Re: Virtual WC/song

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 39 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

      > Joost back from QueebecK...
      >

      > An' a sad scene, it wuz, at the beheadin'...but bein' dacent folk
      > doin' him in...he wuz granted one last request:
      >
      > "You have one last request."
      >
      > "Weel now, tis damned dacent of ye."
      >
      > "Do you want a hood?"
      >
      > "No, thank ye"
      >
      > "Do you want a priest?"
      >
      > "No, thank ye, ye'll be needin' him more than Oi do."
      >
      > "What, then?"
      >
      > "Oi'd loike ta sing one last song."
      >
      > "Get on with it."
      >
      > "Will ye honor me last request in full."
      >
      > "We will. Get on with it."
      >
      > "An' so I weel....'one hundred meellion bottles o' beer on the wall,
      > one hundred meellion bottles of beer..."

      Ah, the eternal song of confusion. Ain't it sweet?

      (Welcome back, Gman! You seem to have come through that whole hideous
      ordeal without a scratch. How'd ya manange that?

      Sis Gin
    • write3chairs
      Message 39 of 39 , Sep 2, 2007
        An optimist isn't necessarily a blithe, sappy whistler in the dark. To
        be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. If we remember
        those times and places where people have behaved magnificently, this
        gives us energy to act and at least the possibility of sending this
        spinning top of a world in a different direction.

        Howard Zinn