My, my....

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2007
      Hey, and he's a Norwegian to boot!

      Saturday, August 18, 2007

      Essay: "I'm the proud owner of Karl Rove's father's solid gold cock

      Shannon Larratt, founder of the body modification online publication
      BMEzine, pointed us a few days ago to a first-person essay that a
      person named Yard[D]og was writing, regarding the adoptive father of
      Deputy White House Chief of Staff Karl Rove (shown in the image at
      left). Yard[D]og claims to have been a close personal friend of the
      now-deceased elder Rove.

      About the essay's contents, Mr. Larratt said:

      "Karl Rove's father was not only gay, but a part of the early body
      piercing scene and a regular at 70s piercing parties... There are
      pictures of him on BME."

      Here is part of that essay. BMEzine just published it in entirety
      with detailed photos said to depict the elder Mr. Rove's numerous
      genital piercings.

      I have no way of immediately verifying the statements in this essay,
      or the source of the photos. I am pursuing that now, have received
      will update soon. I do know that Mr. Larratt is a friend of the
      author (a known participant in the body modification community), that
      he is personally familiar with the story, and is not given to
      publishing material he believes to be false. With that disclaimer out
      of the way, here's an excerpt:

      - - - - - - - - - -

      Louie loved his piercings, they made him smile. People who are
      pierced will understand.

      So there on the floor in his library, amid teaching videos on
      piercings and piles of [Piercing Fans International Quarterly], I
      listened to one man's account of his travels through the Los Angeles
      piercing community in the 70's and 80's — the "piercing parties" with
      folks getting pierced on coffee tables in private homes, nurses that
      helped, and a guy named Jim. I knew about Jim. I had both my nipples
      pierced at The Gauntlet.

      Louie also knew about play piercing; I wanted to learn and so he
      taught me. And so between splashing in the pool, brunches, visiting
      his volunteer list of AIDS patients, eating at all numbers of
      restaurants, visiting friends who lived around the area, birding at
      the Salton Sea and eating TV dinners, we explored needles and the
      effect they have on you.

      During the day I was told the names of piercings ... I hated the
      words but I wanted to know about each kind. To this day I've never
      gotten a dydoe because Louie told me it was a hard heal. I never
      copied Louie's piercings but I never got them out of my mind. Some
      years after I last saw him, I found another friend, a professional
      piercer name Sque3z who took me on another journey recounted here on
      BME. Louie would be proud.

      Louie and I exchanged gifts over the years. He really liked those
      stainless ball weights and I like gold jewelry ... so I have a 14
      karat gold cock ring that once belonged to Louie, and he had a bunch
      of ball weights that belonged to me.

      So who cares about one man's journey into piercing? For me it is not
      about a gossipy story, though some people will take it that way. It
      is not about telling secrets or things left best unsaid; it is about
      a little piece of history. Perhaps in telling this story someone else
      will be able to tell a better one another day.

      The "Jim" in this story is the Jim Ward who started the piercing
      industry. Louie is Louis Claude Rove whose adopted son's first name
      is Karl. Louie died quietly in Palm Springs as his very secular, not-
      believing son ran President Bush's campaign for President of the
      United States that energized the Christian evangelical base around
      the wedge issue of gay marriage...

      As I watched the news this week, I saw a Karl Rove standing beside
      the President, his voice crocking, talking about his love for Bush
      and his country but over that "noise," I heard the memory of Joe
      Koons whispering in my ear.

      "You do know who his son is?"

      ... Oh My God!

      And now I wondered if that son ever cried for the man who raised him
      and watched him grow up? I'd be curious as to how Karl Rove would
      ever explain his pierced, gay father? He never told the people in
      Louis' phone book that he had died, nor invited them to a service if
      there was one. No one even knows where he is buried.

      As for me? Well, I am the proud owner of Karl Rove's father's pure,
      solid gold cock ring! I've put it away with a few memories and
      pictures of his father. And in my garden grows a nasty, prickly
      little cactus from Louie's backyard ... alive and well.

      - - - - - - - -

      Link to full text. NSFW advisory: Contains links to photographs of
      pierced genitals said to those of Karl Rove's father, with a "modesty
      mosaic" imposed over the thumbnail images at that main link.

      FWIW, Wikipedia has this to say about Louis Claude Rove Jr.:

      Rove was born the second of three children in Denver, Colorado, and
      later raised in Sparks, Nevada. His biological father abandoned the
      family early on and his mother remarried. His new adoptive father,
      Louis Claude Rove Jr., was a mineral geologist, and his mother, Reba
      Wood, was a gift shop manager. His older brother is Eric P. Rove, and
      his younger sister is Reba A. Rove-Hammond. His adoptive father is of
      Norwegian descent.