Cybertroll Summerschool

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2007

      Official Press Release Part 4

      Cybertroll Software

      Hey, it's summer and playtime, and I'm posting from Wenzhou in China. Just run a check on my IP address, and you'll see. The lesson to be learned here is that any IP can belong to absolutely anybody regardless of geography -- at least for the moment. This has created quite a stir over in the hole, with a fascinating exchange between Pete K and Uncle Oz, who is the cousin of Uncle Taz and Uncle Sam, and an honorary member of the Lodge of Planetary Aunts and Uncles. I'll get back to that, which is a pearl and a treasure. (If you want to know the secret of how the hole is being trolled, just keep on reading!)

      In the meantime, it's time for some Shakespeare:

      Hole dwellers beware: Here's Puck plotting mischief with a fairy. Yep, a FAIRY! Isn't that one of the reasons they're so afraid of anthroposophy and Waldorf, because of fairies?

      Excerpt from A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 2, Scene 1:

      The king doth keep his revels here to-night:
      Take heed the queen come not within his sight;
      For Oberon is passing fell and wrath,
      Because that she as her attendant hath
      A lovely boy, stolen from an Indian king;
      She never had so sweet a changeling;
      And jealous Oberon would have the child
      Knight of his train, to trace the forests wild;
      But she perforce withholds the loved boy,
      Crowns him with flowers and makes him all her joy:
      And now they never meet in grove or green,
      By fountain clear, or spangled starlight sheen,
      But, they do square, that all their elves for fear
      Creep into acorn-cups and hide them there.

      Either I mistake your shape and making quite,
      Or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite
      Call'd Robin Goodfellow: are not you he
      That frights the maidens of the villagery;
      Skim milk, and sometimes labour in the quern
      And bootless make the breathless housewife churn;
      And sometime make the drink to bear no barm;
      Mislead night-wanderers, laughing at their harm?
      Those that Hobgoblin call you and sweet Puck,
      You do their work, and they shall have good luck:
      Are not you he?

      Comment: Did you read that? The fairy says that Puck likes to mislead night-wanderers and laugh at their harm! That's trolling, my friends, summertrolling! And the hole dwellers curse, and thinking the thoughts of Goebbels themselves, they accuse anybody with a worldview they strongly dislike of their very own Nazi malady, so Shakespeare was an anti-Semitic racist, of course, creating Shylock in "A Merchant of Venice" and everything....

      Well now, back to Puck, who answers the fairy:

      Thou speak'st aright;
      I am that merry wanderer of the night.
      I jest to Oberon and make him smile
      When I a fat and bean-fed horse beguile,
      Neighing in likeness of a filly foal:
      And sometime lurk I in a gossip's bowl,
      In very likeness of a roasted crab,
      And when she drinks, against her lips I bob
      And on her wither'd dewlap pour the ale.
      The wisest aunt, telling the saddest tale,
      Sometime for three-foot stool mistaketh me;
      Then slip I from her bum, down topples she,
      And 'tailor' cries, and falls into a cough;
      And then the whole quire hold their hips and laugh,
      And waxen in their mirth and neeze and swear
      A merrier hour was never wasted there.
      But, room, fairy! here comes Oberon.

      Comment: Puck sometimes lurks in a gossip's bowl in the very likeness of a roasted crab! Now that's superb trolling! Shakespeare really knew what he was talking about! Now, let's move ahead in this scene, skip a few things and pay attention to the exchange between Oberon and Puck:

      My gentle Puck, come hither. Thou rememberest
      Since once I sat upon a promontory,
      And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
      Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath
      That the rude sea grew civil at her song
      And certain stars shot madly from their spheres,
      To hear the sea-maid's music.

      I remember.

      Comment: Did you get that? Mermaids and seamaids and stars in the heavens! What an anti-hole-dweller conspiracy! Let's read on:

      That very time I saw, but thou couldst not,
      Flying between the cold moon and the earth,
      Cupid all arm'd: a certain aim he took
      At a fair vestal throned by the west,
      And loosed his love-shaft smartly from his bow,
      As it should pierce a hundred thousand hearts;
      But I might see young Cupid's fiery shaft
      Quench'd in the chaste beams of the watery moon,
      And the imperial votaress passed on,
      In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
      Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:
      It fell upon a little western flower,
      Before milk-white, now purple with love's wound,
      And maidens call it love-in-idleness.
      Fetch me that flower; the herb I shew'd thee once:
      The juice of it on sleeping eye-lids laid
      Will make or man or woman madly dote
      Upon the next live creature that it sees.
      Fetch me this herb; and be thou here again
      Ere the leviathan can swim a league.

      I'll put a girdle round about the earth
      In forty minutes.

      Having once this juice,
      I'll watch Titania when she is asleep,
      And drop the liquor of it in her eyes.
      The next thing then she waking looks upon,
      Be it on lion, bear, or wolf, or bull,
      On meddling monkey, or on busy ape,
      She shall pursue it with the soul of love:
      And ere I take this charm from off her sight,
      As I can take it with another herb,
      I'll make her render up her page to me.
      But who comes here? I am invisible;
      And I will overhear their conference.

      Comment: Yep, these elemental spirits are playing around with Cupid's potion when mortals are asleep, so they wake up and fall in love with the first living thing they lay their eyes on. Now let's move on to the next scene:

      Excerpt from A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 2, Scene 2:

      The Fairies sing
      You spotted snakes with double tongue,
      Thorny hedgehogs, be not seen;
      Newts and blind-worms, do no wrong,
      Come not near our fairy queen.
      Philomel, with melody
      Sing in our sweet lullaby;
      Lulla, lulla, lullaby, lulla, lulla, lullaby:
      Never harm,
      Nor spell nor charm,
      Come our lovely lady nigh;
      So, good night, with lullaby.
      Weaving spiders, come not here;
      Hence, you long-legg'd spinners, hence!
      Beetles black, approach not near;
      Worm nor snail, do no offence.
      Philomel, with melody, & c.

      Comment: Well, enough of that stuff, and back to the cyberworld, to the hole where Puck seems to be still at work with his summertrolling. He's pouring a potion on the hole dwellers, but because of their nature, they don't fall in love with each other; they fall in hate! Yep, and they think Puck is doing his thing with them because he hates them, not because he just loves fun and games in summertime.

      Here is a slightly excerpted version of their latest exchange between Pete K and Uncle Oz:

      UNCLE OZ:
      Dan or anybody can report anybody to Yahoo for ToS violations. Why don't YOU report us?

      PETE K:
      US? Is that referring your multiple personalities or all the AT people joining in a single personality?

      UNCLE OZ:
      I hope you DO report me. If you accuse me of being anybody's sockpuppet, you will fail to prove your case.

      PETE K:
      There is no "proof" required here - Tarjei has himself admitted several times to violating the TOS - nothing to prove.

      UNCLE OZ:
      Yahoo can trace the posts, and they can and will sort out violators. I am not one.

      PETE K:
      Since you have apparently confused my post with Diana's, this makes little sense... unless, of course, you're Tarjei.

      UNCLE OZ:
      I haven't read all these posts yet, but I remind you that all Dan needs to do is read my header, compare my IP to my HOME EMAIL ISP, and that should tell him whether or not I am here under more than one ID.

      PETE K:
      I think the content of your messages does more to identify you as a troll than anything else.

      UNCLE OZ:
      As for any other ToS violation, I have not made any.

      PETE K:
      Who said you did? The only claim against you is that you are a troll...

      UNCLE OZ:
      NOTE: That is why my very first post was about how to spot and contain such disruption. Or did you miss that I was on YOUR SIDE?

      PETE K:
      Thanks, Os, but I think you are mistaken if you think your attitude here is doing critics any favors.

      UNCLE OZ:
      I have the same problem with Anthroposophy and Waldorf that I have with Scientology and it's many front groups- that these groups are deceitful to the members and in their methods of inducting new adherents and that they are destructive, racist, totalitarian groups espousing Nazi-like tactics and mentalities. I do not blame the Anthroposophists or Scientologists for the conditions they find themselves in after having been ESSENTIALLY CONNED. This is why I speak out on the rare occasions I do.

      If you are not intending to enable Anthroposophy in derailing this board, why do you continue to bring my name into this discussion as if I am doing anything to subvert critical discussion about Anthroposophy?

      PETE K:
      Because it subverts critical discussion when you bring unfounded claims. We're not here to bash Waldorf or Anthroposophy - we're here to present factual information about Waldorf and Anthroposophy. You are unable to support anything you've said, apparently, and this is problematic to the credibility of this list. For example, can you support with other than opinion, anything you've posted above?

      UNCLE OZ:
      The first post I made (which you seemingly object to for some reason) was clearly a disservice to Anthroposophy's tactic of controlling discussions by harassing critics. Personally, I believe that YOU are harassing ME, which is NOT to your advantage if you want to keep the focus of this board on the evils of Anthroposophy.

      PETE K:
      NOBODY wants to keep the focus of this board on the "evils of Anthroposophy". You've completely missed the point of this board - and that's why you're catching hell from me, friend. Please take your hate elsewhere - this is not the place for bashing anyone or anything.

      UNCLE OZ:
      I would probably be posting a lot about what I have noticed and experienced with Waldorf and CSA, except that I am spending a lot of time fencing with you about this rubbish you are dishing out regarding me. Clearly, you do not welcome me here to add my thoughts into the mix, which in fact SERVES ANTHROPOSOPHY because I am generally well spoken, my posts are generally well considered, and I generally examine angles other people don't usually address.

      PETE K:
      That would come as a shock to me... as I have seen nothing in evidence of this so far.

      UNCLE OZ:
      In my opinion, you are behaving as a troll does- by bringing up some tangential irrelevant issue, making baseless and repetitive accusations and tossing around ad homs like handfuls of confetti at Mardi Gras.

      PETE K:
      What accusations have been baseless?

      UNCLE OZ:
      The admin has been informed of sockpuppet activity, it is up to him and nobody else what to do.

      PETE K:

      UNCLE OZ:
      Now, why don't you drop this discussion in favour of bringing other threads to the top of the page? Or would you rather continue to harass and provoke me and further disrupt the board?

      PETE K:
      That seems to be what you have been doing - quite successfully.

      Comment: Pete & Di seem to think that Uncle Taz is doing an Uncle Oz on them, not realizing that it's Shakespeare's Puck who's poured a little summertime potion onto their cybereyes, so they can't distinguish between trolls and people, friends and foes, anthroposophists and scientologists, IPs and IDs, because the IPs are jumping all over the planet and any ID could belong to anybody or manybody.

      Now that's what I call good trolling.