Cat group soul

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 18 , May 11, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

      > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's cat who
      > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not because
      > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul" must
      > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
      > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann

      You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
      http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
      Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.

      Cheers,
      Jennifer
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 18 , May 11, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
        <write3chairs@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
        >
        > > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's
        cat who
        > > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not
        because
        > > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul"
        must
        > > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
        > > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
        >
        > You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
        > http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
        > Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jennifer

        Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
        any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
        about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
        Message 3 of 18 , May 11, 2007
          Hey Everyone,

          So, whew, Sophia has just been taken by the Family and
          Child Services here in Los Angeles due to a
          technicallity from Michigan on a case that was won on
          the last day of court, but Miriam failed to show due
          to her 3 month old baby Natalia dying from inopperable
          cancer. She called to let them know and Eleazar showed
          up but his id had expired and they refused to allow
          him to be in court on her behalf.

          Two case workers from two different counties were
          working on the case because Miriam had moved from the
          place where the original complaint began. These two
          case workers had two very different opinions of Miriam
          and the hardernose one one the final judgement. The
          second one appealed and the judge agreed with her
          points and Sophia the case was then to be closed.
          Miriam saw the police cars outside her house and
          thought they were coming to take Sophia when actually
          we have just found out they came to pick Miriam up for
          court to hear the judges' ruling. She saw the police,
          did not answer the door, and then fled here to Los
          Angeles, not wanting Sophia to be in foster care.

          Miriam has no family there and is a product of the
          system its very self. She has a job here that she
          attends every day and the child is in art class twice
          a week and also has child care. Miriam also now lives
          in a two bedroom house, three actually, has a
          Suburban, going for driving lessons, and is doing
          extremely well with the support here in our community.

          Los Angeles Child Care services says they can do no
          thing as the child has to be expedited back to
          Michigan. I have spoken with the hardnosed case worker
          and have explained this and also the wishes that we
          find a solution that does not have this child in the
          system due to a technicality. Those of you who have
          followed this story know that Miriam was picked up
          just before we got her a job, for 'intent for
          prostitution'. This is going to be used against her
          but we have a pretty strong point that once this
          'intent' was issued the community rallied around her
          to get her a job and to get her and the family
          stabalized. They have been so and it has been truly a
          joy to be around them and the child.

          So, Wayne County is where the case originated and I am
          wondering if there is anyone that can help us on that
          end with the Referree who will be hearing the case?
          We'd like to get the letters of support as well as the
          proof of work and so forth to him with a face to face
          person versus faxing and so forth. My hope is that
          they will want to find a solution beings it was a
          technicality in the first place and that she is doing
          very well here and Detroit has nothing to offer her in
          Lansing.

          If anyone is able to work from that end I say it would
          be a good deed as we do really have a young lady who
          has turned her life fully around.

          Thanks,

          Message 4 of 18 , May 11, 2007
            Hey Friends,

            Our study group with Adriana Koulias will start this
            Sunday, May 13th, at 3pm Los Angeles time. You will
            need to have downloaded Skype which can be found on
            the website www.anthroposophia.org One link will say
            'about Skype' click on this and you will then see a
            link to 'download' Skype. This will take you to the
            homepage of Skype and you then click on the link that
            says 'download now'. This will take about five
            minutes.

            In order to participate in the interactive version I
            will need you to then send me your name so I can 'add'
            you into the conversation when it is taking place on
            Sunday. You can email me through this email address:
            dottie@...

            To join the Study Group where you can read the first
            lectures please make sure you have joined the Study
            Group at the top of the homepage of
            www.anthroposophia.org I am sorry to say that you will
            have to join again as all the names were lost when we
            were having our problems getting started. Those who
            have signed in during the last week will not have to
            do this again. If you rejoin and it says 'user name
            already exists' this means you are a member already.
            (Originally we had over 100 people join and right now
            we have 10 people signed in as having joined. So most
            of you will have to rejoin.) And the Forum is the
            place where further questions can be discussed in
            relations to the Study Group and the Extension Work
            groups. You will have to join this as well at the top
            of the home page of anthroposophia.org.

            For the Extension Working groups the times will be:

            Living the Foundation Stone Meditation with Daniel
            Bittleston: 10:00 a.m. Sundays starting May 20th. This
            will be a weekly meeting.

            'We shall be studying the FSM line by line, to clarify
            and deepen understanding. For example: What is our
            experience of our limbs carrying us into the ocean
            being of spirit?'

            A Year of Transformation with Dottie Zold: Monday
            evenings starting 5/14 at 7:00 p.m. This will be a
            weekly meeting. 'We shall begin with a conversation
            about the Daily Exercises in How To Know Higher Worlds
            and how they work to aid us on our path of initiation
            .'

            The first lecture can be found once you sign up for
            the Study Group at the top of our homepage at
            anthroposophia.org. Once in you will click the link
            that says 'study group' (first group) and click next
            each time at the bottom of the page. You may also
            download it in a pdf format by clicking on one of the
            little three buttons to the right of the article. If
            you need any help please email me.

            Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

            All good things,

            Dottie

            ____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals
            to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
            http://travel.yahoo.com/
          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 18 , May 14, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

              > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
              > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
              > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann

              I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
              sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
              command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.

              Regards back,
              Jennifer
            • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                From what I saw, I figure the ashram gurus just didn't want any
                competition. Wonder what ever happened to those guys after they left the
                US- Muktananda, Rashineesh etc. Anyone know?

                Deborah

                of On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:33:48 -0500, write3chairs

                Message 7 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                  <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                  > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
                  >
                  > > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                  > > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                  > > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
                  >
                  > I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                  > sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                  > command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.
                  >
                  > Regards back,
                  > Jennifer

                  Yes Jennifer, I've been on an ashram...back in the days when I was an
                  undercover intelligence agent for the Inquisitorial Branch of the
                  Vatican I was given the mission of penetrating a certain Indian Occult
                  Brotherhood north of Calcutta...I succeeded but screwed things up when
                  I had a brief torrid affair with the leader's grandmother...seems I
                  babbled in my sleep. I escaped by shaving my head, wearing rags,
                  pretending to be a mute and kicking at cats whenever I ran across
                  them...a local ashram took me in....I left when the stringent celibacy
                  rules got to me....McCann