Re: an ode to Oscar

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by your
      dog?

      Tarjei

      Mike H wrote:

      > Well, my pet Oscar (appropriately named Oscar) has passed on...:(
      >
      > I was suprised, after coming home with a small hospital tank to
      treat
      > him for a disease that was bugging him, to find an empty 55 gallon
      > tank. So sign of him anywhere (rather big fish at about 8 inches
      long)
      > eccept for a fishey smell on the breath of one of our dogs.
      >
      > sadly
      >
      > Mike

    • Mike helsher
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        <straume@...> wrote:

        > Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by your
        > dog?

        Fish. Oscars are popular south american fish that quickly out grow
        smaller aquariums.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Mike H wrote:

          > elfuncle wrote:
          > >
          > > Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by
          your
          > > dog?
          >
          > Fish. Oscars are popular south american fish that quickly out grow
          > smaller aquariums.

          This reminds me of a story told by my mom's aunt when I was a kid,
          and she was really the type for it -- There was this old widowed all
          alone in her house, and the only companion she had was a little
          goldfish swimming around in a little waterbowl.

          And then her little fish passed away, and she had nobody. So some of
          her neighbors and friends, all old ladies like herself, dropped by
          to comfort her and see how she was holding up.

          And then one of her visitors broke the ice:

          "How are you coping with the loss of (the goldfish's name) ?

          "Well, you know," she sighed, "it's been a little quiet around
          here without him."