Sources (was: Demonology/ Sorat - 666 - Salomo's seal)

  • Tarjei Straume
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 26, 2007
      Thank you for this, Ottmar. One usually has to do
      a lot of literary digging to find instances where
      something or other that Steiner spoke of has been
      mentioned by his predecessors. He had a very
      sophisticated library in his study, and those who
      claim that he was a fraud, like our beloved
      pilgimage sister Diana, are prone to insist that
      Steiner was only duplicating his sources, and
      that spiritual investigations and seership had nothing to do with it.

      But we know better than that. When Rudolf Steiner
      discovered that something he was about to reveal
      of an occult nature had never before been said,
      he would make sure he had the approval of the
      progressive hierarchies, which is why he
      sometimes said something like: "It is the will of
      the spiritual world that these things be given to
      humanity today....", "This is now being revealed
      to mankind because..." etc. If he discovered that
      something had been given out previously, in
      earlier centuries, it was a burden off his shoulders, and off his karma.

      Which reminds me: In connection with the masonic
      Temple Legend and elsewhere, Steiner spoke of the
      first book of Genesis, about the seven Elohim
      Spirits who created the solar system and life on
      earth and so on, and that one of these,
      Yahve-Elohim or Jehovah, acquired dictatorial
      control of earth-evolution, pushing the other
      Elohims away (chasing them off to the sun), and
      made himself sole ruler (the jealous god
      tolerating none other and all that). Apart from
      the Freemasons and Blavatsky, I've heard that
      this version of Genesis has also been described
      in some medieval texts; does anyone else know
      about such texts, about the seven Elohims and Yahve's coup d'etat?

      Cheers,

      Tarjei