an ode to Oscar

  • Mike helsher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Well, my pet Oscar (appropriately named Oscar) has passed on...:(

      I was suprised, after coming home with a small hospital tank to treat
      him for a disease that was bugging him, to find an empty 55 gallon
      tank. So sign of him anywhere (rather big fish at about 8 inches long)
      eccept for a fishey smell on the breath of one of our dogs.

      sadly

      Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by your
        dog?

        Tarjei

        Mike H wrote:

        > Well, my pet Oscar (appropriately named Oscar) has passed on...:(
        >
        > I was suprised, after coming home with a small hospital tank to
        treat
        > him for a disease that was bugging him, to find an empty 55 gallon
        > tank. So sign of him anywhere (rather big fish at about 8 inches
        long)
        > eccept for a fishey smell on the breath of one of our dogs.
        >
        > sadly
        >
        > Mike

      • Mike helsher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          <straume@...> wrote:

          > Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by your
          > dog?

          Fish. Oscars are popular south american fish that quickly out grow
          smaller aquariums.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            Mike H wrote:

            > elfuncle wrote:
            > >
            > > Was Oscar a dog that died, or was he a fish that was eaten by
            your
            > > dog?
            >
            > Fish. Oscars are popular south american fish that quickly out grow
            > smaller aquariums.

            This reminds me of a story told by my mom's aunt when I was a kid,
            and she was really the type for it -- There was this old widowed all
            alone in her house, and the only companion she had was a little
            goldfish swimming around in a little waterbowl.

            And then her little fish passed away, and she had nobody. So some of
            her neighbors and friends, all old ladies like herself, dropped by
            to comfort her and see how she was holding up.

            And then one of her visitors broke the ice:

            "How are you coping with the loss of (the goldfish's name) ?

            "Well, you know," she sighed, "it's been a little quiet around
            here without him."