Reading and whatnot

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      Jean-Marc wrote:

      McCann, your intellectual honesty is a form of clairvoyance that
      might
      cause considerable envy :-)
      What exactly do you mean by "I know of no one who has insight into
      that..."?
      Are you saying you've never read books, articles, anthro-list
      messages -
      dealing with the reappearance of the Christ in the etheric - without
      being
      utterly convinced, all things considered, that the authors were
      merely
      paraphrasing Rudolf Steiner and did not have a genuine personal
      spiritual
      scientific insight into the real meaning and actual situation of the
      Second
      Coming?...

      Well Jean-Marc, I've read a great deal...perhaps too much. In and
      of myself I am no authority on what Steiner alluded to when he spoke
      of the "Second Coming". My assumption is that it was experiential
      for him. I've read enough times from many spiritual teachers (and I
      can't even verify their authenticity) that the spiritual path is
      fraught with illusions and chimeras. My conclusion is simply that
      one doesn't become knowledgeable by reading...the one exception to
      that that comes to mind is Steiner's epistomological books...I say,
      that's true:)

      Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a pain-
      in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
      this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
      etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
      knowledge?...best regards, McCann
    • holderlin66
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
        "Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a pain-
        in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
        this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
        etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
        knowledge?..."best regards, McCann

        Skittish - Scantishness

        There is nothing like a brisk-luke-warm glass of coward,
        Afraid to mumble wink or nod that from the ethers we are showered,
        Plants bespeak it, lovers seek it, but cowards fink it.
        Oh who can express, and why bother, the old divine refrain
        That god is our father...nobody could outdo or gainsay
        How every word and search we make for His namesake, is vain.
        No need to stumble on your altar boy attire,
        No need to comprehend and wake the deeper hidden way,
        It is hidden, why bother. Every subjective heart to his own
        Who might describe or could describe it stands alone.

        Rubbish, rot and lazy self-satisfied little shadow
        Ask not what others might say for you, say it for yourself
        And feel the tendrils of the soul reach out to light
        What thoughts and hearts reveal inspite of you.

        Inspite of you who sit with self complacent smirk
        And nod your shadow doubts outside the Michael School walls
        Why not enter straight it's bright illuminated halls?
        For from within the halls the Christ illumination comes
        To those who willingly carry light or bend to find the crumbs.
        And step by careful step the light you knew you refused
        Illuminates the path of thinkings many spectrums views.

        Untangle threads of light where conscience and etheric strength
        sees each step and slowly light from you reveals,
        Etheric borders and etheric bodies in temperament and plant,
        You find the skimpy, stingy universe less skeletal, less scant.

        1. Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than is
        wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant
        allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a
        garment.
        His sermon was scant, in all, a quarter of an hour.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2007
          Gaelman:
          > "Without trying to put you on the spot...without
          > trying to be a pain-
          > in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey
          > Jean-Marc, what is
          > this business about the reappearance of the Christ
          > in the
          > etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice
          > from your own
          > knowledge?..."best regards, McCann

          And I think it a good question. A very good question
          for one who deems others may only be speaking
          theoretically on the back of Rudolf Steiner.

          Best,

          http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/
        • gaelman58
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66"
            <holderlin66@...> wrote:

            > "Without trying to put you on the spot...without trying to be a
            pain-
            > in-the-ass...if someone were to ask you, "Hey Jean-Marc, what is
            > this business about the reappearance of the Christ in the
            > etheric?"...do you think you could do it justice from your own
            > knowledge?..."best regards, McCann
            >
            > Skittish - Scantishness
            >
            > There is nothing like a brisk-luke-warm glass of coward,
            > Afraid to mumble wink or nod that from the ethers we are showered,
            > Plants bespeak it, lovers seek it, but cowards fink it.
            > Oh who can express, and why bother, the old divine refrain
            > That god is our father...nobody could outdo or gainsay
            > How every word and search we make for His namesake, is vain.
            > No need to stumble on your altar boy attire,
            > No need to comprehend and wake the deeper hidden way,
            > It is hidden, why bother. Every subjective heart to his own
            > Who might describe or could describe it stands alone.
            >
            > Rubbish, rot and lazy self-satisfied little shadow
            > Ask not what others might say for you, say it for yourself
            > And feel the tendrils of the soul reach out to light
            > What thoughts and hearts reveal inspite of you.
            >
            > Inspite of you who sit with self complacent smirk
            > And nod your shadow doubts outside the Michael School walls
            > Why not enter straight it's bright illuminated halls?
            > For from within the halls the Christ illumination comes
            > To those who willingly carry light or bend to find the crumbs.
            > And step by careful step the light you knew you refused
            > Illuminates the path of thinkings many spectrums views.
            >
            > Untangle threads of light where conscience and etheric strength
            > sees each step and slowly light from you reveals,
            > Etheric borders and etheric bodies in temperament and plant,
            > You find the skimpy, stingy universe less skeletal, less scant.
            >
            > 1. Not full, large, or plentiful; scarcely sufficient; less than
            is
            > wanted for the purpose; scanty; meager; not enough; as, a scant
            > allowance of provisions or water; a scant pattern of cloth for a
            > garment.
            > His sermon was scant, in all, a quarter of an hour.

            Well, "plant" certainly does rhyme with "scant"...and both, of
            course, rhyme with "rant".
          • Jean-Marc Nguyen
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
              Tarjei, you wrote:

              Jean-Marc, you wrote:

              >Unfortunately, the three lectures of GA 74
              [The Philosophy of Thomas
              >Aquinas] aren't available from the Rudolf
              Steiner Archive.

              If you have the time and patience, I know that James greatly
              appreciates contributions to the online library (monetary as well as
              literary). Just scan it in, the text as text and the covers (back and
              front) plus all illustrations as pictures, proofread all the text
              (that's where the time-consuming labor lies), and send him one
              lecture at the time, communicating as you go along. I did this some
              time ago with GA #110 (The Spiritual Hierarchies and Their Reflection
              in the Physical World), and when I get around to it, I'lll contribute
              more. If we all donate our RS libraries this way, it will all be online soon.

              Hang on a minute...Tarjei! :-)

              I thought it was pretty obvious that I translated the passages from
              the German.

              I strongly suspect that James is looking for scans of *English* versions of
              the lectures...

              A little clarification, please.Thanks.
              Jean-Marc

              PS The English title is mine... :-)

            • Tarjei Straume
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 10, 2007
                James takes English, German, Spanish and French versions, as you can
                see from this list of books:

                http://www.rsarchive.org/Books/

                But nevermind, I do have the English version of the Aquinas lectures,
                "Redemption of Thinking", buried somewhere at the bottom of my stash
                -- we're still redecorating, which seems to take forever >:-o

                Cheers,

                Tarjei