Re: Everybody hurts/Learning/Tail Treading

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 18 , May 8, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

      > Apparently Jennifer, with your "I cannot say" you have a better
      > slant on it than Twain....

      McCann, I truly appreciate the dialogue! Today I am working on a
      project and had to look up a quotation by Henry David Thoreau (the one
      about marching to a different drummer). But look at this one I found as
      well.

      "A kitten is so flexible that she is almost double; the hind parts are
      equivalent to another kitten with which the forepart plays. She does
      not discover that her tail belongs to her until you tread on it."

      Had to come and share that with you all. :)

      More later,
      Jennifer
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 18 , May 9, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
        <write3chairs@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
        >
        > > Apparently Jennifer, with your "I cannot say" you have a better
        > > slant on it than Twain....
        >
        > McCann, I truly appreciate the dialogue! Today I am working on a
        > project and had to look up a quotation by Henry David Thoreau (the one
        > about marching to a different drummer). But look at this one I found as
        > well.
        >
        > "A kitten is so flexible that she is almost double; the hind parts are
        > equivalent to another kitten with which the forepart plays. She does
        > not discover that her tail belongs to her until you tread on it."
        >
        > Had to come and share that with you all. :)
        >
        > More later,
        > Jennifer

        Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's cat who
        hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not because
        he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul" must
        have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
        reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 18 , May 11, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

          > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's cat who
          > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not because
          > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul" must
          > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
          > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann

          You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
          http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
          Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.

          Cheers,
          Jennifer
        • gaelman58
          Message 4 of 18 , May 11, 2007
            <write3chairs@...> wrote:

            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
            >
            > > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's
            cat who
            > > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not
            because
            > > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul"
            must
            > > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
            > > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
            >
            > You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
            > http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
            > Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Jennifer

            Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
            any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
            about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
            Message 5 of 18 , May 11, 2007
              Hey Everyone,

              So, whew, Sophia has just been taken by the Family and
              Child Services here in Los Angeles due to a
              technicallity from Michigan on a case that was won on
              the last day of court, but Miriam failed to show due
              to her 3 month old baby Natalia dying from inopperable
              cancer. She called to let them know and Eleazar showed
              up but his id had expired and they refused to allow
              him to be in court on her behalf.

              Two case workers from two different counties were
              working on the case because Miriam had moved from the
              place where the original complaint began. These two
              case workers had two very different opinions of Miriam
              and the hardernose one one the final judgement. The
              second one appealed and the judge agreed with her
              points and Sophia the case was then to be closed.
              Miriam saw the police cars outside her house and
              thought they were coming to take Sophia when actually
              we have just found out they came to pick Miriam up for
              court to hear the judges' ruling. She saw the police,
              did not answer the door, and then fled here to Los
              Angeles, not wanting Sophia to be in foster care.

              Miriam has no family there and is a product of the
              system its very self. She has a job here that she
              attends every day and the child is in art class twice
              a week and also has child care. Miriam also now lives
              in a two bedroom house, three actually, has a
              Suburban, going for driving lessons, and is doing
              extremely well with the support here in our community.

              Los Angeles Child Care services says they can do no
              thing as the child has to be expedited back to
              Michigan. I have spoken with the hardnosed case worker
              and have explained this and also the wishes that we
              find a solution that does not have this child in the
              system due to a technicality. Those of you who have
              followed this story know that Miriam was picked up
              just before we got her a job, for 'intent for
              prostitution'. This is going to be used against her
              but we have a pretty strong point that once this
              'intent' was issued the community rallied around her
              to get her a job and to get her and the family
              stabalized. They have been so and it has been truly a
              joy to be around them and the child.

              So, Wayne County is where the case originated and I am
              wondering if there is anyone that can help us on that
              end with the Referree who will be hearing the case?
              We'd like to get the letters of support as well as the
              proof of work and so forth to him with a face to face
              person versus faxing and so forth. My hope is that
              they will want to find a solution beings it was a
              technicality in the first place and that she is doing
              very well here and Detroit has nothing to offer her in
              Lansing.

              If anyone is able to work from that end I say it would
              be a good deed as we do really have a young lady who
              has turned her life fully around.

              Thanks,

              Message 6 of 18 , May 11, 2007
                Hey Friends,

                Our study group with Adriana Koulias will start this
                Sunday, May 13th, at 3pm Los Angeles time. You will
                need to have downloaded Skype which can be found on
                the website www.anthroposophia.org One link will say
                'about Skype' click on this and you will then see a
                link to 'download' Skype. This will take you to the
                homepage of Skype and you then click on the link that
                says 'download now'. This will take about five
                minutes.

                In order to participate in the interactive version I
                will need you to then send me your name so I can 'add'
                you into the conversation when it is taking place on
                Sunday. You can email me through this email address:
                dottie@...

                To join the Study Group where you can read the first
                lectures please make sure you have joined the Study
                Group at the top of the homepage of
                www.anthroposophia.org I am sorry to say that you will
                have to join again as all the names were lost when we
                were having our problems getting started. Those who
                have signed in during the last week will not have to
                do this again. If you rejoin and it says 'user name
                already exists' this means you are a member already.
                (Originally we had over 100 people join and right now
                we have 10 people signed in as having joined. So most
                of you will have to rejoin.) And the Forum is the
                place where further questions can be discussed in
                relations to the Study Group and the Extension Work
                groups. You will have to join this as well at the top
                of the home page of anthroposophia.org.

                For the Extension Working groups the times will be:

                Living the Foundation Stone Meditation with Daniel
                Bittleston: 10:00 a.m. Sundays starting May 20th. This
                will be a weekly meeting.

                'We shall be studying the FSM line by line, to clarify
                and deepen understanding. For example: What is our
                experience of our limbs carrying us into the ocean
                being of spirit?'

                A Year of Transformation with Dottie Zold: Monday
                evenings starting 5/14 at 7:00 p.m. This will be a
                weekly meeting. 'We shall begin with a conversation
                about the Daily Exercises in How To Know Higher Worlds
                and how they work to aid us on our path of initiation
                .'

                The first lecture can be found once you sign up for
                the Study Group at the top of our homepage at
                anthroposophia.org. Once in you will click the link
                that says 'study group' (first group) and click next
                each time at the bottom of the page. You may also
                download it in a pdf format by clicking on one of the
                little three buttons to the right of the article. If
                you need any help please email me.

                Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

                All good things,

                Dottie

                ____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals
                to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                http://travel.yahoo.com/
              • write3chairs
                Message 7 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

                  > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                  > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                  > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann

                  I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                  sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                  command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.

                  Regards back,
                  Jennifer
                • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                    From what I saw, I figure the ashram gurus just didn't want any
                    competition. Wonder what ever happened to those guys after they left the
                    US- Muktananda, Rashineesh etc. Anyone know?

                    Deborah

                    of On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:33:48 -0500, write3chairs

                    Message 9 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                      <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                      > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
                      >
                      > > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                      > > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                      > > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
                      >
                      > I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                      > sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                      > command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.
                      >
                      > Regards back,
                      > Jennifer

                      Yes Jennifer, I've been on an ashram...back in the days when I was an
                      undercover intelligence agent for the Inquisitorial Branch of the
                      Vatican I was given the mission of penetrating a certain Indian Occult
                      Brotherhood north of Calcutta...I succeeded but screwed things up when
                      I had a brief torrid affair with the leader's grandmother...seems I
                      babbled in my sleep. I escaped by shaving my head, wearing rags,
                      pretending to be a mute and kicking at cats whenever I ran across
                      them...a local ashram took me in....I left when the stringent celibacy
                      rules got to me....McCann