Re: [anthroposophy_tomorrow] Re: Soul and Spirit

  • Frank Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2007
      --- dottie zold <dottie_z@...> wrote:

      > RS:
      > > "... But then we know - and you can read it in my
      > > "Theosophy" - that united with these three members
      > > (physical body, etheric body and soul body) is
      > what
      > > one generally comprises under "I". The "I" is
      > > actually
      > > a threefold being: sentient soul, intellectual or
      > > mind
      > > soul, consciousness soul, ... " 1*
      > >
      > > "The "I" dwells in the soul ... Within the "I" the
      > > spirit is alive and active ...the spirit streams
      > > into
      > > the "I" taking it as its garment..." 2*
      >
      > Oh boy Frank!
      >
      > Okay, can we stop here for a second? Okay, so we are
      > understanding that the I is the embryo that exists
      > within the body of the Soul? And the spirit streams
      > into the I taking it as its garment?

      F: Not quite. I would say that what is meant by
      "embryo" is the spirit-self - or transformed astral
      body.

      > Question: is this saying that the Spirit NOW resides
      > in the I that is within the Soul? Or is it after
      > it(damnit see if the I is in the Soul and it takes
      > on
      > the three qualities of sentient, intellectual,
      > consciousness, is the I the Soul?) has been purified
      > that it is birthed in man from above?

      F: Saying that it is in embryo form means (imo) that
      the spirit-self is there but not developed. The spirit
      in general, however, is always present in the the I -
      and everywhere for that matter.
      Frank

      Frank Thomas Smith
      http://SouthernCrossReview.org