Re: Everybody hurts/Learning

  • write3chairs
    Message 1 of 18 , May 6, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

      > Well Jennifer, I think what impressed me about the young man's
      > remark was its reference to our existential reality...having to do
      > with a soul/spiritual reality I hadn't thought about...something
      > that transcends race, gender, beliefs, etc...something true about
      > everybody...yeah, everybody hurts.

      And something else, everybody is alive! What, you might ask. How
      obvious. Yes, but think of it. What separates us from death? The
      golden thread of life. The eternal soul is connected to the finite
      body by that force called life. We live. And yes, we hurt. If not for
      the life within us, we wouldn't hurt or feel joy either. It is the
      life force that connects us, not the Internet. ;)

      > On the lighter side...I've been boarding my oldest son's cat lo
      > these many years...I've trained him by being me and he's trained me
      > by being him...what is it I'm going to learn if I decide to carry
      > him by the tail?...:)

      I cannot say, but a word of caution to the kids reading here: don't
      try this at home. :)

      Cheers,
      Jennifer

      > ...McCann
    • gaelman58
      Message 2 of 18 , May 6, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "write3chairs"
        <write3chairs@...> wrote:

        > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
        >
        > > Well Jennifer, I think what impressed me about the young man's
        > > remark was its reference to our existential reality...having to
        do
        > > with a soul/spiritual reality I hadn't thought about...something
        > > that transcends race, gender, beliefs, etc...something true
        about
        > > everybody...yeah, everybody hurts.
        >
        > And something else, everybody is alive! What, you might ask. How
        > obvious. Yes, but think of it. What separates us from death? The
        > golden thread of life. The eternal soul is connected to the finite
        > body by that force called life. We live. And yes, we hurt. If not
        for
        > the life within us, we wouldn't hurt or feel joy either. It is the
        > life force that connects us, not the Internet. ;)

        Sometimes, it seems to me, Jennifer....there's not much to be said
        for the "thread of life"...like in the prayer, for instance,..." I
        thank thee, O Heaven, that I have been spared what has happened to
        those poor souls in that terrible situation yonder"...for "terrible
        situations" do arise...and in those situations a reasonable person
        might not choose life...and whereas one can simply leave the
        Internet, from my reading one is committing a great karmic no-no in
        choosing to leave life.

        > > On the lighter side...I've been boarding my oldest son's cat lo
        > > these many years...I've trained him by being me and he's trained
        me
        > > by being him...what is it I'm going to learn if I decide to
        carry
        > > him by the tail?...:)
        >
        > I cannot say, but a word of caution to the kids reading here:
        don't
        > try this at home. :)
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jennifer

        Apparently Jennifer, with your "I cannot say" you have a better
        slant on it than Twain....

        > > ...McCann

      • write3chairs
        Message 3 of 18 , May 8, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

          > Apparently Jennifer, with your "I cannot say" you have a better
          > slant on it than Twain....

          McCann, I truly appreciate the dialogue! Today I am working on a
          project and had to look up a quotation by Henry David Thoreau (the one
          about marching to a different drummer). But look at this one I found as
          well.

          "A kitten is so flexible that she is almost double; the hind parts are
          equivalent to another kitten with which the forepart plays. She does
          not discover that her tail belongs to her until you tread on it."

          Had to come and share that with you all. :)

          More later,
          Jennifer
        • gaelman58
          Message 4 of 18 , May 9, 2007
            <write3chairs@...> wrote:

            > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
            >
            > > Apparently Jennifer, with your "I cannot say" you have a better
            > > slant on it than Twain....
            >
            > McCann, I truly appreciate the dialogue! Today I am working on a
            > project and had to look up a quotation by Henry David Thoreau (the one
            > about marching to a different drummer). But look at this one I found as
            > well.
            >
            > "A kitten is so flexible that she is almost double; the hind parts are
            > equivalent to another kitten with which the forepart plays. She does
            > not discover that her tail belongs to her until you tread on it."
            >
            > Had to come and share that with you all. :)
            >
            > More later,
            > Jennifer

            Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's cat who
            hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not because
            he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul" must
            have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
            reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
          • write3chairs
            Message 5 of 18 , May 11, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

              > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's cat who
              > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not because
              > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul" must
              > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
              > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann

              You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
              http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
              Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.

              Cheers,
              Jennifer
            • gaelman58
              Message 6 of 18 , May 11, 2007
                <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
                >
                > > Jennifer: Here's my uninformed opinion about Fergus, my son's
                cat who
                > > hangs out here...he's very well behaved when I'm around...not
                because
                > > he's anything but a cat..but because, well, the "cat group soul"
                must
                > > have an interest in it. If by some magical act I suddenly become
                > > reduced to about three inches in height...I'm a meal...McCann
                >
                > You reminded me of a photo I posted almost two years ago:
                > http://tinyurl.com/2wcuhv
                > Please introduce Fergus to Khalil, who guards my computer.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Jennifer

                Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
                Message 7 of 18 , May 11, 2007
                  Hey Everyone,

                  So, whew, Sophia has just been taken by the Family and
                  Child Services here in Los Angeles due to a
                  technicallity from Michigan on a case that was won on
                  the last day of court, but Miriam failed to show due
                  to her 3 month old baby Natalia dying from inopperable
                  cancer. She called to let them know and Eleazar showed
                  up but his id had expired and they refused to allow
                  him to be in court on her behalf.

                  Two case workers from two different counties were
                  working on the case because Miriam had moved from the
                  place where the original complaint began. These two
                  case workers had two very different opinions of Miriam
                  and the hardernose one one the final judgement. The
                  second one appealed and the judge agreed with her
                  points and Sophia the case was then to be closed.
                  Miriam saw the police cars outside her house and
                  thought they were coming to take Sophia when actually
                  we have just found out they came to pick Miriam up for
                  court to hear the judges' ruling. She saw the police,
                  did not answer the door, and then fled here to Los
                  Angeles, not wanting Sophia to be in foster care.

                  Miriam has no family there and is a product of the
                  system its very self. She has a job here that she
                  attends every day and the child is in art class twice
                  a week and also has child care. Miriam also now lives
                  in a two bedroom house, three actually, has a
                  Suburban, going for driving lessons, and is doing
                  extremely well with the support here in our community.

                  Los Angeles Child Care services says they can do no
                  thing as the child has to be expedited back to
                  Michigan. I have spoken with the hardnosed case worker
                  and have explained this and also the wishes that we
                  find a solution that does not have this child in the
                  system due to a technicality. Those of you who have
                  followed this story know that Miriam was picked up
                  just before we got her a job, for 'intent for
                  prostitution'. This is going to be used against her
                  but we have a pretty strong point that once this
                  'intent' was issued the community rallied around her
                  to get her a job and to get her and the family
                  stabalized. They have been so and it has been truly a
                  joy to be around them and the child.

                  So, Wayne County is where the case originated and I am
                  wondering if there is anyone that can help us on that
                  end with the Referree who will be hearing the case?
                  We'd like to get the letters of support as well as the
                  proof of work and so forth to him with a face to face
                  person versus faxing and so forth. My hope is that
                  they will want to find a solution beings it was a
                  technicality in the first place and that she is doing
                  very well here and Detroit has nothing to offer her in
                  Lansing.

                  If anyone is able to work from that end I say it would
                  be a good deed as we do really have a young lady who
                  has turned her life fully around.

                  Thanks,

                  Message 8 of 18 , May 11, 2007
                    Hey Friends,

                    Our study group with Adriana Koulias will start this
                    Sunday, May 13th, at 3pm Los Angeles time. You will
                    need to have downloaded Skype which can be found on
                    the website www.anthroposophia.org One link will say
                    'about Skype' click on this and you will then see a
                    link to 'download' Skype. This will take you to the
                    homepage of Skype and you then click on the link that
                    says 'download now'. This will take about five
                    minutes.

                    In order to participate in the interactive version I
                    will need you to then send me your name so I can 'add'
                    you into the conversation when it is taking place on
                    Sunday. You can email me through this email address:
                    dottie@...

                    To join the Study Group where you can read the first
                    lectures please make sure you have joined the Study
                    Group at the top of the homepage of
                    www.anthroposophia.org I am sorry to say that you will
                    have to join again as all the names were lost when we
                    were having our problems getting started. Those who
                    have signed in during the last week will not have to
                    do this again. If you rejoin and it says 'user name
                    already exists' this means you are a member already.
                    (Originally we had over 100 people join and right now
                    we have 10 people signed in as having joined. So most
                    of you will have to rejoin.) And the Forum is the
                    place where further questions can be discussed in
                    relations to the Study Group and the Extension Work
                    groups. You will have to join this as well at the top
                    of the home page of anthroposophia.org.

                    For the Extension Working groups the times will be:

                    Living the Foundation Stone Meditation with Daniel
                    Bittleston: 10:00 a.m. Sundays starting May 20th. This
                    will be a weekly meeting.

                    'We shall be studying the FSM line by line, to clarify
                    and deepen understanding. For example: What is our
                    experience of our limbs carrying us into the ocean
                    being of spirit?'

                    A Year of Transformation with Dottie Zold: Monday
                    evenings starting 5/14 at 7:00 p.m. This will be a
                    weekly meeting. 'We shall begin with a conversation
                    about the Daily Exercises in How To Know Higher Worlds
                    and how they work to aid us on our path of initiation
                    .'

                    The first lecture can be found once you sign up for
                    the Study Group at the top of our homepage at
                    anthroposophia.org. Once in you will click the link
                    that says 'study group' (first group) and click next
                    each time at the bottom of the page. You may also
                    download it in a pdf format by clicking on one of the
                    little three buttons to the right of the article. If
                    you need any help please email me.

                    Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

                    All good things,

                    Dottie

                    ____________________________________________________________________________________Need a vacation? Get great deals
                    to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
                    http://travel.yahoo.com/
                  • write3chairs
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                      --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:

                      > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                      > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                      > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann

                      I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                      sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                      command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.

                      Regards back,
                      Jennifer
                    • laquerencia33@sbcglobal.net
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                        From what I saw, I figure the ashram gurus just didn't want any
                        competition. Wonder what ever happened to those guys after they left the
                        US- Muktananda, Rashineesh etc. Anyone know?

                        Deborah

                        of On Mon, 14 May 2007 12:33:48 -0500, write3chairs

                        Message 11 of 18 , May 14, 2007
                          <write3chairs@...> wrote:

                          > --- In anthroposophy_tomorrow@yahoogroups.com, "gaelman58" wrote:
                          >
                          > > Jennifer: I've read that cats are banned on ashrams. Have you
                          > > any idea why that's the case? Someone once mentioned something
                          > > about "sucking" energy away from people...regards, McCann
                          >
                          > I have no idea, have never experienced an ashram (have you?), but it
                          > sure makes sense because cats are just that way. Not only do they
                          > command attention, they demand it! Unlike us humans, of course.
                          >
                          > Regards back,
                          > Jennifer

                          Yes Jennifer, I've been on an ashram...back in the days when I was an
                          undercover intelligence agent for the Inquisitorial Branch of the
                          Vatican I was given the mission of penetrating a certain Indian Occult
                          Brotherhood north of Calcutta...I succeeded but screwed things up when
                          I had a brief torrid affair with the leader's grandmother...seems I
                          babbled in my sleep. I escaped by shaving my head, wearing rags,
                          pretending to be a mute and kicking at cats whenever I ran across
                          them...a local ashram took me in....I left when the stringent celibacy
                          rules got to me....McCann