Re: Reading and whatnot

  • holderlin66
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
      "Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a pain-
      in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
      this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
      etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
      knowledge?..."best regards, McCann

      Skittish - Scantishness

      There is nothing like a brisk-luke-warm glass of coward,
      Afraid to mumble wink or nod that from the ethers we are showered,
      Plants bespeak it, lovers seek it, but cowards fink it.
      Oh who can express, and why bother, the old divine refrain
      That god is our father...nobody could outdo or gainsay
      How every word and search we make for His namesake, is vain.
      No need to stumble on your altar boy attire,
      No need to comprehend and wake the deeper hidden way,
      It is hidden, why bother. Every subjective heart to his own
      Who might describe or could describe it stands alone.

      Rubbish, rot and lazy self-satisfied little shadow
      Ask not what others might say for you, say it for yourself
      And feel the tendrils of the soul reach out to light
      What thoughts and hearts reveal inspite of you.

      Inspite of you who sit with self complacent smirk
      And nod your shadow doubts outside the Michael School walls
      Why not enter straight it's bright illuminated halls?
      For from within the halls the Christ illumination comes
      To those who willingly carry light or bend to find the crumbs.
      And step by careful step the light you knew you refused
      Illuminates the path of thinkings many spectrums views.

      Untangle threads of light where conscience and etheric strength
      sees each step and slowly light from you reveals,
      Etheric borders and etheric bodies in temperament and plant,
      You find the skimpy, stingy universe less skeletal, less scant.

      1. Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than is
      wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant
      allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a
      garment.
      His sermon was scant, in all, a quarter of an hour.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
        Gaelman:
        > "Without trying to put you on the spot...without
        > trying to be a pain-
        > in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey
        > Jean-Marc, what is
        > this business about the reappearance of the Christ
        > in the
        > etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice
        > from your own
        > knowledge?..."best regards, McCann

        And I think it a good question. A very good question
        for one who deems others may only be speaking
        theoretically on the back of Rudolf Steiner.

        Best,

        http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
      • gaelman58
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
          <holderlin66@...> wrote:

          > "Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a
          pain-
          > in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
          > this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
          > etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
          > knowledge?..."best regards, McCann
          >
          > Skittish - Scantishness
          >
          > There is nothing like a brisk-luke-warm glass of coward,
          > Afraid to mumble wink or nod that from the ethers we are showered,
          > Plants bespeak it, lovers seek it, but cowards fink it.
          > Oh who can express, and why bother, the old divine refrain
          > That god is our father...nobody could outdo or gainsay
          > How every word and search we make for His namesake, is vain.
          > No need to stumble on your altar boy attire,
          > No need to comprehend and wake the deeper hidden way,
          > It is hidden, why bother. Every subjective heart to his own
          > Who might describe or could describe it stands alone.
          >
          > Rubbish, rot and lazy self-satisfied little shadow
          > Ask not what others might say for you, say it for yourself
          > And feel the tendrils of the soul reach out to light
          > What thoughts and hearts reveal inspite of you.
          >
          > Inspite of you who sit with self complacent smirk
          > And nod your shadow doubts outside the Michael School walls
          > Why not enter straight it's bright illuminated halls?
          > For from within the halls the Christ illumination comes
          > To those who willingly carry light or bend to find the crumbs.
          > And step by careful step the light you knew you refused
          > Illuminates the path of thinkings many spectrums views.
          >
          > Untangle threads of light where conscience and etheric strength
          > sees each step and slowly light from you reveals,
          > Etheric borders and etheric bodies in temperament and plant,
          > You find the skimpy, stingy universe less skeletal, less scant.
          >
          > 1. Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than
          is
          > wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant
          > allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a
          > garment.
          > His sermon was scant, in all, a quarter of an hour.

          Well, "plant" certainly does rhyme with "scant"...and both, of
          course, rhyme with "rant".
        • Jean-Marc Nguyen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
            Tarjei, you wrote:

            Jean-Marc, you wrote:

            >Unfortunately, the three lectures of GA 74
            [The Philosophy of Thomas
            >Aquinas] aren't available from the Rudolf
            Steiner Archive.

            If you have the time and patience, I know that James greatly
            appreciates contributions to the online library (monetary as well as
            literary). Just scan it in, the text as text and the covers (back and
            front) plus all illustrations as pictures, proofread all the text
            (that's where the time-consuming labor lies), and send him one
            lecture at the time, communicating as you go along. I did this some
            time ago with GA #110 (The Spiritual Hierarchies and Their Reflection
            in the Physical World), and when I get around to it, I'lll contribute
            more. If we all donate our RS libraries this way, it will all be online soon.

            Hang on a minute...Tarjei! :-)

            I thought it was pretty obvious that I translated the passages from
            the German.

            I strongly suspect that James is looking for scans of *English* versions of
            the lectures...

            A little clarification, please.Thanks.
            Jean-Marc

            PS The English title is mine... :-)

          • Tarjei Straume
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
              James takes English, German, Spanish and French versions, as you can
              see from this list of books:

              http://www.rsarchive.org/Books/

              But nevermind, I do have the English version of the Aquinas lectures,
              "Redemption of Thinking", buried somewhere at the bottom of my stash
              -- we're still redecorating, which seems to take forever >:-o

              Cheers,

              Tarjei