gets out of
      hand...someone throws a punch (that happens, especially with the
      old-schoolers)...don't get hysterical, don't try to break it up...just
      enjoy it...the issue is going to get resolved and no one is going to
      get terribly damaged...in a short time, it'll be back to the sauce and
      the banter.

      This stuff has been going on since the Garden, n'est-ce pas?...and
      it's not going to get resolved in our lifetime...nor succeeding
      incarnations :)

      I enjoyed your bit above about the Church scandal.. but perhaps not
      for reasons you'd agree with :)...maybe we can take it up on another
      thread, eh?...unless, of course, you don't want to go
      there....again...regards, G.

      > ~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
      > "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those
      who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be
      kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel

    • ted.wrinch
      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 6 6:11 AM
        Quote2:

        Diana Winters:

        "I'm not sure it is exactly correct to say that Peter "opposes" anthroposophy..."

        (this 'Quote of the ...' is getting silly).

        T.

        Ted Wrinch