music for a Friday afternoon

  • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11 2:17 PM
    • Jo Ann Schwartz
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 2:52 PM
        DebB sent:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY

        Some backstory on this video:

        The above video was the most watched this week on YouTube.
        It all started when documentary filmmaker Tim Samuels was
        making a hard-hitting series for the BBC about the isolated
        and disenfranchised elderly in Britan titled Power To The
        People. He wanted to have a grand finale for his project
        by bringing together 40 of his subjects to record The Who's
        My Generation at Abbey Road studios in London to bring
        attention to their situation and blow some misconceptions
        of the elderly out of the water. U2's producer and Band
        Aid's video director jumped on board, the project gained
        momentum and the recording session went down:

        They were then coached from around the country to
        the North London studios, where the single was
        painstakingly recorded between band members having
        to sit out sections due to treatment for various
        medical problems. One fainted in over-excitement
        before she even reached the studios.

        Don't let that concern you, they all had a blast.
        Ninety-nine year old Winnifred Warbuton said the recording
        was "the best day in her life" and frontman Alf Carretta,
        90, stated, "I feel like the whole experience has brought
        me back to life. I was stuck in a rut and now I feel alive
        again". The man flipping the bird at the end of the video
        is Britain's oldest working citizen Buster Martin, 100.

        Already a cult hit on YouTube, the single comes out in May
        in Britain and looks like it might be a chart-topper! Check
        out The Zimmers' MySpace page too. Profits from the single
        will go to the non-profit organization Age Concern.

        http://tinyurl.com/2nzk49

        Musing those who are old are new again....
        JoAnn

        "Life's short and we never have enough time for the hearts of those who travel the way with us. O, be swift to love! Make haste to be kind." --Henri-Frederic Amiel