Re: Cat group soul

  • gaelman58
    Message 1 of 18 , May 11, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
      <write3chairs@...> wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
      >
      > > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's
      cat who
      > > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not
      because
      > > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul"
      must
      > > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
      > > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
      >
      > You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
      > http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
      > Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Jennifer

      Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
      any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
      about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
      Message 2 of 18 , May 11, 2007
        Hey Everyone,

        So, whew, Sophia has just been taken by the Family and
        Child Services here in Los Angeles due to a
        technicallity from Michigan on a case that was won on
        the last day of court, but Miriam failed to show due
        to her 3 month old baby Natalia dying from inopperable
        cancer. She called to let them know and Eleazar showed
        up but his id had expired and they refused to allow
        him to be in court on her behalf.

        Two case workers from two different counties were
        working on the case because Miriam had moved from the
        place where the original complaint began. These two
        case workers had two very different opinions of Miriam
        and the hardernose one one the final judgement. The
        second one appealed and the judge agreed with her
        points and Sophia the case was then to be closed.
        Miriam saw the police cars outside her house and
        thought they were coming to take Sophia when actually
        we have just found out they came to pick Miriam up for
        court to hear the judges' ruling. She saw the police,
        did not answer the door, and then fled here to Los
        Angeles, not wanting Sophia to be in foster care.

        Miriam has no family there and is a product of the
        system its very self. She has a job here that she
        attends every day and the child is in art class twice
        a week and also has child care. Miriam also now lives
        in a two bedroom house, three actually, has a
        Suburban, going for driving lessons, and is doing
        extremely well with the support here in our community.

        Los Angeles Child Care services says they can do no
        thing as the child has to be expedited back to
        Michigan. I have spoken with the hardnosed case worker
        and have explained this and also the wishes that we
        find a solution that does not have this child in the
        system due to a technicality. Those of you who have
        followed this story know that Miriam was picked up
        just before we got her a job, for 'intent for
        prostitution'. This is going to be used against her
        but we have a pretty strong point that once this
        'intent' was issued the community rallied around her
        to get her a job and to get her and the family
        stabalized. They have been so and it has been truly a
        joy to be around them and the child.

        So, Wayne County is where the case originated and I am
        wondering if there is anyone that can help us on that
        end with the Referree who will be hearing the case?
        We'd like to get the letters of support as well as the
        proof of work and so forth to him with a face to face
        person versus faxing and so forth. My hope is that
        they will want to find a solution beings it was a
        technicality in the first place and that she is doing
        very well here and Detroit has nothing to offer her in
        Lansing.

        If anyone is able to work from that end I say it would
        be a good deed as we do really have a young lady who
        has turned her life fully around.

        Thanks,

        Message 3 of 18 , May 11, 2007
          Hey Friends,

          Our study group with Adriana Koulias will start this
          Sunday, May 13th, at 3pm Los Angeles time. You will
          need to have downloaded Skype which can be found on
          the website www.anthroposophia.org One link will say
          'about Skype' click on this and you will then see a
          link to 'download' Skype. This will take you to the
          homepage of Skype and you then click on the link that
          says 'download now'. This will take about five
          minutes.

          In order to participate in the interactive version I
          will need you to then send me your name so I can 'add'
          you into the conversation when it is taking place on
          Sunday. You can email me through this email address:
          dottie@...

          To join the Study Group where you can read the first
          lectures please make sure you have joined the Study
          Group at the top of the homepage of
          www.anthroposophia.org I am sorry to say that you will
          have to join again as all the names were lost when we
          were having our problems getting started. Those who
          have signed in during the last week will not have to
          do this again. If you rejoin and it says 'user name
          already exists' this means you are a member already.
          (Originally we had over 100 people join and right now
          we have 10 people signed in as having joined. So most
          of you will have to rejoin.) And the Forum is the
          place where further questions can be discussed in
          relations to the Study Group and the Extension Work
          groups. You will have to join this as well at the top
          of the home page of anthroposophia.org.

          For the Extension Working groups the times will be:

          Living the Foundation Stone Meditation with Daniel
          Bittleston: 10:00 a.m. Sundays starting May 20th. This
          will be a weekly meeting.

          'We shall be studying the FSM line by line, to clarify
          and deepen understanding. For example: What is our
          experience of our limbs carrying us into the ocean
          being of spirit?'

          A Year of Transformation with Dottie Zold: Monday
          evenings starting 5/14 at 7:00 p.m. This will be a
          weekly meeting. 'We shall begin with a conversation
          about the Daily Exercises in How To Know Higher Worlds
          and how they work to aid us on our path of initiation
          .'

          The first lecture can be found once you sign up for
          the Study Group at the top of our homepage at
          anthroposophia.org. Once in you will click the link
          that says 'study group' (first group) and click next
          each time at the bottom of the page. You may also
          download it in a pdf format by clicking on one of the
          little three buttons to the right of the article. If
          you need any help please email me.

          Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

          All good things,

          Dottie

          ____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
        • write3chairs
          Message 4 of 18 , May 14, 2007
            --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

            > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
            > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
            > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann

            I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
            sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
            command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.

            Regards back,
            Jennifer
          • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 18 , May 14, 2007
              From what I saw, I figure the ashram gurus just didn't want any
              competition. Wonder what ever happened to those guys after they left the
              US- Muktananda, Rashineesh etc. Anyone know?

              Deborah

              of On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:33:48 -0500, write3chairs

              Message 6 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
                >
                > > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                > > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                > > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
                >
                > I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                > sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                > command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.
                >
                > Regards back,
                > Jennifer

                Yes Jennifer, I've been on an ashram...back in the days when I was an
                undercover intelligence agent for the Inquisitorial Branch of the
                Vatican I was given the mission of penetrating a certain Indian Occult
                Brotherhood north of Calcutta...I succeeded but screwed things up when
                I had a brief torrid affair with the leader's grandmother...seems I
                babbled in my sleep. I escaped by shaving my head, wearing rags,
                pretending to be a mute and kicking at cats whenever I ran across
                them...a local ashram took me in....I left when the stringent celibacy
                rules got to me....McCann