Re: Christ!

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "Mike helsher" wrote:

      > Hey Jen,
      >
      > I think that if you can, and choose to really THINK,
      > sense free, we are in a Christ like experience. That
      > may not always resonate with the euphoric feelings
      > that I think we want, or think we should feel -
      > like being instantly cured of leprosy or something.
      > But it does resonate always as a still small voice.
      > Real thinking is to choose to die to the material world,
      > completely. Victor Frankle learned this the hard way,
      > in a Nazi concentration camp (or perhaps is was easier
      > for him because of the extreme suffering he had to endure).

      Mike, you express this so beautifully, better than my
      feeble attempt. Thank you. You also remind me of what
      I learned about Frankl from his book, "Man's Search
      for Meaning," which I am guessing you have read?
      I was struck by how well he came to understand the
      meaning of sacrifice. At one point, he talked about
      one of the prisoners who "had tried to make a pact
      with Heaven that his suffering and death should
      save the human being he loved from a painful end."
      Frankl then went on to say: "Those of us who had any
      religious faith, I said frankly, could understand
      [the meaning of our sacrifice] without difficulty."
      What he experienced and what he *taught* from that
      experience is invaluable. In his words, the prisoners
      "must not lose hope but should keep their courage in
      the certainty that the hopelessness of our struggle
      did not detract from its dignity and its meaning."
      Whoever is looking down on us, he says, whether a
      beloved person, alive or dead, or God, does not expect
      us to disappoint him. "He would hope to find us
      suffering proudly - not miserably - knowing how to die."

      (I wrote a paper on this book recently, by the way,
      which is why it's all fresh in my mind!)

      > The main reason that I so Love Rudolf Steiner's
      > writings is his rendition of "The Christ Impulse"
      > which I understand as our ability to think in
      > the mind of God. I doing so, something always gets
      > resurrected.
      >
      > There's a universal law of Gender that says that
      > in the physical world, every seed has a gestation
      > period, which we can predict. I think that it applies
      > to our spiritual selves as well, though we can't
      > predict the time it will take for an idea that is
      > held firm in our minds, to come into being. Perhaps
      > because time doesn't exist in the realm of spirit.
      > But one thing's for sure, if we hold the image
      > clearly and willfully, and then let it go, like
      > breathing, then by Law something will grow out
      > of that idea.
      >
      > Co-creators we are!

      So beautifully put, Mike. Thanks for sharing this.

      Love to you, too!

      Jennifer