Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Ms. Halle's work (2008 Olympiad)

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 147 , Oct 1, 2007
      Frank:
      >> 3. It's contaminated by criminal perverts in priests'
      >> robes.

      Gaelman:
      > "Those priests, by virtue of being priests, are not the
      > kind of gay folks who are attracted to young men, that
      > I defend on most occasions...I like how the latter vote."

      Dear Gaelman,

      In the interests of accuracy, I would like to note that the
      overwhelming majority of pedophiles are straight white men.
      Get it? The vast majority of pedophiles identify as
      *heterosexuals*, even when their preferred target for
      pedophilia is young boys. (And, of course, our entire
      society reveals its misogyny in its response to and
      emphasis on pedophilia targeting young boys while turning a
      blind eye to pedophilia targeting young girls.) To be
      blunt: Homosexual men are no more likely than heterosexual
      men to be sexually attracted to children.

      Note that Frank did not say the Church is *populated" by
      "criminal perverts in priests' robes" -- he said it is
      *contaminated* by them. As in, one bad apple can spoil the
      barrel. Many people regard the cover-up as worse than the
      crime; the knowledge that the Church moved these priests
      from parish to parish without regard to the children they
      were molesting taints the entire Church heirarchy in the
      eyes of many.

      But neither the pedophilia nor the response of the Church
      can actually be blamed on "the gays".

      Musing, I don't think that's exactly what He meant by
      "suffer the little children to come unto me"...
      JoAnn

      "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel
    • ted.wrinch
      Message 147 of 147 , Feb 6, 2012
        Quote2:

        Diana Winters:

        "I'm not sure it is exactly correct to say that Peter "opposes" anthroposophy..."

        (this 'Quote of the ...' is getting silly).

        T.

        Ted Wrinch