Re: Reading and whatnot

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
      <holderlin66@...> wrote:

      > "Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a
      pain-
      > in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
      > this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
      > etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
      > knowledge?..."best regards, McCann
      >
      > Skittish - Scantishness
      >
      > There is nothing like a brisk-luke-warm glass of coward,
      > Afraid to mumble wink or nod that from the ethers we are showered,
      > Plants bespeak it, lovers seek it, but cowards fink it.
      > Oh who can express, and why bother, the old divine refrain
      > That god is our father...nobody could outdo or gainsay
      > How every word and search we make for His namesake, is vain.
      > No need to stumble on your altar boy attire,
      > No need to comprehend and wake the deeper hidden way,
      > It is hidden, why bother. Every subjective heart to his own
      > Who might describe or could describe it stands alone.
      >
      > Rubbish, rot and lazy self-satisfied little shadow
      > Ask not what others might say for you, say it for yourself
      > And feel the tendrils of the soul reach out to light
      > What thoughts and hearts reveal inspite of you.
      >
      > Inspite of you who sit with self complacent smirk
      > And nod your shadow doubts outside the Michael School walls
      > Why not enter straight it's bright illuminated halls?
      > For from within the halls the Christ illumination comes
      > To those who willingly carry light or bend to find the crumbs.
      > And step by careful step the light you knew you refused
      > Illuminates the path of thinkings many spectrums views.
      >
      > Untangle threads of light where conscience and etheric strength
      > sees each step and slowly light from you reveals,
      > Etheric borders and etheric bodies in temperament and plant,
      > You find the skimpy, stingy universe less skeletal, less scant.
      >
      > 1. Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than
      is
      > wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant
      > allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a
      > garment.
      > His sermon was scant, in all, a quarter of an hour.

      Well, "plant" certainly does rhyme with "scant"...and both, of
      course, rhyme with "rant".
    • Jean-Marc Nguyen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
        Tarjei, you wrote:

        Jean-Marc, you wrote:

        >Unfortunately, the three lectures of GA 74
        [The Philosophy of Thomas
        >Aquinas] aren't available from the Rudolf
        Steiner Archive.

        If you have the time and patience, I know that James greatly
        appreciates contributions to the online library (monetary as well as
        literary). Just scan it in, the text as text and the covers (back and
        front) plus all illustrations as pictures, proofread all the text
        (that's where the time-consuming labor lies), and send him one
        lecture at the time, communicating as you go along. I did this some
        time ago with GA #110 (The Spiritual Hierarchies and Their Reflection
        in the Physical World), and when I get around to it, I'lll contribute
        more. If we all donate our RS libraries this way, it will all be online soon.

        Hang on a minute...Tarjei! :-)

        I thought it was pretty obvious that I translated the passages from
        the German.

        I strongly suspect that James is looking for scans of *English* versions of
        the lectures...

        A little clarification, please.Thanks.
        Jean-Marc

        PS The English title is mine... :-)

      • Tarjei Straume
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
          James takes English, German, Spanish and French versions, as you can
          see from this list of books:

          http://www.rsarchive.org/Books/

          But nevermind, I do have the English version of the Aquinas lectures,
          "Redemption of Thinking", buried somewhere at the bottom of my stash
          -- we're still redecorating, which seems to take forever >:-o

          Cheers,

          Tarjei