Stigmata

  • radistasi2@peoplepc.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
      I thought I would drop a couple of references about stigmata from RSteiner's lectures. I was going to add a third but it is much too long. It is from his 'Mark' cycle, lecture 7. He speaks of pre-Christian humanity when some individuals would have spontaneous open wounds due to the Ego (or other higher force) descending too deeply into the body to which part of its force bursts out through a weak point in the body. I wonder if the same phenomenon is working in the case of today's stigmatists.

      "Now he could rise to the third stage. The teacher said to him: “Thou must cultivate a feeling which can endure that all thou holdest highest should be treated with scorn and derision.” The scorn and derision must be for him nothing, in comparison with his own inner strength and certainty. Then the pupil experienced two symptoms of Christian initiation. He experienced the crowning with thorns; spiritually he saw himself with the crown of thorns and experienced a kind of pain in the head which is the sign of this stage of initiation. Afterwards, as a fourth experience he had to develop the feeling that his body was no more for him than any other object in the world. He carried the body with him only as an instrument. In many Mystery-schools one learned to accustom oneself to speak in the following way: “My body goes through the door,” and so on. In this way the mystic experienced in himself the Crucifixion. He saw himself crucified. The outer symbol was that during the meditation stigmata appeared at the places of the wounds of Christ — in the hands, in the feet and in the right side. This is the blood-trial of the Mystic, the fourth stage of initiation." [The Gospel of St. John and the Ancient Mysteries; Dusseldorf; Nov. 27, 1906 GA-unknown].

      Then initiation stepped out of the darkness of the mysteries into the brightest daylight. The initiation of all mankind took place historically — symbolically to begin with — at the stage of feeling in a great, mighty personality, the carrier of the highest unifying principle, of the Word, that expresses the hidden Father, that is his manifestation, that since it took on human form it became the son of man and could be the representative for all mankind, the unifying band for all I's: In Christ, the spirit of life, the eternal unifying one. This event was so powerful that it could go on working in every human being who lived by it, right into the appearance of stigmata, right into the most excruciating pains. Feeling was shaken to its depths. An intensity of feeling arose that had never flooded the world in such mighty waves before. The sacrifice of the I had taken place for all in the initiation on the cross of divine love. The physical expression of the I, the blood, had flowed in love for mankind and it worked in such a way that thousands pressed to this initiation, to this death and let their blood stream out in love, in enthusiasm for mankind. How much blood flowed out in this way was never sufficiently emphasized, people are no longer aware of it, not even in theosophical circles. But the waves of enthusiasm that flowed down in this blood and ascended have fulfilled their task. They've become mighty impulse givers. They have made men ripe for an initiation of will.

      And this is Christ's legacy. [Contents of the Esoteric Classes 1903 or 1904 ]

      source: www.elib.com

      rick distasi

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2007
        Right. Stigmatas also come in different degrees. My
        mentor has gone through the stigmata process. And has
        also been thrown up against the wall and had a gash on
        her head ala Christian Rosenkruetz. The point is that
        you keep on doing what you do so you do not fall into
        the Luciferic tempation that sets you apart from
        others in this lifetime, or oneslifetime.

        The point of freedom can not be missed. It's always a
        mark on how I see others and what their experiences
        have been. If I find people then telling me what I
        have to do because of their experiences, or what
        otheres have to do, it is a very big issue for me with
        my whole life forces working towards freedom.

        Right now working on understanding the 'take up your
        body and walk' and its hellacious. How does one work
        through these various parts of initiations without
        coming out with all kinds of 'you have to do this and
        that and this and that'? It's hellacious. And this
        leads me to better understand Sister Teresa and her
        judgement on her behaviours and feelings towards God.

        The Pope came out and said basically that she
        experienced God's silence. And that is part of the
        take up your body and walk thing. And its interesting
        because as a woman of God she was treading on walking
        away from that which held her to the Catholic Church:
        another mans thinking for her own. And the Saints of
        old, when they reincarnate, its horrific if they end
        up back in the Church again at this time. Yet it must
        also be one of the biggest growths: to be a Sister of
        the church and to actually find that it holds nothing
        any longer for what she needs for todays time. She
        actually has to deny it. It's pretty incredible to be
        faced with something like that. And what inner
        turmoil. And how excrutiating it must be to know of
        God and of Christ and yet to not experience Him in the
        Hierarchies of this institution. It used to be a safe
        bet. In todays time all bets are off.

        A friend the other day said 'we shall be seekers of
        the truth' and so wherever we might find it, no matter
        where, truth it is. However it doesnt' mean that
        everything else within that work is truth. In todays
        time we are cherry pickers of that which has been so
        broken down that one has to have a good eye and ear to
        find it.

        All good things,
        Dottie