Calling all Michigan friends

    Message 1 of 18 , May 11, 2007
      Hey Everyone,

      So, whew, Sophia has just been taken by the Family and
      Child Services here in Los Angeles due to a
      technicallity from Michigan on a case that was won on
      the last day of court, but Miriam failed to show due
      to her 3 month old baby Natalia dying from inopperable
      cancer. She called to let them know and Eleazar showed
      up but his id had expired and they refused to allow
      him to be in court on her behalf.

      Two case workers from two different counties were
      working on the case because Miriam had moved from the
      place where the original complaint began. These two
      case workers had two very different opinions of Miriam
      and the hardernose one one the final judgement. The
      second one appealed and the judge agreed with her
      points and Sophia the case was then to be closed.
      Miriam saw the police cars outside her house and
      thought they were coming to take Sophia when actually
      we have just found out they came to pick Miriam up for
      court to hear the judges' ruling. She saw the police,
      did not answer the door, and then fled here to Los
      Angeles, not wanting Sophia to be in foster care.

      Miriam has no family there and is a product of the
      system its very self. She has a job here that she
      attends every day and the child is in art class twice
      a week and also has child care. Miriam also now lives
      in a two bedroom house, three actually, has a
      Suburban, going for driving lessons, and is doing
      extremely well with the support here in our community.

      Los Angeles Child Care services says they can do no
      thing as the child has to be expedited back to
      Michigan. I have spoken with the hardnosed case worker
      and have explained this and also the wishes that we
      find a solution that does not have this child in the
      system due to a technicality. Those of you who have
      followed this story know that Miriam was picked up
      just before we got her a job, for 'intent for
      prostitution'. This is going to be used against her
      but we have a pretty strong point that once this
      'intent' was issued the community rallied around her
      to get her a job and to get her and the family
      stabalized. They have been so and it has been truly a
      joy to be around them and the child.

      So, Wayne County is where the case originated and I am
      wondering if there is anyone that can help us on that
      end with the Referree who will be hearing the case?
      We'd like to get the letters of support as well as the
      proof of work and so forth to him with a face to face
      person versus faxing and so forth. My hope is that
      they will want to find a solution beings it was a
      technicality in the first place and that she is doing
      very well here and Detroit has nothing to offer her in
      Lansing.

      If anyone is able to work from that end I say it would
      be a good deed as we do really have a young lady who
      has turned her life fully around.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 18 , May 11, 2007
        Hey Friends,

        Our study group with Adriana Koulias will start this
        Sunday, May 13th, at 3pm Los Angeles time. You will
        need to have downloaded Skype which can be found on
        the website www.anthroposophia.org One link will say
        'about Skype' click on this and you will then see a
        link to 'download' Skype. This will take you to the
        homepage of Skype and you then click on the link that
        says 'download now'. This will take about five
        minutes.

        In order to participate in the interactive version I
        will need you to then send me your name so I can 'add'
        you into the conversation when it is taking place on
        Sunday. You can email me through this email address:
        dottie@...

        To join the Study Group where you can read the first
        lectures please make sure you have joined the Study
        Group at the top of the homepage of
        www.anthroposophia.org I am sorry to say that you will
        have to join again as all the names were lost when we
        were having our problems getting started. Those who
        have signed in during the last week will not have to
        do this again. If you rejoin and it says 'user name
        already exists' this means you are a member already.
        (Originally we had over 100 people join and right now
        we have 10 people signed in as having joined. So most
        of you will have to rejoin.) And the Forum is the
        place where further questions can be discussed in
        relations to the Study Group and the Extension Work
        groups. You will have to join this as well at the top
        of the home page of anthroposophia.org.

        For the Extension Working groups the times will be:

        Living the Foundation Stone Meditation with Daniel
        Bittleston: 10:00 a.m. Sundays starting May 20th. This
        will be a weekly meeting.

        'We shall be studying the FSM line by line, to clarify
        and deepen understanding. For example: What is our
        experience of our limbs carrying us into the ocean
        being of spirit?'

        A Year of Transformation with Dottie Zold: Monday
        evenings starting 5/14 at 7:00 p.m. This will be a
        weekly meeting. 'We shall begin with a conversation
        about the Daily Exercises in How To Know Higher Worlds
        and how they work to aid us on our path of initiation
        .'

        The first lecture can be found once you sign up for
        the Study Group at the top of our homepage at
        anthroposophia.org. Once in you will click the link
        that says 'study group' (first group) and click next
        each time at the bottom of the page. You may also
        download it in a pdf format by clicking on one of the
        little three buttons to the right of the article. If
        you need any help please email me.

        Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

        All good things,

        Dottie

        ____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals
        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        http://travel.yahoo.com/
      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 18 , May 14, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

          > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
          > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
          > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann

          I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
          sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
          command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.

          Regards back,
          Jennifer
        • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 18 , May 14, 2007
            From what I saw, I figure the ashram gurus just didn't want any
            competition. Wonder what ever happened to those guys after they left the
            US- Muktananda, Rashineesh etc. Anyone know?

            Deborah

            of On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:33:48 -0500, write3chairs
            <write3chairs@...> wrote:

            > I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
            >> any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
            >> about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
          • gaelman58
            Message 5 of 18 , May 14, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
              <write3chairs@...> wrote:

              > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
              >
              > > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
              > > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
              > > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
              >
              > I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
              > sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
              > command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.
              >
              > Regards back,
              > Jennifer

              Yes Jennifer, I've been on an ashram...back in the days when I was an
              undercover intelligence agent for the Inquisitorial Branch of the
              Vatican I was given the mission of penetrating a certain Indian Occult
              Brotherhood north of Calcutta...I succeeded but screwed things up when
              I had a brief torrid affair with the leader's grandmother...seems I
              babbled in my sleep. I escaped by shaving my head, wearing rags,
              pretending to be a mute and kicking at cats whenever I ran across
              them...a local ashram took me in....I left when the stringent celibacy
              rules got to me....McCann