Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re:Judith von Halle and now Michael Werner

Expand Messages
  • Frank Thomas Smith
    ... Possibly because we never heard of him. ... This reminds me of a guy I didn t know: Johnny Lovewisdom, ,an American who decided that food sucks and
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 28, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
      <TomBuoyed@...> wrote:
      >
      > Yo, Frank!
      >
      > I'm glad you got to speak with natives in the Fatherland about Judith,
      > but I am quite baffled that your fellows over there, in discussing
      > Nahrungslosigkeit ("total abstinence from food") made no mention
      > whatsoever of Michael Werner, the chemist and anthroposophist from
      > Arlesheim, who has been going without food since 2001 --- 3 years
      > longer than Judith and he has no Stigmata! (Then we can call him truly
      > "Astigmatic")

      Possibly because we never heard of him.

      >
      > In my Google research on Judith, I came across a couple of articles
      > about Michael Werner since he has both written a book on the subject,
      > complete with DIY (Do It Yourself)instructions for anyone to learn to
      > live on light alone --- and he has supposedly submitted himself to a
      > hard scientific independent research project to validate his claims.

      This reminds me of a guy I didn't know: Johnny Lovewisdom, ,an
      American who decided that food sucks and decided he could win the
      battle over it. He went to Ecuador, where he could wear as few clothes
      as possible, went from vegetarian to vegan to fruitcake, which wasn't
      enough and anyway the town he was in was polluted. So he went into the
      jungle, built a hut and tried to live on water alone, his ultimate
      goal being to live on air (light?) alone. Got sick so decided the
      water was polluted. He founded a "university", forget the name, and
      granted doctors degrees upon subscription to his newsletter. A friend
      of mine was in correspondence with him, is a "Doktor" and subscriber.
      I'm not saying that the people we're discussing are like him (really)
      - only that I was reminded of him.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Lovewisdom

      >
      > What's also baffling is that you say you went to an Info3 conference.

      Not an Info3 conference. I wrote that I submitted a letter to the
      forerunner of INfo3 back in the seventies, the meeting I went to has
      nothing to do with the Info3 of today.

      > Below I cite an Info3 article from December 2003 by Thomas Stoeckli,
      > all about Michael Werner entitled: "The Man who does not Eat."
      >
      > http://www.info3.de/ycms/printartikel_1224.shtml

      Interesting. The article is from 2002 and states that a scientific
      study was soon to be made by a university to test Herr Werner's bona
      fides. Do you happen to know if the study was in fact undertaken and
      what the results were?

      >
      > What gives, Frank? Are these Info3 guys as well as those skittish
      > scientist types you mention above all fluttering around in some kind
      > of hand-wringing female-etheric-hysterical denial mode about Werner?

      Again: NOT Info3 guys. I don't even subscribe to Info3 anymore because
      of the difficulty in paying them now that Europe no longer accepts
      checks and Info3 doesn't accept Amexco. Very Eurocentrist that.

      >
      > Since it is much easier to fake not eating than it is to fake a
      > bloody stigmata, I would think that debunking Michael Werner would
      > have been a much hotter topic of discussion for youse guys than Judith.

      Actually, no one debunked her, only 2 of us expressed doubts about the
      real possibility of completely abstaining from food. Personally, I
      neither doubt nor accept what Judith claims, and would certainly like
      to believe her, but... Well, maybe if I knew her personally and asked
      her out on a date, you know dinner by candlelight...oops no, that
      wouldn't do. I wonder if she drinks wine. O well, we could at least
      see Die Meistersaenger von Nuremburg or The Bourne Ultimatum together.
      >
      > I also cite below a PDF article I found in German which is dated this
      > year.
      >
      > --------------------------------------------------------------
      > Lichtnahrung – Versuch einer Stellungnahme
      > Immo Lünzer und Astrid Schmitt-Dossou
      > Arbeitsgruppe „Kosmische Ernährung" im Arbeitskreis für
      > Ernährungsforschung, Bad Vilbel 27.3.07
      >
      >
      http://www.medsektion-goetheanum.org/files/pdf/lichtnahrung_stellungnahm_312.pdf
      >
      >
      > Nutrition by Light: a Commentary
      >
      > by Immo Lünzer und Astrid Schmitt-Dossou
      > The Working Group "Cosmic Nutrition"
      > within the Working Circle for Nutrition Research
      > Bad Vilbel
      > March 27, 2007

      Yeah, this is even more interesting, especially since I lived in Bad
      Vilbel for a while. Anyway, it's time for brunch.
      Frank

      >
      > ---------------------------------------------
      >
      > I'll be translating a few excerpts from each source and posting them.
      >
      > Ottmar, you seem to have a good "check on the pulse" of what's
      > happening over there is Germany. What do you say about Michael Werner
      > and his Nahrungslosigkeit?
      >
      > Tom
      >
    • Frank Thomas Smith
      ... Oh. Ok, send me a ticket. f.
      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 28, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
        <dottie_z@...> wrote:
        >
        > what do you mean what is happening on the 1st to the
        > 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        >
        > The Anthroposophia Knocking on the Portal of our
        > Hearts Conference!!!!! of course!

        Oh. Ok, send me a ticket.
        f.
      • dottie zold
        Book the flight and reserve it. I shall take care of it from there. d ... ____________________________________________________________________________________
        Message 3 of 26 , Sep 28, 2007
        • 0 Attachment
          Book the flight and reserve it. I shall take care of
          it from there.

          d


          > >
          > > what do you mean what is happening on the 1st to
          > the
          > > 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          > >
          > > The Anthroposophia Knocking on the Portal of our
          > > Hearts Conference!!!!! of course!
          >
          > Oh. Ok, send me a ticket.
          > f.
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >




          ____________________________________________________________________________________
          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • dottie zold
          dy ... mazbe JoAnn will join us? Have you two ever met? And then maybe Taz will meet us and Sune and Detlef and all our other european friends????? d
          Message 4 of 26 , Sep 28, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            dy

            > Book the flight and reserve it. I shall take care of
            > it from there.
            >

            mazbe JoAnn will join us? Have you two ever met? And
            then maybe Taz will meet us and Sune and Detlef and
            all our other european friends?????

            d


            ____________________________________________________________________________________
            Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV.
            http://tv.yahoo.com/
          • carol
            Tom, through my investigation of the subject, I find it somewhat imprudent to couple Judith von Halle s experience with Michael Werner s. In all that I ve
            Message 5 of 26 , Sep 28, 2007
            • 0 Attachment

               

              Tom, through my investigation of the subject, I find it somewhat imprudent to couple Judith von Halle's experience with Michael Werner's.

              In all that I've found on Michael, there is no mention of Anthroposophy, though he is able to identify historical and present instances of spiritually inclined individuals employing 'etheric forces' to sustain their bodies and psyches in a state of health.

              Note that when he took on to transform his overall rapport to eating and health, he was quite overweight. He does allow the juices from fruit to 'sit on his tongue and seep into his stomach' , along with a bit of coffee and wine. These three beverages contain phyto nutrients, and they likely act as a medium for consciously stimulating etheric forces. (The soul recognises the life forces in these beverages and creates a subtle bridge between what it beholds and it's own etheric body...)

              There is likely a little more conscious 'studying' going on within Michael and Jasmuheen as well, but their work does not reach the levels of occult 'responsibility' attached to Anthroposophy.

              Just a few links here:

              Scientist `lives on sunlight'

              http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_10-5-2005_pg9_6

              Cancer researcher Dr Michael Werner claims to get all his energy from sunlight. He says he drinks only water mixed with a small amount of fruit juice....

              German colleagues who are investigating the source of Dr Werner's energy say only plants can synthesise energy from the sun, but so far they are at a loss to explain how he is managing to stay healthy. ananova

              The man who never eats

              http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22033417-2,00.html

              "I call it light nutrition," he explains. "But one can also talk of ethereal, prana, chi or cosmic energy. It's all the same thing."

              It's also known as Breatharianism, or the belief that the elements contained in air -- nitrogen, carbon dioxide, oxygen and hydrogen -- can sustain a body.

              Professor claims to survive on just sunshine and fruit juice

              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=464814&in_page_id=1770

              (includes photo of Michael Wermer playing tennis)

              "It all started in 2000 when the Werners had a friend over for supper. "It was a stroke of providence," he says.

              "One evening an old acquaintance of my wife came round for dinner. We noticed she'd become very thin, even a bit haggard, and ate nothing.

              "But when we asked what was up - whether she had a problem - she told us that she'd wasn't eating any more. She claimed she didn't need to because she'd gone through a very special conversion programme and was now living from light nourishment alone."

              While some people might have suggested she saw a psychiatrist, post haste, Michael - who was overweight (15 stone), unhappy and unhealthy with a passion for pizza and all things spiritual - was intrigued.

              And, finally, after nine months of build-up and the New Year's Eve potato salad blow-out, he gave it a whirl - starting with a strict acclimatisation programme to help his body adapt...."

              http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1925582671583861942&total=30&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

              Bridging's website is: www.HeavenToEarth.com

              http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4073137916566719610

              A brief interview with Jasmuheen on her background with living on prana. Please note: This is not to be attempted without the proper training. (more)

              http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-8060648983626971848

              Living on Air

              Alas, Anthroposophy wishes to englobe the progressive spiritual impulse of our time as a whole. It wishes to OVERLOOK THE ALL, while calling upon soul consciousness in regard to the subtler sub strata realms of human existence. (I think!)

              And the question should be asked, is it Judith von Halle who can be identified as 'plugged' into this- to THE leading cultural impulse of our day (albiet occult), and which finds itself directed by the same forces which overlooked the Rosicrucian one and likely all precursors to it.

              May I suggest that Anthroposophy is MUCH larger in it's scope and reach than first meets the eye, and is so to even long term Anthros.

              A former member of the A. list (Mark Willan) wrote a document, and strangely enough, put it up on a website called Think-light.org.

              (I know for a fact that he eats)

              HERE, he reveals an aspect of Anthroposophy which remains 'hidden' from Anthros in general. It refers to 'inner or spirit work' being consciously cultivated for quite impersonal purposes, for what he calls "offering inner activity to the spirit world"...

              www.think-light.org/downloads/Dornach_01-06.doc

               ...What I am suggesting is that we set up a specific inner rite (by undertaking to meditate the Foundation Stone and the Michael Imagination given by Rudolf Steiner every day) for the benefit of the Vorstand's initiative and for the release of the occult imprisonment of mankind.

              This fits in with a certain observable technique used by various Christian saints in the past (and even by Maitre Philippe of Lyons) of offering inner activity to the spirit world, in exchange for a desired (miraculous) event. Clearly the more of us agree and commit to taking part, the more effective this initiative will be...

              ...The late Michael Wilson, who was the first non German speaker to be authorised by Dornach as Class Reader, once mentioned to me that he had found evidence to support the theory that Rudolf Steiner, in addition to founding the Anthroposophical Society and its First Class and the Christian Community, had set up a group of spirit workers so that, if all other initiatives failed, the vital task of providing access to the spirit in modern form would not be wasted for mankind...

              ..A further aspect of matters I learned from my "elders" (in this context I must also include my former Class reader, the late Michael Wilson), was learning of Rudolf Steiner's system for ensuring that inner work would take place regardless of what occurred in the Anthroposophical Society. .

              ..Michael Wilson specifically mentioned to me that he had heard on 3 occasions by the 1970s of the existence of an "unofficial" group for inner work being set up by Steiner, but on which he had been unable to glean any useful information. He referred to having once met one party, which he believed formed part of this body, in Germany..

              ..In Italy the filiation of my "elders" was much clearer. My initial contacts were all personal pupils of Massimo Scaligero, and I was urged to contact him, which I did for some 6-7 years repeatedly until his death. In fact I was able to prepare a translation of his "Treatise on Living Thought" into English which he vetted for me – as his English was really quite good, though, being bi-lingual I always spoke to him in Italian.

              We worked together (and by this I also mean did exercises together) on a number of occasions, though my living in England meant I was never able to attend any of his lectures. We also discussed various aspects of the inner path together in some considerable detail, in the way outlined above. He always maintained that his master was Giovanni Colazza, who in turn was (seemingly a favourite) pupil of Rudolf Steiner's....."

              So we have Rudolf Steiner having purposely set up 'spirit worker Anthros' to undoubtedly in part ensure "the vital task of providing access to the spirit in modern form" should the outward Society fall under the ruling forces of materialism, and as of 2005, at the time when an Ahrimanic earthly incarnation was fully expected, Judith von Halle became inflicted with a stigmata and is still UNABLE to accept food as she did previously.

              Does her situation 'fit' with Michael Werner's?

              Does Judith play tennis? I doubt it.

              WHAT could possibly be THE BOTTOM LINE to all of this??

              C.

               

               

               

               


              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Thomas Smith" <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

              >
              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "tmasthenes13"
              > TomBuoyed@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Yo, Frank!
              > >
              > > I'm glad you got to speak with natives in the Fatherland about Judith,
              > > but I am quite baffled that your fellows over there, in discussing
              > > Nahrungslosigkeit ("total abstinence from food") made no mention
              > > whatsoever of Michael Werner, the chemist and anthroposophist from
              > > Arlesheim, who has been going without food since 2001 --- 3 years
              > > longer than Judith and he has no Stigmata! (Then we can call him truly
              > > "Astigmatic")
              >
              > Possibly because we never heard of him.
              >
              > >
              > > In my Google research on Judith, I came across a couple of articles
              > > about Michael Werner since he has both written a book on the subject,
              > > complete with DIY (Do It Yourself)instructions for anyone to learn to
              > > live on light alone --- and he has supposedly submitted himself to a
              > > hard scientific independent research project to validate his claims.
              >
              > This reminds me of a guy I didn't know: Johnny Lovewisdom, ,an
              > American who decided that food sucks and decided he could win the
              > battle over it. He went to Ecuador, where he could wear as few clothes
              > as possible, went from vegetarian to vegan to fruitcake, which wasn't
              > enough and anyway the town he was in was polluted. So he went into the
              > jungle, built a hut and tried to live on water alone, his ultimate
              > goal being to live on air (light?) alone. Got sick so decided the
              > water was polluted. He founded a "university", forget the name, and
              > granted doctors degrees upon subscription to his newsletter. A friend
              > of mine was in correspondence with him, is a "Doktor" and subscriber.
              > I'm not saying that the people we're discussing are like him (really)
              > - only that I was reminded of him.
              > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Lovewisdom
              >
              > >
              > > What's also baffling is that you say you went to an Info3 conference.
              >
              > Not an Info3 conference. I wrote that I submitted a letter to the
              > forerunner of INfo3 back in the seventies, the meeting I went to has
              > nothing to do with the Info3 of today.
              >
              > > Below I cite an Info3 article from December 2003 by Thomas Stoeckli,
              > > all about Michael Werner entitled: "The Man who does not Eat."
              > >
              > > http://www.info3.de/ycms/printartikel_1224.shtml
              >
              > Interesting. The article is from 2002 and states that a scientific
              > study was soon to be made by a university to test Herr Werner's bona
              > fides. Do you happen to know if the study was in fact undertaken and
              > what the results were?
              >
              > >
              > > What gives, Frank? Are these Info3 guys as well as those skittish
              > > scientist types you mention above all fluttering around in some kind
              > > of hand-wringing female-etheric-hysterical denial mode about Werner?
              >
              > Again: NOT Info3 guys. I don't even subscribe to Info3 anymore because
              > of the difficulty in paying them now that Europe no longer accepts
              > checks and Info3 doesn't accept Amexco. Very Eurocentrist that.
              >
              > >
              > > Since it is much easier to fake not eating than it is to fake a
              > > bloody stigmata, I would think that debunking Michael Werner would
              > > have been a much hotter topic of discussion for youse guys than Judith.
              >
              > Actually, no one debunked her, only 2 of us expressed doubts about the
              > real possibility of completely abstaining from food. Personally, I
              > neither doubt nor accept what Judith claims, and would certainly like
              > to believe her, but... Well, maybe if I knew her personally and asked
              > her out on a date, you know dinner by candlelight...oops no, that
              > wouldn't do. I wonder if she drinks wine. O well, we could at least
              > see Die Meistersaenger von Nuremburg or The Bourne Ultimatum together.
              > >
              > > I also cite below a PDF article I found in German which is dated this
              > > year.
              > >
              > > --------------------------------------------------------------
              > > Lichtnahrung – Versuch einer Stellungnahme
              > > Immo Lünzer und Astrid Schmitt-Dossou
              > > Arbeitsgruppe „Kosmische Ernährung" im Arbeitskreis für
              > > Ernährungsforschung, Bad Vilbel 27.3.07
              > >
              > >
              > http://www.medsektion-goetheanum.org/files/pdf/lichtnahrung_stellungnahm_312.pdf
              > >
              > >
              > > Nutrition by Light: a Commentary
              > >
              > > by Immo Lünzer und Astrid Schmitt-Dossou
              > > The Working Group "Cosmic Nutrition"
              > > within the Working Circle for Nutrition Research
              > > Bad Vilbel
              > > March 27, 2007
              >
              > Yeah, this is even more interesting, especially since I lived in Bad
              > Vilbel for a while. Anyway, it's time for brunch.
              > Frank
              >
              > >
              > > ---------------------------------------------
              > >
              > > I'll be translating a few excerpts from each source and posting them.
              > >
              > > Ottmar, you seem to have a good "check on the pulse" of what's
              > > happening over there is Germany. What do you say about Michael Werner
              > > and his Nahrungslosigkeit?
              > >
              > > Tom
              > >
              >

            • Frank Thomas Smith
              ... No, but we re like 2 peas in a pod. And ... Are you mazbe providing tickets for all of us? f.
              Message 6 of 26 , Sep 29, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, dottie zold
                <dottie_z@...> wrote:
                >
                > dy
                >
                > > Book the flight and reserve it. I shall take care of
                > > it from there.
                > >
                >
                > mazbe JoAnn will join us? Have you two ever met?

                No, but we're like 2 peas in a pod.

                And
                > then maybe Taz will meet us and Sune and Detlef and
                > all our other european friends?????
                >

                Are you mazbe providing tickets for all of us?
                f.
              • dottie zold
                I could and would if you all are interested. In fact i think that would be wonderful, All good things, Dottie ...
                Message 7 of 26 , Sep 29, 2007
                • 0 Attachment
                  I could and would if you all are interested. In fact i
                  think that would be wonderful,

                  All good things,
                  Dottie
                  --- Frank Thomas Smith <eltrigal78@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com,
                  > dottie zold
                  > <dottie_z@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > dy
                  > >
                  > > > Book the flight and reserve it. I shall take
                  > care of
                  > > > it from there.
                  > > >
                  > >
                  > > mazbe JoAnn will join us? Have you two ever met?
                  >
                  > No, but we're like 2 peas in a pod.
                  >
                  > And
                  > > then maybe Taz will meet us and Sune and Detlef
                  > and
                  > > all our other european friends?????
                  > >
                  >
                  > Are you mazbe providing tickets for all of us?
                  > f.
                  >
                  >
                  >




                  ____________________________________________________________________________________
                  Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search
                  that gives answers, not web links.
                  http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.