Re: Rules for Ravishing the Spirit

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 37 , Aug 21, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, radistasi2 wrote:

      > holderlin66,
      > Thanks for this tribute to Paulina.
      > The poem was of great beauty.
      > If you don't mind I would like to post
      > it on a couple of other egroups as well.
      > Thanks again,
      > rick distasi

      Yes, thank you. I didn't know Pauline but offer my
      condolences to her family and friends. She seemed
      to be the kind of woman to keep the fire burning,
      and inspire deep thought to derive meaning from
      world events and individuals' actions. In particular,
      I was struck by what she wrote about Cindy Sheehan:

      > "Please don't reference Sheehan to me.
      > She is an unfortunate woman who did not take
      > the time to grieve the loss of her son in
      > a necessary way before letting her emotions
      > get hooked by ideologues, and don't tell me
      > I'm clueless about this, I've buried two
      > sons - both just 21 -within 14 months of
      > each other and i kept going to work day in
      > and day out. It takes a lot of soul steel
      > to get through the loss of a child,
      > especially after having seen then reach
      > the age of 21. Been there done that.
      > Sheehan is way off base and the ret of her
      > family thinks so as well. Her husband is
      > even divorcing her."

      These are harsh judgments yet, at the same time,
      honest reactions. I am grateful for Cindy and
      have deep respect for her, and accept that even
      opinions like the one stated above have value
      in the grand scheme of things, whether we agree
      with them or not. If we all listened to (and
      obeyed) everything our families, spouses, friends,
      and other well-meaning people in our lives said
      and didn't (instead) follow our own unique path,
      we would never know the sweet taste of success.
      We would never experience that which is ours alone
      to experience. In tribute to Cindy and Pauline, both.

    • radistasi2@peoplepc.com
      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 23, 2007
        Thank you Bradford.
        rick distasi